Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Video] The Forest like Building system | Realtime construction/crafting gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Video] The Forest like Building system | Realtime construction/crafting gameplay

This is a survival game prototype Im making, based on the game "The forest", I made this 100% with Blueprints

Update

Currently supported version: 4.8.1+
    Cleanup: Some BPs have been refactored
    Documentation: Key features have been commented
    Tutorial: A example level with comments have been made

Buy it now: http://nsabater.com/downloads/building-system/

If you already bought it, you can download the new version for free by login with your account and going to your pucharse history ( http://nsabater.com/checkout/purchase-history/ )

UPDATED: 4.9 version.

Here is a new vid of the update:

Whats new on 4.9?
    - Interaction system targeting redone, now you only interact with the object you are looking at, so from now you wont be able to interact with more than one object at once.
    - UMG included, now interaction buttons are shown trhought UMG widgets, on screen relative location, not on world location.
    - Materials (like logs or chunks) are now physics objects, you can interact with them and, when you leave them on the ground, they will simulate physics.
    - "Inventory" now only accepts one item at once***
    - A bug has been fixed.

*** The framework doesnt have a real inventory, but there is an array that keeps track of all items you are carrying, in 4.8 and previous versions I was leaving it like that because you may want to develop your game on that way, but now, Im limiting the inventory max items in just 1 item at once. It´s EASY to remove this limitation.

New version will be available for download soon, and of course, if you´ve pucharsed an older version, you can download the new one on the release moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_7.png
Views:	1
Size:	500.1 KB
ID:	1154755

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Size:	688.1 KB
ID:	1154756

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1154757

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Size:	621.0 KB
ID:	1154758

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Size:	859.5 KB
ID:	1154759

Functionality screenshots:

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1154818

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	1154819

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1154820

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1154821

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1154822

Key Features:
    - Build any kind of estructure
    - Any ammont and type of materials
    - Easy to extend with more estructures and materials
    - Carriable objects
    - Unique interaction system

Next features: (discontinuated for now)
    - Online system (currently more or less finished, needs to be polised)
    Last edited by Nesjett; 11-04-2015, 07:12 PM.
    [MARKETPLACE] The forest like gameplay system | building/crafting game
    Dark Souls 2 fighting system style
    Drivable Space Ship
    Run Knight Run | 48h game made
    Unreal Travel | 48h game made

That looks great, good job!

Comment

wow that's really good work, is it a modular like system so its easy to expand on to different structures for example?

Comment

Yes, you only need to add new components and add a tag to them with the name of the material you want, quick and easy!

PD: Even you can add a component mesh to accept different kinds of material (adding more than one tag to the component)
        Last edited by Nesjett; 10-25-2014, 07:39 AM.
        Drivable Space Ship

Comment

great stuff Nesjett =)
          My projects : Jurassic-life MESA Unreal Engine 4 Developers France Steam Group Unreal Engine 4 French tutorials

Comment

Thank you all, I would like to finish atleast the building system at 100% cause this is a project for fun, nothink serius at all
            Drivable Space Ship

Comment

hi
              I really like it,when are you planning to release the finisht version?
              I really hope you will relase it as soon as possible because I really like it

Comment

That looks great! very nice job, I really would like to have a look at this project . I think I could learn a lot from it.
                pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Very interesting, good job

Comment

I would love to take a look at this, even if its not cleaned up and commented. I am just curious how you accomplished this via blueprints. I've experimented with a crafting mechanic myself but I couldn't think of a way to handle the ingredients to recipe functionality in blueprints.
                    Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Thanks for your support guys

Well the system has comments and its clean right now, but I had uploaded a previous version of the work some days ago so I can share it with you here.

Its very important you to upgrade this files to 4.5 (currently on 4.4) if you dont do so you will have this project bugged cause the UE4 had an important bug with BPs and circular dependencies (castings), which is solved in 4.5

DOWNLOAD V0.0.1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8V...ew?usp=sharing (video version, just for orientation, it has bugs which are solved on newer versions)

Arixsus:
                      Currelty in BP you can do almost anythink you could do on c++, atleast I have not found any limitation till the moment (and I made tons of blueprints)
                      Drivable Space Ship

Comment

Looks great! However you signature is huge; Any chance you can flatten it down a bit so it's easier on the eyes to scroll through the forums? :>
                        KITATUS
                        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

hi everyone
                          when I try to launch it this what it says 'the name of the .uproject file ('survivaltest') must match the gamename key the (url) section of cinfig/defaultgame.ini. please either change the ini or rename the .uproject to match each other' what am I suppose to do when this comes up?

Comment

Thanks KitatusStudios

About the signature, It was bigger some days ago hehe
                            Drivable Space Ship

Comment

Nesjett you are a BP beast! Please release this, give us the knowledge!!

Comment

Working...
                              X