Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eedobaba View Post
    All the foliage is custom made.

I'm using lightmass for my ambient lighting and using a dynamic light for the sun. I actually thought the distance field shadows would be great for this scene, but when I tried it out I couldn't get any actors spawned by the foliage tool to cast shadows. Here's guessing there's still some kinks to work out of that feature.
    Ah cool! Yeah regarding DFAO and shadows....try the following (with this I was able to get foliage to cast shadows): place a tree and a grass patch in an empty level and open both meshes in the mesh viewer. Then go to the meshes build settings and increase distance field resolution to something between 3 and 5 and hit apply. It should recalculate them and fine meshes like leaves and grass should then get enough resolution to actually have an effect.

Let me know if this helps!
    Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Beautiful
      Nick Penwarden, Lead Programmer @ Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Gribbin View Post
        How long did it take you to create this scene so far? I will be sure to keep an eye on thread for any updates. Keep up the great work!
        Started the concept stage six weeks ago. Production started about four weeks ago.
        Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Man, this is awesome! It reminds me of the game Dear Esther...
          Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
          Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Amazing!
            Lead Engineer at Wargaming | Ex-CCP (EVE Valkyrie / Sparc) | @SiggiGG
            Check out my procedural mesh examples

Comment

It looks like you take the assets from Ethan Carter, the rocks and trees looks exactly like in the Game, also the grass.
              If not, great job so far

Comment

My jaw dropped once I saw these, stunning!
                Twitter
                Steam

Comment

first congratulations on your work and congratulations on your portfolio, I am creating a scene with references of their work.
                  Wanted more details about the "Lighthouse Shore - Environment Art" as the texture were made, setup lighting, Sky box, as did the water?
                  excuse my English

Comment

Real quick, a new image from this scene. Work being done on small props mainly now. Building some story into the space.

Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

New set of images. Posted these on polycount, but forgot to post them here as well.

Ultra Dynamic Sky

Comment

Sir, hats off for you! You have surpassed even AAA devs. You even use all 3D softwares that even AAA devs don't use. The first company that will get you will be the smartest one.

Comment

Easily among the very best UE4 (or any other engine) graphics I've seen.

Originally posted by eedobaba View Post
                          ... Building some story into the space.
                          Is there any chance you'll release playable versions of this environment? I would pay to walk around in there

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                          The first company that will get you will be the smartest one.
                          Agreed, best of luck! Epic themselves should put you on the payroll just to show off what the engine can do...

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

Nice update man! Btw...are you usng sss on that grass?^^
                            Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

great job
                              || DigitalTRX | C4DGames ||

Comment

OMG! Awesome work!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X