Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
    Hey Ryan can you put the link of Git Repo in your signature ? I think I am downloading the wrong thing. Everything seems to be updated 2-3 months ago or something.

https://github.com/Mizugan/AHRUnrealEngine

Also can you remember me again how to update with .rar downloaded fro github ? I am supposed to extract it over to build again ?
    TAN_, this is the correct link: https://github.com/RyanTorant/UnrealEngine

Comment

Thanks mate !
      ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

EDIT: Pushed the changes to release branch now, the link is here .
        While I want to add some more things, and fix others, they are minor changes that I should be doing along this week, so you guys can start compiling and using 4.8.3
        Main changes are:
        1) Updated to 4.8.3
        2) Improved voxelization culling and performance
        3) Added the (disabled until I add a cvar later this week ) new blur version. Slow, and with some artifacts, but good edge preservation
        4) Improved tracing quality by switching to 3D textures and an exact voxel traversal algorithm. Performance is about the same at same samples count, but much better quality now. Voxel size now influences quite a bit tracing speed.
        5) BUG Sadly, reflections are broken.

There are some minor fixes that I should solve along this week, and there are some other bigger optimizations like fixing the voxelization pixel shader stage(using weird and obscure hack right now) and increasing the step size when using higher mip levels (now I'm using lower mips as the ray gets further away, but just for the emissive, the scene volume that is the one I use for the intersections remains the same. While sub-optimal, it does improve quality over only using the finest mip). Also I have not yet finished, but should'd take long, a version of anisotropic voxels, to reduce light leaking, but using some spare bits I have now. Also using spare bits on the scene volume, I plan to average the voxel with the prev one, to make movement smoother. This is tricky though, given that I'm now using 3D textures and there's a stupid limitation (that was lifted with DX 11.3/12) that prevents you from reading from a RWTexture3D if the format is not a 32 bits single component, so will have to work my way around that.
        Please test it and report findings, interested mainly in tracing and voxelization performance, and if you still have your old build around, please run a profilegpu and write down the times for all the things that start with AHR, and compare that with the new times. Would be really useful.
        Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-19-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

OK I'll download and try it with my character in blueprint examples levels I posted before. Not sure how it will turn out though, since she has reflective metallic parts.

Also Ryan can I also ask, do we have real time "Godrays" basically sun shafts in AHR ? Also does things like fog contribute to that ?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work
          ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

OK I'll download and try it with my character in blueprint examples levels I posted before. Not sure how it will turn out though, since she has reflective metallic parts.

Also Ryan can I also ask, do we have real time "Godrays" basically sun shafts in AHR ? Also does things like fog contribute to that ?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work
            Hey, I mixed up my branches names. Updated last post, but in any case, the link is this https://github.com/RyanTorant/UnrealEngine/tree/release

About sun shafts, no, but it's something to look into, should be quite easy to implement, basically just tracing in the direction of the sun.
            EDIT: Well, screwed it, again. Updated the post, that's the correct link
            Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-19-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Ok, fixed everything with Git. All the changes in release now ( https://github.com/RyanTorant/UnrealEngine/tree/release )
              Sorry about that guys, git can be a ***** D:

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                About sun shafts, no, but it's something to look into, should be quite easy to implement, basically just tracing in the direction of the sun.
                EDIT: Well, screwed it, again. Updated the post, that's the correct link
                Click image for larger version

Name:	11863347_10204541328475398_3133603202550897945_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1084045

You da man. I would like to contribute that part with my utmost efforts !

Also downloading now... again

EDIT: UE4 had it's own Fog system right ? You think that would be a problem with the overall AHR ?
                ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

EDIT: UE4 had it's own Fog system right ? You think that would be a problem with the overall AHR ?
                  Hmm not sure, but shouldn't be much of a problem. Hadn't give much thought to that idea, but it's interesting.

Comment

Yeah the reason that popped up is that in CryEngine things like sun shafts are connected to existence of fog or dust. So I thought maybe this can be an issue or not.
                    ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

OK here goes:

No special settings, I used the setting in your video. Changed none of the materials.

Name:	1.JPG
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	1084103

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	1084104

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1084105

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	1084106

Name:	5.JPG
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	1084107

Name:	6.JPG
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	1084108

So here comes the bad things (it wouldn't be development if they weren't around )

- Even without setting up AHR it runs at 6-7 FPS. When set up AHR still same. Not sure why ?
                      - I can't change any texture on my character before. When I touch materials it freezes and then crashes ASAP.

Hope that helped. Anything you need to know specifically ask me.

Hot **** results by the way. Great job mate
                      ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

OK here goes:

No special settings, I used the setting in your video. Changed none of the materials.

So here comes the bad things (it wouldn't be development if they weren't around )

- Even without setting up AHR it runs at 6-7 FPS. When set up AHR still same. Not sure why ?
                        - I can't change any texture on my character before. When I touch materials it freezes and then crashes ASAP.

Hope that helped. Anything you need to know specifically ask me.
                        Well, will look into the texture stuff, but about the performance. I have a few ideas but you'll need to do some work. Prepare to get your hands dirty
                        First, run profilegpu command and give me a screenshot of that, with the AHRVoxelization category expanded. Think the problem is there, cause I changed some stuff and now grids are twice as big as before, and on my tests it would seem that there's a big drop after you reach a specific voxel count, but reaching that critical point depends on the bounds size.
                        After that, go to your bounds volume (not the post pro one, the one that you used to set the voxel size) , take a screenshot of the settings, interested in the size of the volume and the voxel size, increase the voxel size to the double, and run profilegpu again.
                        Also I have a feeling something is off, so bring the Ambient Intensity on the AHR settings down to zero, switch to Lighting Only, and take one or two screenshots. Also try increasing the initial displacement to 40 and take one or two screens again.
                        That should be enough for now.

On a side note, there's a new option to make the bounds follow the camera, it has some flickering, but it should be really useful for open games. It's on the AHR settings in the post pro volume, you have to tick Bounds Follow Camera and then tweak the Movable Bounds and Voxel Size (for this feature you use the voxel size of the main post pro volume with all the others settings)

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                          On a side note, there's a new option to make the bounds follow the camera, it has some flickering, but it should be really useful for open games. It's on the AHR settings in the post pro volume, you have to tick Bounds Follow Camera and then tweak the Movable Bounds and Voxel Size (for this feature you use the voxel size of the main post pro volume with all the others settings)

You... did it ???

********* YEAAAAHS !

Name:	11866476_717977691669590_1062530272317516132_n.jpg
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1084116

Expect your requests presented sometime tomorrow, let's do this !
                          ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Okay ****....that looks sweet!
                            Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

OK here goes:

without before/after I see nothing

edit: went back and did some comparison. **** looks real rad!
                              I need that in my blood stream!
                              Last edited by Bladerskb; 08-20-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                                without before/after I see nothing
                                I don't think it's actually working correctly, so comparisons might not be representative.

Comment

Working...
                                X