Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Landscape/Enviroment wip (heavenly inspired by The Witcher 3 demo videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    An other screen with more variation and a bit photoshop

Click image for larger version

Name:	wc3_env_2016_stylized_2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	649.4 KB
ID:	1114091

Name:	stylized_plants_01.JPG
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1114092

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Higuy8000 View Post
    Still looking very nice!
    Thank you!

I have to say... with such an large enviroment i cant stay focused on making assets. Today i painted mostly stylized stuff and had to try some of it in this enviroment. I really like stylized stuff but i like realistic too... cant decide wich way to go

Name:	wc3_env_2016_stylized_01.jpg
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	1114088

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still looking very nice!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Long time... sometimes things happen in life we can't plan. I ported the map to 4.12 and made some changes to the grass but nothing more. I still want to work on the map but time is my enemy. Sorry...

Name:	wc3_env_2016.JPG
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	1113722

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic work! I'd love an update on this project with details of the material and lighting setup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome! Subscribed!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing work!

Would you be so kind to share your material graph with us beginners?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont read a single Word. i just fast scrolled down as always. What happend? It was awesome. You can litaraly SEE the progress growing on the pictures. Amazin work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the look of this. The work is inspiring and gets me reared up and wanting to do some world creation myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking good to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all,

took a long break to wait for 4.8. After seeing the kite demo i'm not longer satisfied with my old progress

Finally 4.8 released and i'm back on track again. Its time to dig all the new features.

Opened my old project in 4.8 but i think i have to redo most of it in order to get the new features in.

Name:	w3e_17.JPG
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	1079689

Name:	w3e_18.JPG
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	1079690

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AllenGingrich View Post
    Looks great! Was any of this landscape texture painted, or is it all based on heightmaps? Also, how did you create that little path in the last screen? Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Hey, thanks!

No, its painted but different detail layers depends on height and slope. I use a big texture too, for tinting grass an get some color variation in the detail textures. That path is realy simple, i made a plane with enough resolution (in 3d app), put a tiling texture on it and use it as landscape spline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by maik2m View Post
    Thank you very much . Some minutes ago i tryed a simple spline mesh for landscape. Like it.
    Think this will be the last screen for the next weeks. Want to do a good amount of assets first. But its awesome what a amateur like me can do with UE4!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15320[/ATTACH]

Edit: forgot to show a screen from first person view

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15322[/ATTACH]
    Looks great! Was any of this landscape texture painted, or is it all based on heightmaps? Also, how did you create that little path in the last screen? Thanks and keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for your links

I got lightmass disabled now and fixed my lighting issues - thanks for that! don't think I need to worry about DFAO either right now

Next job, I want to get displacement working on the rock layer :¬)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dreampunchboy View Post
    Great work, really looking AAA. Are you using speedtree at all?
    Thank you, no... there is no speedtree involved the trees are assets from the 3dmotive tutorial and the grass is a "never-ending back and forth"... now its a mix with different technics... mix betwen fully polygonal blades for near and one sided for far distances. I saw a document about real time grass and tryed some parts from it http://www.kevinboulanger.net/grass.html a great document!

Originally posted by Dom Wright View Post
    Hi, looks good, and I'm attempting something similar so I was wondering if you had any advice for setting up lighting in a large terrain?

I currently have a landscape at 4033 or whatever the maximum is, and with the default lighting setup the lighting takes a long time to build, so I wanted to use dynamic lighting but I couldn't find any way of disabling the lightmapping, so I was left with black splodges all over the landscape :¬(

What is LPV + DFAO ?? How do you set it up?

cheers
    Hey... i tryed lightmass on 4k too but had a lot crashes. Since then i'm on dynamic gi and i love it so far. I think you should follow this link to set your lightning up https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Light_...ion_Volumes_GI

And DFAO is distance field ambient occlusion https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ion/index.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X