Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to create big waves like this with the project provided from the main post github link? i dont really care that much about shaders etc atm. I just want to try out the waves and i havent managed to get them like this. I changed around in the settings on the Ocean in UE but never got the waves like this. only small and really high.

Comment

Hi, I just downloaded this last night and after playing around with it I was wondering what it would take to get the player to be able to swim on top of the water and float with the waves much like a boat or bouy does? Been monkeying with the bouyancy force component with no affect so far.

Comment

Got a fellow programmer working on possibly moving to FFT's hes a math whiz, and then I'll/we'll look into foam vertex additon shaders etc. Sea-states may be a reality!
        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
          The brightness is really low. Hard to see anything

Comment

Agreed BlueBudgie,

But, WIP 01 is stunning.. absolutely STUNNING!
            Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
            Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBudgie View Post
              The brightness is really low. Hard to see anything
              Originally posted by Tarly View Post
              Agreed BlueBudgie,

But, WIP 01 is stunning.. absolutely STUNNING!
              Thank You. This "preview" scene I only recorded to send to my sound designers to give to they the idea of waht kind of sounds I will need.

Did you already see the Finalized WIP 1?

The goal is have this visual with the movement of a storm waves.
              YouTube:Coruja Games
              Twitter:@_corujagames
              Facebook:@corujagames
              Instagram:@_corujagames

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                Here, try this.
                Thanks a lot! This is awesome!

Comment

Good day! Tell me - is it possible to create a multi-level water system for the construction of river locks?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2W8UPjXeodk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1104772

At the moment, the ocean system does not allow you to add several water surfaces.

Name:	ntuGnEMAWG0.jpg
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1104773

Those who have any ideas how this could be done? Thank you in advance!

Name:	e6r6wxefAYk.jpg
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1104774

Comment

Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
                    Thank You. This "preview" scene I only recorded to send to my sound designers to give to they the idea of waht kind of sounds I will need.

Did you already see the Finalized WIP 1?

The goal is have this visual with the movement of a storm waves.
                    Which finalized WIP1 do you mean?

I really like the wave visuals. Especially the foam around the rock. There is another pack in the marketplace section that has optimized buoyancy (https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...c-Water-Shader). This and your work joined in one would be amazing.
                    It would be really tempting to build a physics based Vikinger/Pirate themed game where you can construct your own ships and see how they steer and do in battle and so on with physics based buoyancy acting on each part of the ship that you constructed. Something with nordic, dark-ish, rough sea like the Undvik section in Witcher 3. We could even use many assets from our current game that actually features islands for a good jumpstart. This is really tempting!

Comment

Very interesting idea Korablev I have a new idea for my game at the panama canal now, I'll have to think about that.

I have a basic map setup with zooming/panning that tracks a ship pawn (set in your player controler) movement well, anyone that wants it can grab it. I finally watched the twitch stream on refraction so gonna play round to try to get my water distortion effect a la The Hunt For red October when a submarines screw (propeller) creates distortion behind it.

Edit; Any imporvements you guys make should be released for a merge into the main branch from a fork even if its simplified as payback to tk, dcs and hk hard work. I fully intend to.
                      Last edited by Nsomnia; 04-19-2016, 01:31 PM.
                      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hi everyone. This is an amazing project, I am working on a prototype with boats and planes, and find the implementation fascinating. That said, apologies for the noob question but:

Is there any online documentation?

I am searching for a way to set the wave height and wind speed in the storm demo. Can they be changed dynamically? I want it to start slower and get more intense as the player goes deeper into the gameplay.

( edit: I tried editing the BP_Ocean in the scene, but that only changes the wave behavior for the moving objects in the scene, but not the ocean being rendered it seems... )

Thanks!
                        Last edited by torfifrans; 04-19-2016, 02:00 PM. Reason: added detail

Comment

Are there plans to release a 4.11 compatible version? I know you've mentioned that it works with github versions, but I mean compiled for official 4.11 release

If so, any timeline for it?
                          vr and new media installations
                          www.samuelwalker.xyz

Comment

Hey guys, loving this plugin :-D
                            One quick question: I've got a character setup with a breath timeline swimming using the buoyancy component. But when I try to dive down, I'm fighting against my own buoyancy, so how can I change that during play? I'd like it to be affected on World Z/remaining breath float.
                            Be sure to check out Winds of Almerra!

Comment

Originally posted by artoculon View Post
                              Are there plans to release a 4.11 compatible version? I know you've mentioned that it works with github versions, but I mean compiled for official 4.11 release

If so, any timeline for it?
                              The 4.11 version is what you see. Releases of the project dont co-incide with releases of the engine. 4.11 version is the github source compiled with the shaders TK posted before I could get to them.

We are going to attempt to change over to FFT based waves this weekend and will post it on github so it can be merged in. Will try to keep gerstner as an option. Then kelvin wakes, bow-waves, etc.

Comment

When will this be released on the marketplace?

Comment

Working...
                                X