Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
    Guys I have posted compiled binaries for 4.11 a page (or two) back.
    ...
    Sorry! I found it now, didn't understand the post at first, but I got it working now.
    Will report back on HTC Vive performance tonight if no one has already.

    Comment


      Is there any comprehensive step by step tutorial on how to import the ocean into our own projects? I would personally greatly appreciate it!
      Origin of Storms

      Comment


        Originally posted by Streak Thunderstorm View Post
        Is there any comprehensive step by step tutorial on how to import the ocean into our own projects? I would personally greatly appreciate it!
        I posted a page or two back and its been posted about 50 times in this thread and I think its even on the github...
        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

        Comment


          Has anyone tried running this plugin + TrueSky? i'm having some pretty bad issues with flashing artifacts and all sorts, not sure which is the culprit.

          Comment


            Curious, but if I wanted to use your water shader/weather in a project, is there a kit or some guide to follow to make sure its implemented properly?

            Comment


              Originally posted by NigeySUK View Post
              Has anyone tried running this plugin + TrueSky? i'm having some pretty bad issues with flashing artifacts and all sorts, not sure which is the culprit.
              I'm using them together, the only problem I notice is that the water can be seen through the clouds. If you have other problems it might be because you have a newer version.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dogsofknowledge View Post
                I'm using them together, the only problem I notice is that the water can be seen through the clouds. If you have other problems it might be because you have a newer version.
                I think i managed to fix whatever is causing the issue by disabling the TrueSky godrays, if i left them enabled, the ocean would appear to bounce whenever my character or camera moved, and always flashing artifacts on the horizon, as i said very weird.

                Comment


                  Wow this looks amazing. Are we allowed to implement this system in our own games and projects?

                  Comment


                    Yes StormTwo. Welcome top the Thread.

                    (Said as gently as possible.) You might read the thread. I know it is long, but, it has info on issues... how you can use the plugin and other stuff you might find useful.

                    Again, Welcome to UE 4 and this cool plug in.
                    Clifford Brock

                    Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                    Game: Claws&Paws

                    Comment


                      This ocean is really exceptional, fantastic!! I am using it for a VR project, and everything looks perfect until i turn on instanced stereo rendering, then stereoscopy on water is messed up.
                      Anyone got this working with instanced stereo rendering?

                      Comment


                        Hey all, been a while, how's things?

                        I just pushed a couple new branches to Github, first one was a 4.11 branch which had no changes since the 4.10 branch other than recompiling the plugin for 4.11. Second one is the 4.12 preview branch (requires 4.12 preview 3) with the new Planar Reflections that were added by Epic.

                        The PlanarReflection scene actor also comes as a blueprint component, which has been attached to the BP_Ocean blueprint 360 units above the surface and scaled up to cover the whole plane. Performance did take a bit of a hit, but considering the increase in quality it is well worth it (not a lot, only 5fps on my machine).

                        Anyone who is interested in using the 4.12p3 version should read up on the limitations so far, and also a bug that affects editor performance when adjusting parameters (not in game). This is just an initial commit with the base feature implemented, any fixes that arise will be added as possible.

                        Let me know how it goes if you try out 4.12!
                        Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                          Hey all, been a while, how's things?

                          I just pushed a couple new branches to Github, first one was a 4.11 branch which had no changes since the 4.10 branch other than recompiling the plugin for 4.11. Second one is the 4.12 preview branch (requires 4.12 preview 3) with the new Planar Reflections that were added by Epic.

                          The PlanarReflection scene actor also comes as a blueprint component, which has been attached to the BP_Ocean blueprint 360 units above the surface and scaled up to cover the whole plane. Performance did take a bit of a hit, but considering the increase in quality it is well worth it (not a lot, only 5fps on my machine).

                          Anyone who is interested in using the 4.12p3 version should read up on the limitations so far, and also a bug that affects editor performance when adjusting parameters (not in game). This is just an initial commit with the base feature implemented, any fixes that arise will be added as possible.

                          Let me know how it goes if you try out 4.12!
                          Hes alive! And here I was going to trek across the mountains in search of the elusive Dotcam.

                          Excited to take a look for some demo screenies for my game... I was going to sleep after 24 hour coding fest for a fire control system but no DC just had to give us a tease, compiling 4.12p3 now and donwloading your commit. Thanks!

                          I've got a team member working on FFT's still. progress is slow but steady.
                          Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

                          Comment


                            4.12p3 will crash continously with the shader files when compiling defaultgridmaterial if you dont run a regular template project and compile materials before opening oceanproject preview

                            Edit: still crashing, verified engine to replace shaders to default, ran a first person template and made sure the material in question was compiled, saved/closed, ran fresh project and
                            shadercomilerworker.exe loads up the cpu like youd expect and project gets to 45% thenc rashes.

                            Preview versions for a reason.

                            Code:
                            Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.12+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 1559] 
                            Failed to compile default material /Engine/EngineMaterials/WorldGridMaterial.WorldGridMaterial!
                            Last edited by Nsomnia; 05-11-2016, 09:39 AM.
                            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

                            Comment


                              Actually it runs on stock shaders I'll assume they havnt been rewritten for a preview version. Woo multi post
                              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                                Actually it runs on stock shaders I'll assume they havnt been rewritten for a preview version. Woo multi post
                                Hey Nsomnia! How are you doing? Good to hear from you!

                                Yeah I was just going to reply with that, shaders will need to be updated for each version. I actually haven't even tried them in 4.11 yet, should probably get around to trying that.

                                The Shaders were updated by TK on the 4.11 branch, but for now anyone wanting to use 4.12p3 just ignore the optional shaders, they will be updated for the full 4.12 release.
                                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X