No announcement yet.

Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purdy lol. If you want testers I don't giving it another go lol. Wana see how my new system will compile stuff compaired to my older one. Also as much I would love to use nVidia's XVGI it would probably not be worth the potential death sentance for my vidcard lol.
    Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
    Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
    FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
    Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
    Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
    LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Is AHR using PBR yet? It looks great, but without PBR it can give very strange results.
      Game chu khi buon/game vui 24h/game lap rap robot/game chu khi buon 2

Comment

Originally posted by john click View Post
        Is AHR using PBR yet? It looks great, but without PBR it can give very strange results.
        It is using PBR.
        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          Realistic lighting that's also easier to use and fast to get results
          So; AHR would be very helpful in (ArchViz projects) to get rid of 2 steps which are time consuming (especially in primary design stages):
          1- Unwrapping meshes inside 3D Applications (3ds Max is my case).
          2- Building lighting map inside Unreal engine.

If that is true... it would be Really wonderful...
          Forgive me; for poor English language

Comment

Originally posted by cadviz View Post
            So; AHR would be very helpful in (ArchViz projects) to get rid of 2 steps which are time consuming (especially in primary design stages):

Unless you have textureless models, you'll still have to uv unwrap

Comment

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
              Unless you have textureless models, you'll still have to uv unwrap
              In some cases you still have to do a second UV unwrap in addition to the first UV for the textures to get the optimal result, but Epic improved the automatic Lightmap-UV so this might not be an issue in most cases anymore.

Comment

You wouldn't have to unwrap for lightmaps though, since the dynamic GI solutions don't use lightmaps.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                  You wouldn't have to unwrap for lightmaps though, since the dynamic GI solutions don't use lightmaps.
                  I know, I was adding to cDubs' and cadviz's posts ^^

Anyways, nice to see progress Ryan, I hope everything works out like you want it to

Comment

Originally posted by Keiyentai View Post
                    Purdy lol. If you want testers I don't giving it another go lol. Wana see how my new system will compile stuff compaired to my older one. Also as much I would love to use nVidia's XVGI it would probably not be worth the potential death sentance for my vidcard lol.
                    Sure! Need as many people trying this as posible.

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                    It is using PBR.
                    Yes it is. Attenuation is a kinda fake though, still working on that, and metals could use some more work, but overall it follows UE PBR system.

Originally posted by Kridian View Post
                    Does this mean you're being absorbed by Epic? What are you going to spend your million dollars on?
                    Originally posted by janpec View Post
                    Just wondering why Epic isnt merging powers with you and kickstart from what you have achieved, rather than doing their own from ground up GI research?
                    Hmm, and Audi R8 V10, an i7 5960X, and why of course, hookers and booze! Now for real, I actually havent asked Epic for integration, nor been approached by them. Want to have it more polished before I bring ahr to them.

Originally posted by cadviz View Post

Yep, that's one use case. Also, if you are going for hyperrealistic archviz, there's no getting around baking, but you could use AHR for the prototyping stages, and when you have everything as you like, you unwrapp and bake.

Well, I have 4.8.3 working, will push it to the repo this weekend. I made changes that increased quality, but I'm still working on them, so performance might be worst, depending on the situation. Also, re-tweak the values for grid size and initial displacement. Initial displacement needs to be like 40 or so now, but play with that.
                    Also I'm adding two modes for the blur. One is standard box blur (using linear filtering to fetch to pixels at once), that with two passes ( the default) approximates really good a gaussian blur. That one is the faster, but doesn't preserve edges. Then there is bilateral blur, that works similar but preserves edges. It looks quite better, and is the one enabled by default, but it's expensive and have some artifacts. That's something I'm actively working on improving.
                    You can switch them with a cvar. The non-edge preserving one was originaly only as a debug, but it's quite fast and for some specific situations, you might not notice the difference.
                    At last but not least, improved voxelization performance, but still more things to do there, so should improve in the coming weeks.
                    There are just a few big optimization remaining, so after that and some overall fixes, will look into the particles and bake stuff, and ask epic for integration.
                    Last edited by RyanTorant; 08-14-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1435050230924.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1083790

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                      There are just a few big optimization remaining, so after that and some overall fixes, will look into the particles and bake stuff, and ask epic for integration.
                      You have an estimate on that Ryan ?
                      Last edited by TAN_; 08-14-2015, 04:52 PM.
                      ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]52664[/ATTACH]

You have an estimate on that Ryan ?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1083791

Nope, sorry. Think somewhere early-mid september should be enough to implement the optimizations.

Comment

HAHAHAHA Great reply Ryan, you got the sense I tell ya
                          ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
                            HAHAHAHA Great reply Ryan, you got the sense I tell ya
                            While I don't have much knowledge of MG(S), do have contacts that know

Back on topic,a bit of an unexpected delay on the update, but should be up by wednesday top.

Comment

Sounds like things are moving on nicely. San i would also activly advise that why trying to get to work with 4.8 you also start on 4.9 with a preview build. 4.9 has some very nice stuff like being able to set tick intervals, and area lights. Last time i played with our test build AHR i found you can use baked lighting and AHR at the same time, Baking sky illumination with no sun, and world lights like interior lights etc worked well, But still allowed me to use a movable dynamic sun light. May well be slower but being able to achieve the photorealism of baked lighting mixed with dynamic sun for archviz will be fun to play with.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

Hey Ryan can you put the link of Git Repo in your signature ? I think I am downloading the wrong thing. Everything seems to be updated 2-3 months ago or something.

https://github.com/Mizugan/AHRUnrealEngine

Also can you remember me again how to update with .rar downloaded fro github ? I am supposed to extract it over to build again ?
                                ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X