• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [GAME] Allison Road - Survival Horror

Allison Road - Survival Horror

------------------

Hi there,

I recently started working on my first game project, working title 'Allison Road'.
    Actually my background is film/vfx, however, I love games ever since I can remember really.
    I always wondered what it would take to make one, so finally I decided the best way to find out is to just try it myself x)
    I love survival horror games, hence Allison Road will definitely have a heavy focus on horror.

I built major chunks of my first level in modo over the last few weeks and just started getting that stuff into UE4 bit by bit.
    Steep learning curve I have to say; The workflow is very different compared to films. :O

Anyways..
    Talk soon

Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	1145572

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	1145573
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HSbF6; 06-17-2015, 09:06 PM.

• replied
    I heard this game is taking a new path... maybe a new road? nope an Allison Path
    But seriously, its great to hear production is back on! Good luck to your team; this project has inspired mine and so many others...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey HSbF6, i´ve heard you are back on track
    Can you please update us with info about your great game? Is it becoming a reality?
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because most of them are building on the hype of PT as apposed original games that happen to add some new gameplay mechanics from PT. Especially since the Game Visuals need to be quite high to match the PT quality (Which was a custom engine that optimizes the visuals) whereas UE4 will require A LOT of work to get the same visuals while being completely playable on decent hardware. On top of the fact that this project went from PT inspired to overly ambitious. Should of been a short 1-2 hour game sold for a small amount. Sorta like a prologue. Then at least they would of been able to release something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems like there is a curse for these type games

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chris, if this project is canceled it would be such a huge loss! I really hope that it will be finished and that you can reap the rewards for all your hard work! I`m sorry if the project didn't go as planned under the leader ship of TEAM 17 or for what ever reason it "stopped", but here is a link to the sad news for anyone that would like to know more: http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/5/1186...-t-is-canceled

Looking forward to your final statement and hope its good news! Best of luck to you Chris!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Winterstone View Post
    Is this project dead?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1380094

They have a publisher now and are keeping everything hush, hush....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this project dead?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used to love Team17, then they started milking Worms, Worms 2, Worms Yeah, Worms Again, Oh no! More Worms.... I hope there aren't too many worms in your game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well. I hate this theme XD
    But the graphics are outstanding. Wish to see more about how you guys sculpt the envi and creas!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congratulations on the whole Team17 thing!! Looking forward to playing this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well done with getting a publisher exciting news

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just curious about the setting. It seems like the main character is going to be part of the story given that he has a voice in your prototype footage. The setting appears to be in the UK with the Met Police letter and the UK-style power sockets, but the character's accent is American, is this relevant to the story or just due to the voice actor providing the dialogue for the prototype?

Beautiful environments by the way, and I like the way you build the tension up. Do you intend for this to be like Silent Hill or Amnesia with actual enemies that must be fought/avoided (I noticed you could choose to equip the meat cleaver, but wasn't sure if this was for combat or puzzle-solving), or more puzzle-based/exploratory with chills aplenty?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kinda gutted bout the kickstarter, but great news about the deal with Team 17. You still planning to do the ebook? Was looking forward to get an insight to your workflow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to go out on a limb here and be a critically negative source of feedback as I feel its something that needs to be related to you.

I like the whole idea behind the game but personally, what made P.T. so great to me was the big sense of mystery, false sense of familiarity, anticipation, and the cloaking/slow-introduction of Lisa. I can only hope this game has a ton going for it since the monsters/ghosts are being showed all for us to see. I feel as if there is a smaller incentive now to play the game because I know exactly (or have a wider idea than I feel I should) about the monsters/ghosts I will be facing. That is why I don't think pulling the rabbit out of the hat on enemy design was a good idea; I don't feel it works in favor of any horror developer. Mystery and surrealism is best found in a horror game and all these screenshots of the creatures, whether entirely place-holder or not sort of ruins that before going into it. I'm not saying we don't need to have some screenshots but things are best left to the imagination because that is where the deepest fears truly breed from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X