Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
    Nice update man! Btw...are you usng sss on that grass?^^
    Nah, the grass is just using ground aligned vertex normals and some light glossiness for that sun glow.
    Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Originally posted by eedobaba View Post
      Nah, the grass is just using ground aligned vertex normals and some light glossiness for that sun glow.
      What do you mean by that?^^ Can you show a screen of the mesh with normals visible? ^_^
      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Wow looks beautiful. Can share some light on your scene post process?

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
          What do you mean by that?^^ Can you show a screen of the mesh with normals visible? ^_^

Just did the vertex normals facing straight up. As far as I know this is pretty standard for grass in games.

Originally posted by Sgt.Wulf View Post
          Wow looks beautiful. Can share some light on your scene post process?
          Using a whole lot of color grading to get the look I want, but really nothing is out of the ordinary in terms of post settings. My vignette color is an extremely dark purple as well, which I think adds a bit to the feel of the images.

Anyway, I spent the last few days making this VW beetle for the scene. Some images:

Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

The shadow artifacts on the beetle can probably be fixed by adjusting the shadow bias. Loving this scene by the way!
            Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

This scene gets better and better!

I had the same problem with a texture, for me it was a problem with a normal map. The color flow was not smooth enough.

Again, awesome scene!

Comment

Real quick, a new image from this scene. Work being done on small props mainly now. Building some story into the space.

Love the colors, is this 100% from UE?

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                  Love the colors, is this 100% from UE?
                  Yup, these are just the raw shots out of the high res screenshot tool.

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
                  The shadow artifacts on the beetle can probably be fixed by adjusting the shadow bias. Loving this scene by the way!
                  Thanks, that worked! I've been scratching my head at how to get fix that issue, and I must have missed that setting last time I did a pass on my sun light.
                  Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Wooaow...
                    I'm speechless......
                    4 thumbs up Man!
                    WIP Action Game -The Admin-

Comment

Just did the vertex normals facing straight up. As far as I know this is pretty standard for grass in games.
                      Haha...yeah thats how I make them as well^^ I was just a bit confused when you said ground aligned...wasnt sure which direction because you can also have them facing away perpenticular to the surface, but then you probably want to use two planes which is not nice to handle. So yeah...thats why I asked Thanks for clarifying and very nice updates man...love the beetle!

Cheers
                      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Working on a simple project in UE4 to render quick HDR beauty shots of models kind of like Marmoset. Testing that system out, here are some images of the beetle I made for this scene:

Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Is that supposed to be rusty or just dirty/dusty?

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                            Is that supposed to be rusty or just dirty/dusty?
                            Lots of dirt/mud near the ground, but there's some light rust patches here and there too.
                            Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Calling this project done and created a thread for it in the released projects forum.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...153#post175153
                              Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Working...
                              X