No announcement yet.

Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a brand new rendering thread for you all: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...687#post151687

Can't wait to see more of your magic, Ryan!
    FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade
    Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
      Here's a brand new rendering thread for you all: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...687#post151687

Can't wait to see more of your magic, Ryan!
      Great! Subscribed to that thread already .

Comment

Can anyone provide some guide about plugins? Maybe a tutorial? I want to get to know the plugin system before I start to code.

Comment

@RyanTorant, good to see that someone still is up to GI research! For me, it was always such a pain in <you-know-where> to see things like tesselation and destruction physics developing - instead of making real-time area GI, soft shadows with variable penumbra (*Although I've heard in 4.5 some dramatic changes are coming!), and shadow-casting light bounces.

Keep up the good work, man!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
            Can anyone provide some guide about plugins? Maybe a tutorial? I want to get to know the plugin system before I start to code.
            Get a hold of me next time I'm on Skype. I can help you out there, I've written a few plugins already.
            FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
            TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

Comment

Originally posted by Ehamloptiran View Post
              Get a hold of me next time I'm on Skype. I can help you out there, I've written a few plugins already.
              Talk to you later then

Comment

Originally posted by max.pareschi View Post
                Well, since even a PS4 has difficulties running any kind of GI scheme I think we could just forget about mobile GI for this generation.
                Seriously guys, forget about it please.
                Lightmass is more than fine even for the big games, it's just that people don't want to hustle over UVs and baking time.

Cheers!
                Lol , I hope you are joking:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/...e-info-shared/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/...p-screenshots/

@ RyanTorant Great work, I hope you make it work on PS4 (I doubt the Xbone can do it), and why not use the same procedure The tomorrow children used (if you know exactly what they used).
                Last edited by DarkInfiktrator; 09-26-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the slow updates guys, but have mid term exams all along this week. Will be way more active next week

Comment

Limited applications, very narrow focus. The technique is very nice, but can only be made possible on very managed environments. It's not suitable for general purposes.
                    You cannot use that NOW in open ended maps for instance. Applications would be best suited in somewhat enclosed spaces or in very sparsely populated scenes (as the game you linked)
                    Search posts by DanielW and SVOGI to understand better about it, and why it's not currently possible in a general engine as UE4.
                    Hopefully it will scale better on future hardware though, so it's not entirely without merits.

In any case mods opened a thread for GI discussions, so let's talk about this over there!

@RyanTorant
                    I'm extatic to see new developments on this, even if it's not going to get realtime now it could be used to have previews in the viewport without building time and accurate lightmass simulation, and could very well become a path traced lightmapper replacing what we have now.
                    A world without seams, oh god what a thing this would be.

Comment

Limited applications, very narrow focus. The technique is very nice, but can only be made possible on very managed environments. It's not suitable for general purposes.
                      You cannot use that NOW in open ended maps for instance. Applications would be best suited in somewhat enclosed spaces or in very sparsely populated scenes (as the game you linked)
                      Search posts by DanielW and SVOGI to understand better about it, and why it's not currently possible in a general engine as UE4.
                      Hopefully it will scale better on future hardware though, so it's not entirely without merits.
                      It still will be better than LPV as it currently stands, So I would still love for this to be real-time for users with a rig that can handle it
                      Twitter | dylan@incandescentimaging.net | View Caffeine On IndieDB

Comment

In any case mods opened a thread for GI discussions, so let's talk about this over there!
                        Well it's all good, but game, you are referring to, is player driven. Players can build anything, anywhere, in any capacity (;. So technique, should scale to actually densely populated environments.

So I think, celverly managin voxels around, should allow to scale technique to any scene. You don't need to voxelize everything, you don't need to do it every frame.
                        https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                          Well it's all good, but game, you are referring to, is player driven. Players can build anything, anywhere, in any capacity (;. So technique, should scale to actually densely populated environments.

So I think, celverly managin voxels around, should allow to scale technique to any scene. You don't need to voxelize everything, you don't need to do it every frame.
                          Seems cool!
                          That's probably where the cascades comes into play, where far planes are managed more with ambient terms and close stuff is traced inside voxel space.
                          I'd love to know about the max object budget the devs are gonna impose to the player, or the culling schemes to not let the ps4 crawl under the pressure.

@RyanTorant
                          I am really started to wonder if you could theoretically encode the tracing solution and get lightmaps out of that. Replacing Lightmass with a more modern renderer seems like a dream.
                          That could also be used for ToD, where you basically recapture and accumulate lightmap info every ten seconds or so, and use one full second to build the next step to be interpolated over.
                          Or maybe support destructibles by having the tracing happen only on geometry that's been modified, saving performance that way. You could use already existent gbuffer masks and constraint the tracing.
                          What about ray marching in participating media? Do you plan to support this as well?

Comment

Participating media is already supported, as it supports tracing transparency

Comment

That's nice! I'll wait for updates then.

Comment

hey everybody, just a quick update. Tomorrow I have the last exam, so expect a lot of updates this week

Comment

Working...
                                X