Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball game (WIP)

hi all,

as the title says I am attempting to make a ball game, the game will be a timed skill type game with obstacles/challenges and maybe some puzzles or puzzle elements.

at the moment I have my ball rolling just about perfect, might do some tweaking here and there but for the most part it moves just how I want it to.

here is a video of what I have so far.

I was testing the lighting/shadows and the physics, the ball actually rolls a lot smoother then it looks in that video.

I have also started trying to put together a basic HUD, it currently looks like this.

the textures are just place holders for now, I have never done HUD before so I don't know how far I am going to get with it, as you can see my plan is to have health/lives/special coins and a display showing what buttons your pressing.

I am not a programmer at all but I am going to try and do it all in BP's (fingers crossed I don't get stuck too much)

so what do you guys think?

feedback/constructive criticism is welcome

I was wondering when someone was finally going to make a ball game. Every engine needs one. Good looking so far, cannot wait for further updates on this.

Comment

cant wait to see what you do with this
      Game Artist

Comment

Its a start and its looking good!
        Reminds my rolling ball demo I did with the beta, but the camera was a bit bugged :P

Curious to see what you come up with this
        Hugo HRuivo Ruivo
        Game Programmer | Abyssal

Comment

Just make it better than marble blast!

Comment

What about a pinball game which the player controls a ball : )
            SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsAngled Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Good stuff mate
              Unreal Engine 4 Beta Tester

Comment

Originally posted by Ryzon View Post
                I was wondering when someone was finally going to make a ball game. Every engine needs one.
                it was inevitable

Originally posted by HRuivo View Post
                Its a start and its looking good!
                Reminds my rolling ball demo I did with the beta, but the camera was a bit bugged :P
                I remember that, actually I think I still have a copy of your "unreal ball" somewhere on my hard drive

Originally posted by Ryzon View Post
                Just make it better than marble blast!
                I'll try to

Originally posted by WetBass View Post
                What about a pinball game which the player controls a ball : )
                wouldn't that defeat the point of pinball?

Originally posted by PhenomHDV View Post
                Good stuff mate
                thanks

small update:

I have recorded the sound of a rolling marble and made it looping, its not perfect but its ok, I have imported it but haven't implemented it yet.

also I have made a few more textures for my ball, here is a pic

I was thinking of having the top 5 as the default chooseable textures and the other 4 as un-lockable textures, I might make more as well (I will be changing the blue/yellow and black texture because it looks to similar to one of the others).

I made the static mesh for the collectable coins, haven't textured it yet though

I'm going to redo the HUD textures as well because they just don't look right to me.

Comment

One of the B A L L S has to be a Poke'ball. Also one a Dragonball.

Comment

good idea but I think I would need to get permission, although one I was thinking about doing is an eyeball.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
                      good idea but I think I would need to get permission, although one I was thinking about doing is an eyeball.
                      That would be cool, also maybe do Planet Earth? Or other Planets.

Comment

Working...
                      X