Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    The specular highlights are the only part that really give it away, making it look kind of plastic. When you look at the closer waves, they lose the detail. It might be good to break those up with some tighter normals closer to the camera, fading them out as they get further away.
    Thanks And you're right, I've not added so-called "microbump" yet. It will be done

Btw I've just saw the hotfix of scenecapture actors post-processing on github, it sounds promising for depth-related side..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ ufna - I see, thank you for the 2 screenshots too!
    @TheJamsh - I have been called a wizard by someone else This wouldn't happen to be the same person would it lol... There is no wizard here.. Just a learning artist

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
    The SSS looks great. Is it based on the light vector? It seems like one side of the wave is hardly effected?
    Because LightVector node is deprecated now, I use externally-driven light vector (which should be definined by LightSource bluepring in ideal case ). The rude parameter values are applied at last screens to show the scattering, so it can look like the one side of the wave is hardly effected, but it's not Camera position and angle, surface normals and light vector are used to define the SSS value. F.e.: http://gyazo.com/aceb456b047b4ad23bc1fa925098b44b and topdown view at the same XY position: http://gyazo.com/0db634076c9f51171e1c823f3cd903e8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work chap!

The specular highlights are the only part that really give it away, making it look kind of plastic. When you look at the closer waves, they lose the detail. It might be good to break those up with some tighter normals closer to the camera, fading them out as they get further away.

The SSS you have going on is magical though, nailed the colours!

EDIT: Also to JBaldwin above ^ You sir are a wizard and I eagerly await a UE4 DVD from you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic Work!
    The SSS looks great. Is it based on the light vector? It seems like one side of the wave is hardly effected?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, Jacky

Few shots of subsurface scattering tests. By the way, this version is based on my old Gerstner waves approach. I've implemented it just for tests, because I prefer the variant you can see above.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome job ufna!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ufna View Post
    Sure. Next week I think.
    I am interested as well. I would be very grateful if you show how this is done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by order66 View Post
    Do you might wanna share some details how you achieved that look?
    Sure. Next week I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's why I love UE

Looks really good!

Do you might wanna share some details how you achieved that look?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's why I love UE

Last edited by ufna; 04-10-2014, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ty ufna, ill read that then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Psychia View Post
    Ufna, is there any good references to making the "water" more random and wavy?
    Real waves will be there with FFT based on Phillips spectrum (check Tessendorf's paperwork).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wish you have time for your own projects I liked zBioBlow.
    *teary eyes*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ufna, is there any good references to making the "water" more random and wavy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X