Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is something like this possible with the physical ocean from the community project or Waveworks? Basically changing sea states gradually at runtime without sudden changes in sea state?
    It is done with the Physical Water Surface from the Market Place. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...920#post544920
    (Water visual shader is our own, as well as implementation of gradual sea state change)

Comment

And 4.12.2 is out

I've been playing with the CashGenUE4 plugin and its great for seafloors! If anyone needs any help let me know.
      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBudgie View Post
        Is something like this possible with the physical ocean from the community project or Waveworks? Basically changing sea states gradually at runtime without sudden changes in sea state?
        It is done with the Physical Water Surface from the Market Place. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...920#post544920
        (Water visual shader is our own, as well as implementation of gradual sea state change)

Yes, you just need to change the values of the wave clusters at the moment. Its not going to look super realistic yet. But it works.
        [MENTION=5439]DotCam[/MENTION] if you ever did want to team up to code with trusted people that dont want to share all their secrets and visa-versa BitBucket is what I use. Private repos for free and I think it supports pulls from GitHub IIRC and works exactly like git, might be another implementation of git itself infact.
        Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-09-2016, 11:56 AM.
        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBudgie View Post
          (Water visual shader is our own, as well as implementation of gradual sea state change)]
          Of course it's possible, and really simple to do. All you would need for that to work is bind the key events to increase/decrease a scalar 0-1 (or higher if you want) value, then multiply the Amplitude value by that scalar.
          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

I'm in the processing of going back to the old struct system for a 'secondary' buoyancy component a "buoyancy tank" that works off weight, and percent of tank filled with water vs air if anyone needs it let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
              Of course it's possible, and really simple to do. All you would need for that to work is bind the key events to increase/decrease a scalar 0-1 (or higher if you want) value, then multiply the Amplitude value by that scalar.
              How about more than just changing the amplitude value gradually? Is it possible to change the wave composition/phases gradually to change the actually final waveform gradually? Like going from small fast ripple waves to large rolling waves gradually without disturbing the physics objects.

Comment

may upgrade to 4.12.2 please 4.12 has errors X_x

Comment

¿It's necessary to have substance plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Coniunctiolight View Post
                    ¿It's necessary to have substance plugin?
                    Nope disable it in the uproject file if it's enabled. 4.12 version works with.... well 4.12 (and 411 and probably a lot of versions before then)

Spin the wheel again.

Comment

The Ocean Project is always stucking at 45% .. sadly and if I follow the install docs .. it didn't work as well. Textures are missing

Comment

Hey,

So I have got a project where I have migrated the ocean project into it and it kinda works but I don't have any of the underwater effects and I don't have the shoreline effect you have on the demo levels. Is there a quick and easy answer why? I have placed the ocean BP and the underwater BP in the level.

Also, in my level the ocean looks really bad even on Ultra. It has no proper reflections and has that funny edge bleeding effect going on. I'll attach a pic to show what I mean...

Cheers,
                        Daz

EDIT: After digging around a little it seems I need a file which mimicks the landscape data so it knows where to process the shoreline, right? like a heightmap file or something?
                        Also, I've noticed the 4.12.2 UE4 is out, when can we expect the update from your end or will the 4.12 stuff just work fine with the 4.12.2 engine?
                        Last edited by dazuk1978; 06-10-2016, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Erm, is that the picture you meant to include?

Comment

Originally posted by StRiK3B4cK View Post
                            The Ocean Project is always stucking at 45% .. sadly and if I follow the install docs .. it didn't work as well. Textures are missing
                            Try unzipping again no missing textures. Its not stuck at 45 percent it's compiling six to ten thousand shaders and by the sound of it engine shaders too. That can take ten minutes on 16 threads at 4.6 GHz for me sometimes I've heard it taking a half hour or more

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
                              Hey,

So I have got a project where I have migrated the ocean project into it and it kinda works but I don't have any of the underwater effects and I don't have the shoreline effect you have on the demo levels. Is there a quick and easy answer why? I have placed the ocean BP and the underwater BP in the level.

Also, in my level the ocean looks really bad even on Ultra. It has no proper reflections and has that funny edge bleeding effect going on. I'll attach a pic to show what I mean...

Cheers,
                              Daz

EDIT: After digging around a little it seems I need a file which mimicks the landscape data so it knows where to process the shoreline, right? like a heightmap file or something?
                              Also, I've noticed the 4.12.2 UE4 is out, when can we expect the update from your end or will the 4.12 stuff just work fine with the 4.12.2 engine?
                              That looks like it's missing some components, was this copied to a new project? Is that project in 4.12.2? In order to use everything in a new project, you need to migrate it all and then place the actors in your own level. Here's some info on that:
                              https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

The edge bleeding you see is from SSR, which has limited usefulness on an ocean. I turn it off, the artifacts are too visible.

It's hard to tell the scale from that image, how close is the camera to the shore?

EDIT: For the shoreline effect you will need to add your landscape heightmap as a texture in the BP_Ocean details panel, this will modulate the waves based on your landscape. Is that what you mean? or do you mean shore foam?

Originally posted by StRiK3B4cK View Post
                              That means it is compiling shaders, which can take 5-15 minutes depending on your system. This is normal, just need to let it finish.

Originally posted by Coniunctiolight View Post
                              may upgrade to 4.12.2 please 4.12 has errors X_x
                              And all other questions on 4.12.2

I'm downloading the update right now, will push the changes to GitHub within the next couple hours.
                              Last edited by DotCam; 06-10-2016, 09:30 AM.
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

DotCam what part of the coast makes you such a nice person Surely you must get the daily PMs asking how to install etc. too?

Comment

Working...
                                X