Titanium Hound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Updated the first post with the most fresh info regarding the project!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Added some more interesting stuff to the game.

Terminals now require proper keys to be used and those keys are in mini-bosses' possession. So, in order to unlock a closed door you need to used terminal, and in order to use terminal you need to kill a mini-boss wondering not far from it. There are currently 3 equal mini bosses on the prototype level. And here I finally utilized the place for opponent's portrait, armor and energy to the right.

Since mini-bosses added some more difficulty to the game, I've implemented new mechanic that drops armor power-ups from destroyed enemies and some environmental objects. They restore some portion of lost armor, but not much. If you'll prefer to use aggressive approach to mission play through, those power-ups won't help you to keep armor at maximum.

There are also some other small things I've implemented. Destroyed teleporter now drops a barrel, and you are now able to drop a barrel instead of throwing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Spent some time improving visuals in the game. Fixed run animation a little, created new explosion effects, created muzzle fire effect and tracers for projectiles. Also tweaked some camera settings to make the picture brighter (maybe a little too much brighter).

Leave a comment:

• replied

In this video I'd like to demonstrate what kind of objects are you going to see on the closest part of background. There will be more detailed structures (like this skyscraper) sliced into several additional layers that have parallax of their own to make 2D object have dynamic perspective change as if it was 3D object.

In addition to this you can see how fast Titanium Hound deals with drones using dash ability now. In order to deal 4x damage with dash and melee attacks you just need to hit your target with shock attack first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you! Yeah, there is still much to be done before I could call it final at least for a demo version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Art style lookin' snazzy, love the city in the background. I know it's wip and hard to tell without playing it, but the enemies don't seem to be a threat? They didn't look like they shot at the player much, and seemed a bit bullet spongey (the things that look like robots/civilians?). Perhaps you can add in a hit animation later on as well to indicate some visual feedback when they take damage. The head things cool, reminds me of old school Doom. Last thought is maybe the music could use another few measures or so with a couple of chords to make it less repetitive, could just be temp though for all I know. That said, looks like it's going in the right direction!

Keep it up!
    Last edited by Deathstick; 10-12-2020, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added new gameplay videos into original post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
    Love the style. Keep it up!
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love the style. Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [GAME] Titanium Hound

Titanium Hound

Click image for larger version  Name:	illustrationtitaniumhoundindiedb01.png Views:	0 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	1746738

Project summary:
    | Making it as solo developer.
    | Setting - Cyberpunk.
    | Genre - Action-platformer-puzzle.
    | Platform - just PC for now.
    | Engine - Unreal Engine, (100% Blueprints based).
    | Art - GIMP.
    | Music and sound effects - LMMS and Audacity.

The most fresh gameplay video:

New prototype version 0.02 is ready for download:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/45020095
    https://boosty.to/redspotsylphina/po...8-e16ca605cdd8

All videos with development progress can be found on my YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdn...gnvxo6W8X7y7-g

Follow the game on IndieDB:
    https://www.indiedb.com/games/titanium-hound

Last edited by RedSpotSylphina; 12-14-2020, 12:04 PM.
Working...
X