X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ZeroVector View Post

Thanks for the info, I am on Discord so will be adding.. I'm going to try using it with the Voxel Plugin, so will keep you all posted on how it goes
    This is the Discord link for the Ocean Project: https://discord.gg/tSuuV2g

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

There is a license file which goes along with the project in the Github that answers that, and the answer is yes. The only thing you can't do is resell the plugin itself, but any Unreal Content in a binary form you can sell as you please. The project is free to use and expand. I would strongly suggest to you check the previous posts and get into the Discord server for news, roadmap access, new others which are using the asset, etc

Cheers!
    Thanks for the info, I am on Discord so will be adding.. I'm going to try using it with the Voxel Plugin, so will keep you all posted on how it goes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZeroVector View Post
    Hi, I have just discovered this project and installed the plugin and checked out the maps.. A very very welcome done job. Just one question, if I used this Ocean Project in my game and I released my game. It's ok?
    There is a license file which goes along with the project in the Github that answers that, and the answer is yes. The only thing you can't do is resell the plugin itself, but any Unreal Content in a binary form you can sell as you please. The project is free to use and expand. I would strongly suggest to you check the previous posts and get into the Discord server for news, roadmap access, new others which are using the asset, etc

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I have just discovered this project and installed the plugin and checked out the maps.. A very very welcome done job. Just one question, if I used this Ocean Project in my game and I released my game. It's ok?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post

Yeah I can see what you mean, it's doing pretty much nothing at the moment... I'll keep working on it today and see if I can figure out what's going wrong, probably a material setting, but will let you know when I figure it out!
    Thanks a lot!

Update: I think I've found the problem already, The "Translucency Sort Priority" of the wake was too low, it was set to 0 for both the ocean plane and the wake mesh, so the engine didn't get the order right for rendering, and rendered the ocean plane on top of the wake plane. By giving the wake plane a higher Translucency Sort Priority" than the ocean plane the problem is solved.

See also https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...o/Transparency at the bottom for more info on this topic
    Last edited by CommandOfTheSea; 05-18-2018, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MagicBlueFrog View Post

Great work, thanks! I voted it up. Seems like a pretty serious bug, hard to believe it went unnoticed for so long.
    Lets hope more ppl vote on it to get it the status is deserves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
    MagicBlueFrog I got the bug listed now at this link: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-59149, so it was indeed reproduced by the dev team and is on the track for a fix. It is useful for everyone to help this out by going to the issue and vote it for more attention for a fix.
    Great work, thanks! I voted it up. Seems like a pretty serious bug, hard to believe it went unnoticed for so long.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MagicBlueFrog I got the bug listed now at this link: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-59149, so it was indeed reproduced by the dev team and is on the track for a fix. It is useful for everyone to help this out by going to the issue and vote it for more attention for a fix.
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

This thread is becoming a bit unmanageable now that it is 63 pages, 2500+ posts. This thread was started in 2014 and there are many posts here that discuss features and issues that either no longer exist, or have been changed so much the information posted is incorrect. So I would like to know your opinions about how to proceed.

Here's a quick poll I whipped up:
    https://www.strawpoll.me/15692042

If a new thread is created, this thread would be locked so no further comments can be made, but all posts will remain untouched. A link would be provided in the first post on the new thread back to here for reference.

I also would like to move this discussion over to the Community Content & Tools section instead of Work in Progress. This is of course still a WIP project, but has enough features to warrant the move.

Thanks for your input!! And don't forget to join us on Discord if you need any help with the project, or just want to chat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
    sorry for the noob question,but what is this discord thing?

i have clicked the link and gave me some sort of chat room where i cannot post messages ....;p
    You need to click on the channels at the left, like the lounge where ppl chat more... you can basically type in and people will respond... we saw you there, but you wrote nothing when we sent a hello

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry for the noob question,but what is this discord thing?

i have clicked the link and gave me some sort of chat room where i cannot post messages ....;p

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright I guess I will just post this here and see how many people are interested, easier than waiting for a reply here...

Click here if you want to join the new OceanProject Discord server!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    Yes, Trello is back! Still needs a lot of cleanup, but it's somewhat usable now.

Once I finish getting the project into a clean and (as close to) bug free state as possible over the coming days, yes I will be working on it. I can't promise any time frame right now, but it's very high on my list as many other features depend on it, so I hope to have more news on it soon.
    this is a great news !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CommandOfTheSea View Post

Thanks, the material in use is M_Ocean_Ultra"

I'm actually trying it again with the default Ocean Project on the "IslandMap" and UE4.18.3

There's no visible wake behind "BP_Fishboat", although Shadow Complexity view (F5) shows that the actors for the wake get spawned. I think it's like that since UE4.16

BTW, if you change the base color of the wake material to a plain red, and the opacity to 1 you can see a slight darker shadow in the water, so the material itself is really there, it's for some reason just almost invisible...
    Yeah I can see what you mean, it's doing pretty much nothing at the moment... I'll keep working on it today and see if I can figure out what's going wrong, probably a material setting, but will let you know when I figure it out!

Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
    DotCam are u working or planning to work on the volumetric clouds feature please ?

u have just made my day with the trello cards this morning
    Yes, Trello is back! Still needs a lot of cleanup, but it's somewhat usable now.

Once I finish getting the project into a clean and (as close to) bug free state as possible over the coming days, yes I will be working on it. I can't promise any time frame right now, but it's very high on my list as many other features depend on it, so I hope to have more news on it soon.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is probably overkill, but I started to set up a little Discord server for people to get help with the project and share ideas/code a couple evenings ago, is anyone interested in something like that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DotCam are u working or planning to work on the volumetric clouds feature please ?

u have just made my day with the trello cards this morning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X