Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StopItRonStop! View Post
    hey is this dead now? it looked really good so far? I was liking where it was going...
    It's on indefinite hold. I may pick it up later, but I'm working in another project, that I need to keep under wraps for a while longer. I'm still here to answer questions, but I'm not working on ahr. It's been like this for a while. dragonCASTjosh was working on it, but we haven't talked in a while, don't know if he kept it up.

Comment

Well, some big and final news here.
      I got a totally unexpected offer from an archviz company to finish AHR for them, commercially, and I took it. I wasn't expecting to work again on AHR, but well, life happens
      That means that I won't be updating my AHR repo again.

I hope to be able to post some screens eventually, but it probably won't be on this post.

It's truly been a ride. It seems like I've been here forever, that first post seems so far away. Thanks to everyone that took interest on this over the years.
      Until the next one people.

Ryan over and out.

Comment

So do we get access to it when you're done? Or are they going to sell it? I can't wait to see what you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Themanwithideas View Post
          So do we get access to it when you're done? Or are they going to sell it? I can't wait to see what you do!
          I'm sorry, but no. I'll be developing it exclusively for them to use on a commercial software they are developing.
          I hope you people understand.

Comment

Okay yeah I get it. Just remember I want to see some screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Themanwithideas View Post
              Okay yeah I get it. Just remember I want to see some screens.
              Oh, that I sure will

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                Well, some big and final news here.
                I got a totally unexpected offer from an archviz company to finish AHR for them, commercially, and I took it. I wasn't expecting to work again on AHR, but well, life happens
                That means that I won't be updating my AHR repo again.

I hope to be able to post some screens eventually, but it probably won't be on this post.

It's truly been a ride. It seems like I've been here forever, that first post seems so far away. Thanks to everyone that took interest on this over the years.
                Until the next one people.

Ryan over and out.
                Will we be able to create a fork of the current, public AHR solution?
                Or a pull request to integrate it into the base engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatl0ckr View Post
                  Will we be able to create a fork of the current, public AHR solution?
                  Or a pull request to integrate it into the base engine?
                  Forking the public repo should be ok, but it won't go into the main engine code.
                  Besides, it never was quite ready for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                    Forking the public repo should be ok, but it won't go into the main engine code.
                    Besides, it never was quite ready for that.
                    Hey, [MENTION=9166]RyanTorant[/MENTION] can someone still take your code and improve it. Been following this thread since it had maybe 20 replies, I'm glad you found use for AHR
                    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                      Hey, [MENTION=9166]RyanTorant[/MENTION] can someone still take your code and improve it. Been following this thread since it had maybe 20 replies, I'm glad you found use for AHR
                      Hey blue man, sorry for the delay. The old repo it's gonna stay there so I guess that's ok. Don't think anyone will pick it up though, it's kinda of a mess, but you never know . Anyway, yeah, if someone does pick it up, he/she should just send me an email to let me know. Will update the repo to explain that.

Comment

somebody can give solution for dynamic light (good look indoor and outdoor) from the box?
                        Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

Originally posted by 6r0m View Post
                          somebody can give solution for dynamic light (good look indoor and outdoor) from the box?
                          I had a lot of hope in this solution too... but from what I've tried LPV are the way to go if you want fully dynamic GI but they tend to crash in packaged game and it doesn't work with opengl/metal/vulkan (only gnm and dx11). https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...mes/index.html .
                          I hope Epic will not stay on lightmass stuff, this semi static solution this is very slow in term of production (the building take too much time and have too much failure cases) and bring to much limitation in term of interactivity IMO. =/

Comment

Thats something i don't understand, UE4 is really a great engine but it seems that it is almost the last engine on this planet without fully dynamic lighting, thats really sad.
                            www.guideadda.com

Comment

Originally posted by prateekstp View Post
                              Thats something i don't understand, UE4 is really a great engine but it seems that it is almost the last engine on this planet without fully dynamic lighting, thats really sad.
                              www.guideadda.com
                              4.23 has real time GI now: SSGI. It's still an experimental feature though (performance hog, noisy) but it should be fully ready in 4.24 if I'm not mistaken. Try it, it's pretty good! It's main drawback is that light propagation disappears when the camera isn't framing the area (same thing with SSAO. Because well, it's called Screen Space for a reason hehe). In most cases it's not a deal breaker, but let's say that you're facing an emissive object and you rotate the camera to see the light propagate on your character's SSS skin, well expect to be disappointed because it won't happen. Since you're not facing the emissive object the light propagation will disappear.

Still, SSGI is a thousand times better than nothing, and looks great on outdoors. I'll still use it along the light probes plugin, it's a great combo. No need for baking scenes anymore, yay!
                              Last edited by SilentAndAsleep; 09-14-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentAndAsleep View Post

4.23 has real time GI now: SSGI. It's still an experimental feature though (performance hog, noisy) but it should be fully ready in 4.24 if I'm not mistaken. Try it, it's pretty good! It's main drawback is that light propagation disappears when the camera isn't framing the area (same thing with SSAO. Because well, it's called Screen Space for a reason hehe). In most cases it's not a deal breaker, but let's say that you're facing an emissive object and you rotate the camera to see the light propagate on your character's SSS skin, well expect to be disappointed because it won't happen. Since you're not facing the emissive object the light propagation will disappear.

Still, SSGI is a thousand times better than nothing, and looks great on outdoors. I'll still use it along the light probes plugin, it's a great combo. No need for baking scenes anymore, yay!
                                I will try it. Can't say anything without giving a try first and Prateekstp, don't be sad about it.
                                www.top10gagdets.shop

Comment

Working...
                                X