Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I didn'T mess up anywhere.

EDIT!!!: I messed this up but I don't know where

Ryan can you write a step by step instruction for setting up AHR in a scene please. Also add a couple recommendations if possible please.

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
    Well, will look into the texture stuff, but about the performance. I have a few ideas but you'll need to do some work. Prepare to get your hands dirty
    First, run profilegpu command and give me a screenshot of that, with the AHRVoxelization category expanded.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1084175

After that, go to your bounds volume (not the post pro one, the one that you used to set the voxel size) , take a screenshot of the settings, interested in the size of the volume and the voxel size, increase the voxel size to the double, and run profilegpu again.
    Before

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1084176

After:

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1084177

Also I have a feeling something is off, so bring the Ambient Intensity on the AHR settings down to zero, switch to Lighting Only, and take one or two screenshots. Also try increasing the initial displacement to 40 and take one or two screens again.

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1084178

Name:	5.JPG
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	1084179

Edit when I move the main light source in the scene shouldn't shadows also supposed to move ?
    Last edited by TAN_; 08-21-2015, 01:12 PM.
    ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
      Ryan can you write a step by step instruction for setting up AHR in a scene please. Also add a couple recommendations if possible please.
      Ok, something is definitely off. Yeah, that will probably be better. Will upload to git a simple test scene already set up for AHR, and also explain what the settings are.

Comment

Ok, something is definitely off. Yeah, that will probably be better. Will upload to git a simple test scene already set up for AHR, and also explain what the settings are.
        This would simply be great ! Then I can just give you whatever details you need in your terms (which I suppose would be much better for your data gathering)

Maybe you can ask one of the creators here in the forum for a nice looking forest or something like environment to test AHR out ? There are a lot of skillful people here who have done great level works. Maybe we can ask one of theirs' to test it out ?

For example here ?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Videos/page22
        Last edited by TAN_; 08-21-2015, 02:00 PM.
        ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

This would simply be great ! Then I can just give you whatever details you need in your terms (which I suppose would be much better for your data gathering)

Maybe you can ask one of the creators here in the forum for a nice looking forest or something like environment to test AHR out ? There are a lot of skillful people here who have done great level works. Maybe we can ask one of theirs' to test it out ?
          Hmm, would be cool for a showcase demo, but had in mind a small one more as a simple example of set up. Also, easier to debug differences on a small scene.
          Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-21-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Oh like this maybe ?

Name:	kol.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1084182
            ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Oh like this maybe ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53611[/ATTACH]
              Ol' classic sponza? Hmm, hadn't thought about that, but might work! I'm more lazy actually, was just gonna upload my test scene, that's a bunch of boxes, spheres and a few chairs, with different materials. Think I'll upload my scene tomorrow, and later upload Sponza.

Comment

OK then. Give us a heads up when you do. I am free this weekend can do every test you would ask for.
                ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

OK then. Give us a heads up when you do. I am free this weekend can do every test you would ask for.
                  Awesome, will do. Long day ahead, but should be up tomorrow if not today. The small test one at least

Comment

I made (It is not done yet) very simple scene and I know that it is not very pretty but it is just for testing

i.imgur.com/I5qUDVrh.jpg

m.imgur.com/nU7AW7M

I can't get that link to work,just copy and paste it in the search bar
                    Last edited by Blue man; 08-21-2015, 03:44 PM.
                    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                      I made (It is not done yet) very simple scene and I know that it is not very pretty but it is just for testing

i.imgur.com/I5qUDVrh.jpg

m.imgur.com/nU7AW7M

I can't get that link to work,just copy and paste it in the search nar
                      Hmm, looking clean

I really want to see AHR in open grand scenes also
                      ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

I can try something but I'm lazy and it will take a while
                        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hmm... it is Saturday Night here Ryan, will you upload the level + test requirements tomorrow ?
                          ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Hmm... it is Saturday Night here Ryan, will you upload the level + test requirements tomorrow ?
                            Saturday midday here Just finished having lunch. Will upload it in a few hours. Pushed two commits, one adds a flag to switch between bilateral blur and standard blur, and also improved quality by storing the Voxel normal and checking that on hit. It helps to reduce bleeding

Comment

Well, it's finally uploading. Will be on github. It'll take a while though, is like 670 mb.
                              After it uploads I'll let you people know, and write a short explanation of the scene and the values
                              Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-22-2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Ok, git seems to be having problems uploading. Trying one last time, and if it doesn't works I'll upload it somewhere else, it's just a demo after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X