X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niiiiiiceee

Originally posted by RPotter View Post
    Those all still fall under the category of "Level-of-detail"
    Yeah, wasn't this what we were talking about ?
    ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

I have a slight feeling of even more crazy hype incoming, now that you watered our mouths with these sceens
      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

I found myself jumping up and down in my chair at work while browsing the latest update. Awesome job, keep it up!

Comment

Just got home, saw new posts in subscriptions...saw the WIP pictures...aaand I can't hold my excitement!
          You are amazing Ryan! Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

yan what is the FPS you get with these screenshots ?
            ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TAN_ View Post
              yan what is the FPS you get with these screenshots ?
              You can see the FPS and MS counter to the right of the viewport.

Right-click the screenshots "open image in new tab" for the full size.

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                You can see the FPS and MS counter to the right of the viewport.

Right-click the screenshots "open image in new tab" for the full size.
                Sorry, please forgive my bad eyesight. Thanks mate

Hmmm.... So you think when you "cook" the game these framerates would go up a bit more ? ( It was called cooking right ? Getting the project ready ?)
                ArtStation

General Development Blog

Comment

Looking really great dude! I like to stop in this thread from time to time and see your progress. Keep it up!!
                  UE4 Beta Tester.

Comment

Thanks for the support people!. I'm gonna be short on updates until the 23, that I have my last exam. I was originally going to end with my exams on Sunday, but the f*** made me loose one subject I thought I had passed cause i copied a few more items, so while my exercise was correct, it wasn't exactly the one they were asking . Was more difficult to be honest. I'm gonna fight that 8 points I need tomorrow, but I know I ain't gonna get them, so have to study for the exam of that subject, that's due the 23. Sorry bout the rant, was blowing some steam off.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                      Thanks for the support people!. I'm gonna be short on updates until the 23, that I have my last exam. I was originally going to end with my exams on Sunday, but the f*** made me loose one subject I thought I had passed cause i copied a few more items, so while my exercise was correct, it wasn't exactly the one they were asking . Was more difficult to be honest. I'm gonna fight that 8 points I need tomorrow, but I know I ain't gonna get them, so have to study for the exam of that subject, that's due the 23. Sorry bout the rant, was blowing some steam off.
                      Hey mate, not a problem at all. I know that feeling, I've been there, done that, scratched the wound. Just go ahead with it and keep kicking ***

Click the tiny bird!
                      It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by katoun9 View Post
                        RyanTorant:
                        So what I understood from your posts is that your technique is like octree-based sparse voxelization cone tracing real time global illumination, but without the octree (so far ) and with ray tracing instead of the cone tracing (because it's cheaper)
                        That's about right. Will never use an octree though. My voxels take really little memory, so an octree won't help, and will add quite a lot of overhead. What will probably do later on are cascades. Also, my implementation doesn't need to inject irradiance, the voxels only store a binary as filled or empty. There's also something I need to add, that's another grid to handle emissive materials, but even there, each Voxel will be just an index into a material array.

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                          Hey mate, not a problem at all. I know that feeling, I've been there, done that, scratched the wound. Just go ahead with it and keep kicking ***
                          Wanna hear something funny? I'm at my first year of college (I'm 19), and this semester I had programming one. We are talking about learning to use a for and stuff like that. The "hardest" part was a linked list. You need a total of 60% to pass. After seeing this screens you can expect me to pass that with 90-100 right? I expected that. Well, I passed, that part is correct. But with 69...
                          On my defense, they made us code programs on Pascal, and on paper

Comment

Now that I do know. Low level programming classes are the WORST! They make you use all these outdated or otherwise useless techniques, when you know of a hundred better ways to do what they are asking. Thing is, if you do it the correct way (in real life, not the way they want), you fail. It's really dumb, and I'm sorry you have to put up with it.
                            UE4 Beta Tester.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanTorant View Post
                              Wanna hear something funny? I'm at my first year of college (I'm 19), and this semester I had programming one. We are talking about learning to use a for and stuff like that. The "hardest" part was a linked list. You need a total of 60% to pass. After seeing this screens you can expect me to pass that with 90-100 right? I expected that. Well, I passed, that part is correct. But with 69...
                              On my defense, they made us code programs on Pascal, and on paper
                              Actually, that's quite normal and it may seem dull and stupid, but then you'll realize how useful it is. Some people have the same reaction towards graphic design. Most Universities won't even teach how to use Photoshop. You'll do everything hand-made, the first semester you may ask yourself why, but then when you go down into doing hardcore stuff, you'll see how natural everything feels later.

Originally posted by fragfest2012 View Post
                              Now that I do know. Low level programming classes are the WORST! They make you use all these outdated or otherwise useless techniques, when you know of a hundred better ways to do what they are asking. Thing is, if you do it the correct way (in real life, not the way they want), you fail. It's really dumb, and I'm sorry you have to put up with it.
                              Did you know that the most payed positions aren't nowadays for C++ users, right? Mostly are for pascal, cobol and several other programming languages mostly because they're so old there aren't enough people to use them properly. And a lot of banks haven't yet updated their systems. Never disregard any kind of basic knowledge, you never know when it may come in handy ;D

Now, on topic: I just hope my DX10 vga -nvidia 9800- can handle the plugin, it barely handles UE4 on its own lol

Click the tiny bird!
                              It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                                Did you know that the most payed positions aren't nowadays for C++ users, right? Mostly are for pascal, cobol and several other programming languages mostly because they're so old there aren't enough people to use them properly. And a lot of banks haven't yet updated their systems. Never disregard any kind of basic knowledge, you never know when it may come in handy ;D

Now, on topic: I just hope my DX10 vga -nvidia 9800- can handle the plugin, it barely handles UE4 on its own lol
                                Ok. Don't want to drag it to long, but I think there is huge difference between basic knowlegde and coding computer program on paper.

I know only basics of pascal. But with some proper editor I could prolly write program in it, in less than hour. The real challenge is learning the framework and API.
                                https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Working...
                                X