GOLEM Entity Construction System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this looks amazing..it would perfectly fit in to my current project

any updates when it may come out on marketplace? cant wait to play with this
    Last edited by evolution_nut; 03-07-2015, 01:33 PM.
    https://twitter.com/InnerDriveGames

https://www.facebook.com/danceoflifegame

Comment

Originally posted by evolution_nut View Post
      this looks amazing..it would perfectly fit in to my current project

any updates when it may come out on marketplace? cant wait to play with this
      Hi evolution_nut I truly appreciate your interest. No estimated time of arrival at this time, however, I'm grinding on it everyday. Progress is steady. Currently working on Core sub-systems that will support several In-game Modular/Procedural/Customizable/Construction Systems: GOLEMCraft, GLAIVERave, PyroLance, MOODSAURUS, others. Blueprints makes it easy to attach components to joints, which is at the heart of each Editor, its the GUI interfaces that require some dedicated drawing board time.
      ExORION Sci-Fi FTPS: Battle Kaiju, Mutants, Techno-Terrorist in Alien Powered Super Suit...

Comment

Would attaching a particle system to the components and using the particle collision work?

Comment

Originally posted by Porkminer View Post
          Would attaching a particle system to the components and using the particle collision work?
          Yes. You can attach any type of component to a bone. Attaching Particles effects is part of the system.
          ExORION Sci-Fi FTPS: Battle Kaiju, Mutants, Techno-Terrorist in Alien Powered Super Suit...

Comment

@TechLord This is very impressive. You are on to something really neat here, definitely huge potential. Can't wait to see more.

Comment

This is really interesting, I checked out the whole thread before finding out it was you Techlord haha, thanks for the feedback on my thread :P.

I'm loving this, what's the algorithm behind it? From what I can see and speculate is that you're generating random mesh components and attaching them randomly around a predefined skeletal mesh which is hidden ingame?
              Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
              My Website: https://theindiedev.com

Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by BioXide View Post
                This is really interesting, I checked out the whole thread before finding out it was you Techlord haha, thanks for the feedback on my thread :P.

I'm loving this, what's the algorithm behind it? From what I can see and speculate is that you're generating random mesh components and attaching them randomly around a predefined skeletal mesh which is hidden ingame?
                Hi BioXide. You're speculation is correct. I define the body with collision shapes from primitives and meshes, attaching fragments to skeletal mesh socket/bones based on fragment-vs-shape collision. The trick is in where the fragment are spawned and traveling method: self-propelled or pull by the body shape. I call the method, Collage Construction.

I'm developing In-game Editor App to facilitate greater control and complex fragment arrangement and save/load of configurations. I've dubbed the editor GOLEMCraft, it will support adding/tweaking Bodypart Shapes, Fragment/Material Selection, Manual orientation/attachment of Fragments (Mesh Components), and other Components (ie: Particle Systems, Lights, Audio) to the body. The Highlight is the PaintGun Tool that will simplify applying Fragments/Fragment Clusters adjusting Fragment Scale, Dispersion Radius, and Application Patterns: Straight, Zig-Zag, Oscillation.

In the current examples to date average up to 1000 Fragments. I optimize using layers of Instanced Static Meshes and custom occlusion. I'm excited about 4.7 ISM improvements anticipating the creation of some really complex Collage Creatures constructed from 100,000's of fragments.

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
                  Hi BioXide. You're speculation is correct. I define the body with collision shapes from primitives and meshes, attaching fragments to skeletal mesh socket/bones based on fragment-vs-shape collision. The trick is in where the fragment are spawned and traveling method: self-propelled or pull by the body shape. I call the method, Collage Construction.

I'm developing In-game Editor App to facilitate greater control and complex fragment arrangement and save/load of configurations. I've dubbed the editor GOLEMCraft, it will support adding/tweaking Bodypart Shapes, Fragment/Material Selection, Manual orientation/attachment of Fragments (Mesh Components), and other Components (ie: Particle Systems, Lights, Audio) to the body. The Highlight is the PaintGun Tool that will simplify applying Fragments/Fragment Clusters adjusting Fragment Scale, Dispersion Radius, and Application Patterns: Straight, Zig-Zag, Oscillation.

In the current examples to date average up to 1000 Fragments. I optimize using layers of Instanced Static Meshes and custom occlusion. I'm excited about 4.7 ISM improvements anticipating the creation of some really complex Collage Creatures constructed from 100,000's of fragments.
                  Awesome!

This could see some great use for a medieval RPG type game, multiple of procedural made golems with different shapes and colors, I like .

Comment

that's pretty wild!
                    -James Hibbert
                    Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by BioXide View Post
                      Awesome!

This could see some great use for a medieval RPG type game, multiple of procedural made golems with different shapes and colors, I like .
                      In fact, I'm using GOLEMCraft for all the Monsters in my FPSRPG with more organic fragment shapes and materials. This was the original purpose inspired out of a project (similar to Project Frequency), that used Frankiestien Monsters (Electrically Charged Flesh Golems patched together by body parts) for Zombies.

A derivative of the collage construction method is used in GLAIVERave for assembling Fantasy Melee Weapons, and in the ARMOUR Dynamic Character Armor System. What is really nice about this construction methodology is... dis-assembly to support destruction, dismemberment, and other forms of damage.

Comment

In fact, I'm using GOLEMCraft for all the Monsters in my FPSRPG with more organic fragment shapes and materials. This was the original purpose inspired out of a project (similar to Project Frequency), that used Frankiestien Monsters (Electrically Charged Flesh Golems patched together by body parts) for Zombies.

A derivative of the collage construction method is used in GLAIVERave for assembling Fantasy Melee Weapons, and in the ARMOUR Dynamic Character Armor System. What is really nice about this construction methodology is... dis-assembly to support destruction, dismemberment, and other forms of damage.
                        Awesome! By the way, clean your private messages, I'm trying to send you one and it's not letting me because your inbox is full.

Comment

Comment

Very impressive! I'll be following this!
                            David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
                            Content Creator
                            -Match-3 Blueprint
                            -Simple Checkpoint System
                            -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Comment

GOLEMCraft GUI System in the works.

Comment

GOLEMCraft GUI System in the works.
                                Hi, i have some questions regarding your golemcraft.

How many drawcalls has one golem?
                                Are they good performance with dozen of golem's?
                                What are your pc specs and FPS for such scene?
                                So you ask me in my thread you will see such alienskin textures on your golem, is that even possible??? https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...041#post334041
                                Is it possible to attach a particle systems/actor to golem? like here->

Click image for larger version

Name:	XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-Test-Tagebucheintrag-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	827.4 KB
ID:	1081952
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by MesherKnesher; 07-18-2015, 04:11 PM.
                                Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Working...
                                X