Alice in Tokyo Wonderland - Blueprint Only Action Hack n' Slash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice in Tokyo Wonderland - Blueprint Only Action Hack n' Slash

(Updated version of the project at post #86 - https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post462025 .... otherwise scroll on to see it from it's old days into what it is now)

Happy to show off what we've been working on....I'll be brief with this post but I'll be updating frequently....

Vote for us on Steam...We all Know how important getting on Steam is.....
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=317245256

I'll be doing a Dev diary every two weeks or so going into the logic behind the Blueprints. I know there's quite a few questions on 3rd person Hack n' slashes I've seen on the forums so I'll help best I can. I'm No Pro. But I'll let you know how I went about it.

Last edited by President; 06-23-2017, 01:37 PM.

Our Twitter is just plain Sad. Help us out with Retweets and Follows
    UE4 WIP Thread

Howdy President,

Great work on your project so far! I am really liking the different take on Alice in Wonderland. Keep up the fantastic work and i will be sure to stop by when you post an update. Have a great day!

Comment

The sword materials are using too much emissive colors , it looks like a groovy weapon or some sword from a Disney game. Is the game arenas based or will it be some real levels with platforming also ?
      I like the fast gameplay, it seems fun to play.

Comment

Swords need to be bigger. Just kidding.

Keep it up.
        Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Galeon - it'll have real levels...it's just looks like an arena fighter to test out the gameplay...

Speaking of which...here's a Gameplay video...I'll go into some Blueprint stuff next Video....

Vote for us on Steam...We all Know how important getting on Steam is.....
          http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=317245256

if you've any questions or would like to see something in particular let me know....thanks...
          Last edited by President; 08-10-2016, 02:40 PM.

UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

This looks great! I subscribed to the thread:-)

Comment

Looks quite nice.
              Image Removed: Too Large

Comment

Venged, SkacikPL....Thanks....
                and thanks for showing the game on the Twitch stream today...super cool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	583.2 KB
ID:	1057652
                close up of the Kendo guy....used him to practice on how to use the Quixel Suite...

UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Animation is pretty badass. Ninja Gaiden in short skirt.
                  Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
                    Animation is pretty badass. Ninja Gaiden in short skirt.
                    They're quickie animations for now...I'll be reworking all of them. Thanks...it only will get better from here....

I'll have a video showing off how I made the big sword attacks/collision, root motion stuff this week....for those curious...

UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Hi, the game look wonderful keep going!!, I did vote on Greenlight!

Comment

Keep it going!

Comment

Originally posted by erWilly View Post
                          Hi, the game look wonderful keep going!!, I did vote on Greenlight!
                          Awesome...Looks like we'll need it...the Game has slowed down to a crawl on Steam....Grand Reopening once I build a larger audience I guess....

Originally posted by reok View Post
                          Keep it going!
                          Ha, not a chance I'd stop....Thanks...heading to bed now but once I wake I'll record then post the 1st making of Video......

UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Hi,

have you tried Baynetta 2. I think it can be your inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
                              have you tried Baynetta 2. I think it can be your inspiration.
                              I have not made it to Bayonetta 2 yet...I'm currently (slowly) getting through Batman Arkssassin Creed...errr Shadow Of Mordor...

Here's the first melee fighter tut...
                              I've have the next super soon.....

Summary is just use a Combo Float/Int to hold your combo # and increase it whenever you see fit....Switch on Int handles the rest by going to whichever Animations you've set up.

I don't use the sections in Anim Montage like I'm likely supposed to but once again this is just works for me.
                              Last edited by President; 08-10-2016, 02:39 PM.

UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X