Titanium Hound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] Titanium Hound

Click image for larger version  Name:	illustrationtitaniumhoundindiedb01.png Views:	0 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	1746738

Hello everyone!

I'd like to tell you about pixel art 2D game I'm creating on Unreal Engine for a while. The process is slow, but I was planning to create a demo with fully functional level later this year. This game is going to be about riding Titanium Hound, a large exoskeleton capable of carrying heavy weaponary and moving with very high speeds. Levels in this game are going to include industrial structures with fights and platforming on low speeds, and high speed highways where you are going to fight moving vehicles. The game will be story-driven and will have some RPG elements, like developing and equipping your character.

This game is 100% blueprint based, which is great for artists like me, who has some programming knowledge. I believe no other engine would allow me to make such game as solo indie developer.

Hope you like it! Stay tuned for more info
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdn4oG9Xwgnvxo6W8X7y7-g

Click image for larger version  Name:	illustrationtitaniumhound08.png Views:	0 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	1746739Click image for larger version  Name:	illustrationtitaniumhound07.png Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	1746740
    Last edited by RedSpotSylphina; 10-12-2020, 06:32 AM.
    Artist, solo indie developer, and gamer. Watch my work

Love the style. Keep it up!
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
      Love the style. Keep it up!
      Thank you!

Comment

Added new gameplay videos into original post.

Comment

Art style lookin' snazzy, love the city in the background. I know it's wip and hard to tell without playing it, but the enemies don't seem to be a threat? They didn't look like they shot at the player much, and seemed a bit bullet spongey (the things that look like robots/civilians?). Perhaps you can add in a hit animation later on as well to indicate some visual feedback when they take damage. The head things cool, reminds me of old school Doom. Last thought is maybe the music could use another few measures or so with a couple of chords to make it less repetitive, could just be temp though for all I know. That said, looks like it's going in the right direction!

Keep it up!
          Last edited by Deathstick; 10-12-2020, 07:05 AM.
          Indie Dev - Whiskey Cat Softworks
          Currently developing a colony survival game!

https://twitter.com/WSoftworks https://www.facebook.com/WhiskeyCatSoftworks/

Comment

Thank you! Yeah, there is still much to be done before I could call it final at least for a demo version.

Comment

In this video I'd like to demonstrate what kind of objects are you going to see on the closest part of background. There will be more detailed structures (like this skyscraper) sliced into several additional layers that have parallax of their own to make 2D object have dynamic perspective change as if it was 3D object.

In addition to this you can see how fast Titanium Hound deals with drones using dash ability now. In order to deal 4x damage with dash and melee attacks you just need to hit your target with shock attack first.

Comment

Spent some time improving visuals in the game. Fixed run animation a little, created new explosion effects, created muzzle fire effect and tracers for projectiles. Also tweaked some camera settings to make the picture brighter (maybe a little too much brighter).

Comment

Working...
                X