No announcement yet.

Realtime Dynamic GI + Reflections + AO + Emissive plugin - AHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Ryan, can you try the cave too? (inside)

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz
      looks really nice, but would anyone explain me the difference between this here and this by Epic? I guess both ways have pros and cons, so would you explain these to me?
      The epic version doesn't have color bleeding and is only single bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        looks really nice, but would anyone explain me the difference between this here and this by Epic? I guess both ways have pros and cons, so would you explain these to me?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	10574256_1482809348632720_8187244352634476211_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1064707

On-topic: Dude, it's looking real kick-***. Just one question tho' isn't the sofa supposed color bleed on the wall?

Click the tiny bird!
        It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21248[/ATTACH]

On-topic: Dude, it's looking real kick-***. Just one question tho' isn't the sofa supposed color bleed on the wall?
          Actually on that particular example, the sofa is not lit by the sun, so is receiving the light from the carpet. Remember there only one bounce. But the range is a bit limited, so that's something to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
            Actually on that particular example, the sofa is not lit by the sun, so is receiving the light from the carpet. Remember there only one bounce. But the range is a bit limited, so that's something to improve.
            ok, cool. I just have a dream we'll have unlimited bounces one day.

Click the tiny bird!
            It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

One can dream...

Comment

Happy new year people! Spoilers: AHR is gonna be awesome

Comment

Actually, it technically shouldn't cost much more for unlimited bounces. All you have to do is inject the light and color information into the voxel texture in the first frame, then in each subsequent frame, combine the lighting then revoxelize the scene. The initial bounce only has to be done once in the first frame, thus for multiple bounces you are only actually voxelizing and cone tracing once per frame using a feedback loop. Then an additional cone tracing pass for the final output to the screen.

I've achieved this for a voxel cone tracing engine I made in OpenGL a couple of years ago. I did have to manually tweak some parameters to get proper converging results for the bounces.
                  Last edited by gboxentertainment; 01-01-2015, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I thought voxelizing the scene is what took so much time...
                    UE4 Beta Tester.

Comment

Originally posted by fragfest2012 View Post
                      I thought voxelizing the scene is what took so much time...
                      Not if you're writing directly to a 3D texture using the geometry shader - this is really fast in comparison to the cone tracing.

Comment

Ryan, how are you writing to the the 3D texture? Are you doing this in a compute shader?
                        UE4 doesn't seem to allow the use of rwtextures for pixel shaders. In OpenGL I was able to directly write to textures in the pixel shader. I believe this is also allowed in dx11 but ue4 isn't set up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                          Ryan, how are you writing to the the 3D texture? Are you doing this in a compute shader?
                          UE4 doesn't seem to allow the use of rwtextures for pixel shaders. In OpenGL I was able to directly write to textures in the pixel shader. I believe this is also allowed in dx11 but ue4 isn't set up for it.
                          RWRawBuffer on the pixel shader. About the unlimited bounces, that works good if your scene is completely static, but if something move you'll have to discard all the results. But your idea got me thinking. It could be possible to create another, lower resolution grid and incrementally trace the scene on each Voxel, and spread it over a few frames. Use that as a low frequency ambient term, then combine it with the high resolution grid for AO and short range GI. Could work... Also, about the voxelization and rsm rendering time, I'm working on separating static and dynamic objects, and only voxelize/ render statics once, voxelize / render the dynamics every frame and composite. For the rsm I can do that as well, but i also have to take into account the light can move, so I'm gonna spread it over a few frames.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                            RWRawBuffer on the pixel shader. About the unlimited bounces, that works good if your scene is completely static, but if something move you'll have to discard all the results.
                            My opengl engine used unlimited bounces with a fully dynamic scene without that problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UfSw_Fipuc

I can't seem to find any reference to RWRawBuffer in the engine documentation or dx11 documentation. Does this use UAVs?
                            Last edited by gboxentertainment; 01-01-2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                              My opengl engine used unlimited bounces with a fully dynamic scene without that problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UfSw_Fipuc

I can't seem to find any reference to RWRawBuffer in the engine documentation or dx11 documentation. Does this use UAVs?
                              Yep, UAVs. Will check the code and tell you in a minute. But you got me thinking, and I think I have an idea to use something like that. Will have more updates soon.

Comment

btw, I don't even use RSMs. I just straight out voxelize the scene with direct lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X