No announcement yet.

Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! Up and running now. It's on github.
    Play around with it, tweak the settings and stuff. For comparison, i get about 70 fps with my gtx 970. The initial displacement changed (again), now is in voxels, so something like 2 or 3 is enough and the samples displacement doesn't do anything now (it's legacy, stopped using it when I moved to the exact voxel intersection sampling. Might add an option to skip voxels later). I have a terrain in place, but for now terrains doesn't affect GI.
    If you have any question feel free to ask, but play with the scene, should help get the hang of the settings.
    There's also a small cornell box inside the scene.

Comment

That sounds great

Comment

How do I donwload only your scene folder ? All 821 MB is a bit too big
        ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
          How do I donwload only your scene folder ? All 821 MB is a bit too big
          Don't think so, at least not from github. If you have git set up on your pc and you cloned the repo you should run "git pull origin release" from the command line. Think that running Sync inside Visual Studio's Team Explorer could work too.
          The test scene is like 650 mb though. I'm now thinking that for the ones that update the code downloading the entire zip, this makes the zip size too big. Hadn't thought about that before. For now, it's on github, and while I know it can be difficult to set up git, i really recommend doing so, to prevent having to download the entire repo every time I make a small change. Will start uploading it to mega, and when it's finished I'll delete it from git.
          Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-23-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Ok, so here's the file uploaded to mega : https://mega.nz/#F!58Qw3T7R!xGApDeqSp1FWP7Wfh2aLPQ
            Will delete it from git later
            EDIT: Deleted it from git, use the mega link
            Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-23-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
              Ok, so here's the file uploaded to mega : https://mega.nz/#F!58Qw3T7R!xGApDeqSp1FWP7Wfh2aLPQ
              Will delete it from git later
              EDIT: Deleted it from git, use the mega link
              Hey Ryan been following you off and on while learning more about UE4. I have a few questions and some may be iterated upon in your huge thread already but I am very tired and I hope you understand. Is this going to be purchasable on the marketplace when you are more or less finished, or will it be free? It looks very good from your videos but I have not tried to integrate it with anything I am doing currently. So I wish to also ask how close do you think it is until it will rival something of cryengines GI? I hope you have a nice day, as I am now off to bed.

Comment

Tried out yourl evel. I had some flickering on materials and shadows but except from that ran on around 30 FPS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1084371

Also ran the Blueprint level with my custom character and materials. Moved everything around to make sure that what I see are dynamic shadows and not basked ones, confirmed it is AHR. Runs around 20 FPS. That is around 4 FPS lower than CryEngine on my same machine for reference.

Name:	Koli.JPG
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1084372

ALso I gotto tell. These shots I get with AHR.... just sweet. Got even a hand metal reflection

Name:	Loli.JPG
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	1084373

And this

Name:	pol.JPG
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	1084374

So as a final say: I don't know what is the deal with material/shadow flickering in Example Level but from my experence in real time GI I can summarise this.

If optimsed well further, supported by Epic and combined together with DFGI for terrain this system would be ready for "commercial purposes" (meaning production of games, films etc)

Cheers mate. Bloody good work
                Last edited by TAN_; 08-24-2015, 01:26 PM.
                ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Hmmm...any clue whats responsible for that green-ish tint in the GI?

Ideally the skylight would inject into the voxel volume and being shadowed by AHR. In that case it should actually have a bue-ish tint where the skylight fills....everything else should be local bouncelighting/direct lighting.
                  Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                  https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

I have a yellow value instead of blue one in Post Process volume. Also the grass int the ground may be cousing the greenish effect on tree hunk I suppose.

EDIT: Tried it, yes it is becaue I turned it yellowish.
                    ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

To me, the walls in the back look a little washed out.

Comment

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
                        To me, the walls in the back look a little washed out.
                        I agree, there should be ao at least, something is off. Plus the big white squares on the first screen shouldn't be there.
                        Will look it in more detail when I get home in about 5 - 6 hours

Comment

Ok then. So to help :

- I haven't made any changes to Blueprints level. One light (directional if I am not wrong) two Post Process volumes.
                          ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
                            Ok then. So to help :

- I haven't made any changes to Blueprints level. One light (directional if I am not wrong) two Post Process volumes.
                            Is there a sky light in the scene? With global illumination it shouldn't be needed... Or at least not as much. Check to see if there was any previously baked lighting if the directional light started off stationary, ahr could be applying more light on top of an already lit light map.

Comment

Checked it

- No Sky Light
                              - No baked lighting (moved things around, netiher shadows nor secondaries are baked)
                              - Directional light is on "Moving"

Why don't you also try Blueprints level if you have it ? It can be a good comparison between each other.
                              ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X