Allison Road - Survival Horror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Excellent work- love the tone and look, really shows that you have put a lot of time and effort into each model. One thing that I have noticed consistently through watching the prototype gameplay multiple times and in the screenshots is that the lampshade shadow that is casting in the hall looks really out of place and strange in context to the nice clean lighting everywhere else- just in terms of cosmetics I would not render the shadow for the lampshade. It's a very small thing but I feel it slightly takes away from the realism and immersion- all just my opinion- just wanted to offer my constructive criticism. Mabye I'm crazy and no one else sees it, but it's the only thing that I can flaw in the very impressive demo!
    I did notice it also ! But I think it's a good thing, because in real life you will have the exact same "strange shadows" on your wall with a light like this, and leaving this light like this contributes in term of realism, but also in terms of the mood of the game. I am pretty sure everyone already experienced that weird moment when you are laying on your bed, then realize that THIS SHADOW over there in the other piece, looking really strange, makes you wonder questions, " OMG what the **** is that ? is that a ghost ? A monster disguised into a shadow ? "

Of course this is out of context, but having strange shadows that you don't necessarely understand could really help diving into this strange house with weird things happening...

Just my 2 cent

Comment

Originally posted by Craze View Post
      I did notice it also ! But I think it's a good thing, because in real life you will have the exact same "strange shadows" on your wall with a light like this, and leaving this light like this contributes in term of realism, but also in terms of the mood of the game. I am pretty sure everyone already experienced that weird moment when you are laying on your bed, then realize that THIS SHADOW over there in the other piece, looking really strange, makes you wonder questions, " OMG what the **** is that ? is that a ghost ? A monster disguised into a shadow ? "

Of course this is out of context, but having strange shadows that you don't necessarely understand could really help diving into this strange house with weird things happening...

Just my 2 cent
      Oh I definitely agree- creepy shadows could be a great way to slowly creep out the player as the house changes, but I just felt that even with that in mind it just pops out as looking like a game, where everything else looks like a photo if you were to glance at it. Like I said it's a super minor thing that is just personal preference! I have found while building levels that I sometimes fake the actual position of the light ( it might not actually sit in the lightblub mesh) as it gives a better looking shadow, so it's all subjective I think!
      ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

hey guys
        cheers!
        and yeah, I agree. I'm not really happy with the shadow in the hallway either;
        It's a dynamic light and dynamic shadows just don't look all that great. I'll have another play with it in the future, let's see what I can do
        Unreal Forum Thread
        Allison Road on Twitter
        Allison Road Facebook page

Comment

Congratulations guys, your work is amazing.

Comment

thank u!
            Unreal Forum Thread
            Allison Road on Twitter

Comment

Just watched the gameplay video. You have absolutely nailed it, very impressive. When are you hoping to release, cause I'm sold!

Comment

hi all

we've been fairly quiet recently, because we've been working suuuper hard to get a cool kickstarter campaign off the ground. so much work x_x !!!

please do check it out and if you'd like to support our indie efforts grab a copy of the game (like not literally.. you'll still have to wait quite a while for that ) and share!!
                thank you so much!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rvival-horror/
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Allison_Road_Magga_Kickstarter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	749.1 KB
ID:	1088047
                Unreal Forum Thread
                Allison Road on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the in depth look at your work, I love the development process of making a game more than I do playing them. Good luck with the Kickstarter!
                  Check out the horror themed adventure game RELAPSE

Comment

Hey! I've been following your project since the first time you posted on the forums. I am absolutely impressed with how far you guys have come! Everyone is doing a great job. You can expect a pledge from me as soon as I get home tonight! Keep up the good work!!

Comment

hey thank you guys!! really nice of you.
                      I really wish I could share more work, but I had people complaining that it's spoiling too much of the game lol.
                      having said that.. IF that kickstarter didnt work out for whatever reason, I can start sharing more progress again hahah
                      Unreal Forum Thread
                      Allison Road on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
                        hey thank you guys!! really nice of you.
                        I really wish I could share more work, but I had people complaining that it's spoiling too much of the game lol.
                        having said that.. IF that kickstarter didnt work out for whatever reason, I can start sharing more progress again hahah
                        Totally understandable, I'm feeling bad for only sharing exterior shots of my game over and over, but if you share too much there won't be anything fun to discover in gameplay. I hope you've included some developer commentary as a stretch goal though.

Comment

Just backed the hell out of this game!

Comment

thank you guys!
                            and yes, actually there is this thing 'making of Allison Road' E-book, where I wan to explain the development process, technical tips & tricks and stuff
                            for those who are interested. I have to say I miss the exchange with the dev community!
                            Unreal Forum Thread
                            Allison Road on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HSbF6 View Post
                              thank you guys!
                              and yes, actually there is this thing 'making of Allison Road' E-book, where I wan to explain the development process, technical tips & tricks and stuff
                              for those who are interested. I have to say I miss the exchange with the dev community!
                              That sounds like a great idea, keep us updated

Comment

Congrats on everything so far man. Checked out the Kickstarter last night and you guys seem to be going pretty well! I hope you can make your goal and then some. Keep up the awesome work.
                                Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                                Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                                FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                                Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                                Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                                LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Working...
                                X