No announcement yet.

Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about the delay, was having problems connecting. Will look into the blueprints example after I finish a report I have to write. **** latex, it looks great but takes a while to write D:
    EDIT[offtopic]: Think they have to relax a bit the profanity filter, come on, d4mn is not that bad
    Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-25-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
      **** latex, it looks great but takes a while to write D:
      Amen to that. I'll be doing the same **** for the thesis next week.
      I feel ya brotha'
      ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Some screens of the test scene so you people can compare. Playing with the blueprints demo right now, will maybe upload a video explaining how to set it up when I have it, well, set up.

EDIT: One more
        Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-25-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Ok these are nothing like the ones I get. Even the Example Level. It is obvious something is wrong with what I have. Can you share these setting Ryan.

- You Post Process Volumes sizes. Both of them.
          - Type and settings of the light you are using.
          - A list of main settings you ar adjusting in volumes and the values you advise as "default"
          ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
            Checked it

- No Sky Light
            - No baked lighting (moved things around, netiher shadows nor secondaries are baked)
            - Directional light is on "Moving"

Why don't you also try Blueprints level if you have it ? It can be a good comparison between each other.
            I'm away from my computer for a while because of school. I'm stuck writing out pseudo code for my next UE4 session and lurking the forums until I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
              Ok these are nothing like the ones I get. Even the Example Level. It is obvious something is wrong with what I have. Can you share these setting Ryan.

- You Post Process Volumes sizes. Both of them.
              - Type and settings of the light you are using.
              - A list of main settings you ar adjusting in volumes and the values you advise as "default"
              Actually that scene is the same I upload, it should look exactly like that.
              Think the blueprint scene is broken for some reason, looking into it, will tell you when I have that sorted out.
              For the settings I recommend 3 for the initial displacement, and not much else really, try to make the bounds a tight as possible and go with a Voxel size of about 20 for starters, tweak that later. Look into the test scene, that should aid. And check it looks like on the pics, if not something is broken

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                Actually that scene is the same I upload, it should look exactly like that.
                Think the blueprint scene is broken for some reason, looking into it, will tell you when I have that sorted out.
                For the settings I recommend 3 for the initial displacement, and not much else really, try to make the bounds a tight as possible and go with a Voxel size of about 20 for starters, tweak that later. Look into the test scene, that should aid. And check it looks like on the pics, if not something is broken
                Hey Ryan, I guess you missed my earlier post, but is this still going to be available after you complete it? And only a directional light effects the GI right now, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SammVarnish View Post
                  Hey Ryan, I guess you missed my earlier post, but is this still going to be available after you complete it? And only a directional light effects the GI right now, right?
                  For now don't worry about "when I complete it", cause I don't really know when that would be ;D
                  About the second thing, you can use up to 5 lights, directional or spot. No point lights.

Comment

Found out what the problem was with the blueprint scene. It had objects that were transparent on some part, and when rendering the shadows I'm not taking into account transparency. The fix is not hard to do, but as I was just rendering depth, i now need to add a pixel shader to check for transparency and discard transparent pixels. Also the godrays where being voxelized, that caused issues. The opacity switch on the voxel stage was easy to do, and culled away the godrays from the voxel volume, that only caused problems, so now need to do the same for the shadows.

Comment

Hey btw, had an idea about reflections that I had to try out. They are still broken, need to fix that, but played with (totally experimental) multiple bounces. 5 bounces here (only the reflection buffer is shown, so it can be strange to see black stuff with reflections. Imagine this as the "Reflection" mode of UE4. something like that):

It's quite experimental and buggy, and really limited on the surfaces angle, but thought it was something cool that you guys would like to see

Comment

I found a bug. when I toggle use dynamic indirect lighting(or something like that) in the light properties engine stops working.
                        And in the log I got a lot of warnings.
                        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

@RyanTorant
                          That's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                            I found a bug. when I toggle use dynamic indirect lighting(or something like that) in the light properties engine stops working.
                            And in the log I got a lot of warnings.
                            Ok, I don't get that bug, it works fine on my end, so, could you please do that again, and after it crashes open notepad and paste. When the engine crashes it copies to the clipboard the call stack. If you can also copy the log, that would help too.
                            Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-26-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Ryan. What version of the engine is your solution currently working in? (Sorry if i missed the info). Its looking awesome by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Bariudol View Post
                                Hi Ryan. What version of the engine is your solution currently working in? (Sorry if i missed the info). Its looking awesome by the way!
                                Latest release, 4.8.3

Comment

Working...
                                X