This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
    When will this be released on the marketplace?
    It is free!

Comment

Quick Question what's the best way to get the CurrentTime from BP_Sky? I try to cast to it, and it seems to always fail?

Comment

guys i need help, i tried to convert the github project which the latest update was in unreal engine 4.10, i tried to convert it to 4.11 but it seemed to be impossible cause of an error, how are you guys gettin up with the project?
        "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Comment

I just started trying to use this and I'm quite new to Unreal. When I try to pull the Ocean blueprint into my game, nothing happens. If I double click it to look at the actual blueprint, I get "Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn't been removed!"

Could anyone give me some pointers on getting this to work? I'm in 4.11.

EDIT: I suppose I'll just work from the sample project, but it would be nice to know how one might integrate this into an existing project.
          Last edited by Carnivoris; 04-25-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivoris View Post
            I just started trying to use this and I'm quite new to Unreal. When I try to pull the Ocean blueprint into my game, nothing happens. If I double click it to look at the actual blueprint, I get "Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn't been removed!"

Could anyone give me some pointers on getting this to work? I'm in 4.11.

EDIT: I suppose I'll just work from the sample project, but it would be nice to know how one might integrate this into an existing project.

Put source files in your source folder rename all instances of OceanProject to YOURPROJECTNAME everywhere filenames and in files.

Copy plugins folder.

compile.

Migrate the oceanexampe01 map

copy shaders posted by TK to /411/engine/shaders/ if desired

4.11 good to go.

Or you could just change engine versions with the version selector and let it recompile and copy the shaders TK posted to your /engine/shaders/ directory.
            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Darkkitten View Post
              Quick Question what's the best way to get the CurrentTime from BP_Sky? I try to cast to it, and it seems to always fail?

GetAllActorsOfAll(BP_Sky)
              Array.Get(0)
              if IsValid(BP_Sky) == true

BP_Sky -> BP_Sky.GetCurrentTime(whatever function takes/returns)

I have time compression and lat.longitude setup from the time and locatino setup, not that terribly hard. I cant post the BP's if you really cant figure it out to blueprintue.com
              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I finally have a legitimate use for this now and have come back to it after a long time.. looks like it has come along nicely. Got it implemented in a level, going to try to figure a way to mask / cull the ocean plane when it goes under the landscape (some landscapes have lower inland ground) But this water and underwater PP is nice!

Comment

Hi everyone, I have a question, whats causing this strange blur effect and how can I fix it? Seems like the area where the ship is isn't affected by the blur effect but the rest is. Thanks in advance !

Comment

Could someone who has this compiled for 4.11 upload it somewhere? I keep getting errors and after manually installing VS2015 didn't seem to get me any farther. I'd like to try it with the Steam VR community project, which is 4.11 only...

Comment

Hi
                      Has anyone got a fix for these render artifacts that occur in the surrounding area/shadows of geometry? I'm using 4.10.
                      Aside from this small issue I love this plug in, massive thanks to the creators for making it free

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00000 (10).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	1105510

Comment

Originally posted by pauldolan View Post
                        Hi
                        Has anyone got a fix for these render artifacts that occur in the surrounding area/shadows of geometry? I'm using 4.10.
                        Aside from this small issue I love this plug in, massive thanks to the creators for making it free
                        Just turn up the SSR quality, that should fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the response. You were right that SSR was only set to 50% in the camera I was using. Turning it up to 100% quality hasn't totally fixed the artifacts. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by pauldolan View Post
                            Thanks for the response. You were right that SSR was only set to 50% in the camera I was using. Turning it up to 100% quality hasn't totally fixed the artifacts. Any other ideas?
                            SSR in UE4 isn't that great even when the quality is turned up, and there are always artifacts. You might want to use a cubemap instead.

Comment

I switched off SSR on my camera and PP and enabled a cubemap in the skylight actor. Rebuilt the lighting. Same issue unfortunately.

Comment

Guys I have posted compiled binaries for 4.11 a page (or two) back.

Yeah SSR is super-not suitable for an ocean, but we will finally have planar reflections in 4.12 so don't worry too much about it right now

[MENTION=391923]cosmicman[/MENTION]
                                That's from the Gausian DOF.. you can either turn if off in the post proccess volume settings or you can copy and use the modified shaders from the ShaderFilesToCopy folder to your engine's shader folder.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                                WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                                WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Working...
                                X