This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoyomike View Post
    I noticed with the latest update (4.12) your reflections seem off? Is there anyway to tweak them?
    Other than coding your own 2d capture clip plane you can use planar ssr or both.' Off 'is a bit vague.
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I have 2 questions

Are you able to package this project? Because if I build the new 12.2 version without changing anything the build fails. Is there anything you have to do before packaging?

Here the error code

Code:
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Cook failed. ---> AutomationTool.AutomationException: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for G:\4.12.2\OceanProject-4.12\OceanProject.uproject;
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):  see log C:\Users\JanWin10\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\G+UE4+orginal+Epic+Games+4.12\Cook-2016.06.13-08.59.39.txt
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.Main()
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
      PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
      - The reflection is applied to any surface with less than 20 degree slope at 400 units above, or below the ocean level. This includes Opaque and fully rough materials (DanielW will be fixing this in an upcoming release).
      Is this fixed in the 12.2 release? Because I am having big performance issuse when everything is useing planar reflection.

Thank you for the great project guys
      Last edited by Rathren; 06-13-2016, 03:30 AM.

Comment

I do believe Dan said 4.13 at the earliest definitly not a hotfix but I could be wrong re: 1.0 rough mats reflecting
        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
          Hey Dotcam,

I have been using your new Sky and running into some problems with lighting.
          In my own very basic day/night cycle i modified it so that at night the sun light was turned off and vice versa which meant no weird shadowing and such during the cycle but it seems with your BP_Sky this is still an issue?

I'm finding it very hard to get properly dark nights, and if I do get it so it looks okay (through messing with the skylight captures etc) then during the day the shadows are too dark. If I get the daylight shadows looking nice, then the night is too bright again.
          The only way to get around this it seems is to either settle for some middle ground where it looks 'OK' in night or day (but not exactly what we want) or to script it to get the right effect, which is a shame in such a cool system as you have here.

Any ideas? Through some searches I have seen a lot of people mentioning this over the years so I know at least it's not just me

Thx,
          Daz
          Sorry, I forgot to mention this in my post above:

The new BP_Sky blueprint contains everything you need for the skydome, this includes all lights (sun/moon Directional Lights and a Skylight) and Height Fog. If you are adding this to another level make sure there are no directional lights, skylights, height fog actors, and if there is one remove the AtmosphericFog as well. Everything can be adjusted within the blueprint details panel, at the top there will be a list of components, if you want you can modify the default values here, but some properties are automatically set by the blueprint functions.

Try that, then under the Moon section in the details panel adjust the Moon Light Intensity to get even darker nights. If that doesn't help, could you post a screenshot please?

Originally posted by Yoyomike View Post
          I noticed with the latest update (4.12) your reflections seem off? Is there anyway to tweak them?
          What do you mean by off? If you select the BP_Ocean blueprint in your scene you can adjust the planar reflections by selecting the PlanarReflection component in the components list, or remove it from the blueprint if you want.

Planar reflections have some major limitations, more on that below.

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
          I have 2 questions

Are you able to package this project? Because if I build the new 12.2 version without changing anything the build fails. Is there anything you have to do before packaging?

Here the error code

Is this fixed in the 12.2 release? Because I am having big performance issuse when everything is useing planar reflection.

For the planar reflection issue, no it is not fixed, but is out of my control. [MENTION=1127]TK-Master[/MENTION] has created a pull request for some code changes that will allow much more control using a modified SceneCapture2D actor rather than PlanarReflection.

This method is not only faster, but will allow us to specify only the ocean receives reflections. If something else needs reflections, you can add it to the material itself, and even exclude certain actors from being captured in the reflection.

Fingers crossed, this will be implemented in 4.13, but that is a ways off. Right now it's either live with the (temporary) issues of Planar Reflections, or go back to SSR, which can be done easily (see my post on the previous page), but the quality difference is huge.

Here's some more details on TK's new actor: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post545049

As far as packaging goes, I will look into it today and see what I can come up with. Thanks!
          Last edited by DotCam; 06-13-2016, 02:09 PM.
          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Attempting a cook n package for win64. Been a long time since I tried. Will report back.

Edit took about 6 hours for a cook n package of the entire ocean project, a couple gigs of my material and four plugins plus some custom code. Worked fine on win64 though.

I should add I did get some SSR and some other ocean material instance errors, not warnings but errors, I can post them if needed they were the only ones.
            Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-13-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Interessting can you please tell me how you did it? Because I just opend the project pressed file-> package projekt-> windows 64 and after 10 minutes it fails. Do i have to do something else?

Comment

I have 2 questions

Here the error code

Code:
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Cook failed. ---> AutomationTool.AutomationException: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for G:\4.12.2\OceanProject-4.12\OceanProject.uproject;
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):  see log C:\Users\JanWin10\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\G+UE4+orginal+Epic+Games+4.12\Cook-2016.06.13-08.59.39.txt
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
                MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

Not sure if it helps but I used to have a lot of issues with a project with numbers in the beginning of a folder name:
                i.e. G:\>>4.12.2<<\OceanProject-4.12\OceanProject.uproject;
                try chaining that to something that starts with characters [a-z]
                Last edited by Jonatan Bergström; 06-15-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Try setting up your pqkxsgomg settings I didn't include stock maps packaginf tjw stock project has always been hit or miss in fact packaging in general has been for me. Hail allar and remember 'cook often cook alwaya'

Edit: The ocean materials did infact get replaced with defaulteditormaterial in testing a straight download and no settings package for win64. Odd. Will try again when I have a chance cause again, packaging is hit and miss. One bad references can throw the whole thing off sometimes.
                  Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-14-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

So I'm testing my custom planar reflection plugin (which needs a pull request to be accepted, hopefully in 4.13.. more info here)

Performance can be massively improved by disabling various features like dynamic shadows or even deferred lighting with not a huge visual impact on the ocean (well depending on your scene.. but still).

Here's what it looks like with all features enabled at 100% resolution:

(click image for full size)

And here's what it looks like with shadows, deferred lighting etc. disabled at 20% resolution:

(click image for full size)

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                    WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                    WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

looks like even at 20% res (128x128 capture plane?) you cant tell the difference. great work TK!

Comment

RAGE uses a 128*128 cube map for reflections and it looks good enough. By the screenshots looks like that would be a good number for us also.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                          Try changing the ship's tick group to PostUpdateWork, that seems to do the trick most of the time.
                          At some point you will also need to code a custom character movement component to fix other relative problems.
                          Hiya, thanks for the tip, and sorry for the late reply. I tried setting my ship's tick group to PostUpdateWork - the result I got was a much smoother sailing ship for me (the host) but a far, far worse result for the clients. (Constant jittering, even when idle!) D'you have any suggestions?

Comment

Sorry to bother, but I'm having 2 problems. If someone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1)No water distortion (both in and out of water).
                            2)Everything, even BP_BuoyantActor, sinks like a rock.

I followed the how-to twice using fresh 2d templates on versions 4.11.1, 4.12.1, and 4.12.3.
                            I also copied the level blueprint from OceanProject IslandMap, but still no love.
                            Last edited by kusokuso1; 06-17-2016, 02:19 AM.

Comment

for 2:
                              did you just drag the BP_BuoyantActor out or did you also place the arrays for floationg points, you can also open the example map and copy the BP_BuoyantActor in the scene and paste it into yours and it should swim

Comment

for 2:
                                did you just drag the BP_BuoyantActor out or did you also place the arrays for floationg points)
                                Hey Rathren,
                                I just dragged it out. I placed no arrays for floating points whatsoever. (Never knew such a thing existed, or was necessary, tbh..)
                                Thanks a lot for the help! I'll do as you suggest. There's an Example Map 01 and 02. I'll try each of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X