Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch my last post, I figured it out. I had to add the PP_underwater blendable to my global PP volume.

On another note, would you like some help making a more detailed readme or separate FAQ for the next revision? I'd love to help out, but can't really be much use writing shaders, so I figure a more detailed readme with basic troubleshooting could save you guys time to focus on other issues. Lemme know,

Adam

Comment

I remaking all this to fetch my needs. I really need to thank you. This is my results so far. Also, I´m working directly with the Randkor tips.

Last edited by Raziєl; 04-10-2016, 07:35 PM.
      YouTube:Coruja Games
      Twitter:@_corujagames
      Facebook:@corujagames
      Instagram:@_corujagames

Comment

Looks pretty good, keep it up
        How many waves is that btw?

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
        WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
        WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
          Looks pretty good, keep it up
          How many waves is that btw?
          Just eight gerstner waves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	1104260
          Last edited by Raziєl; 04-10-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Looks really nice! Are you doing that in 4.11.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Rend View Post
              Looks really nice! Are you doing that in 4.11.1?
              Me or the Official Project? If its for me is Yes.

Comment

Guys when the support 4.11.1? Or somebody would DLL files?

Comment

Originally posted by adndima View Post
                  Guys when the support 4.11.1? Or somebody would DLL files?

Just recompile it works without any depreciated member functions or anything. Just the shaders need updating which is on my to-do list.
                  Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I just tried it with 4.11.1 and it worked right away. I didn't bother with the shaders that need to be updated and no problems. I noticed that if you strafe perpendicular to the direction of the waves, the foam jumps around. I was also wondering why the sound of the surf is seaward to the viewer, rather than from the shore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                      Just recompile it works without any depreciated member functions or anything. Just the shaders need updating which is on my to-do list.
                      It is impossible to compile

Name:	2016-04-13_20-33-13.png
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1104399

Name:	2016-04-13_20-28-36.png
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1104398
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by adndima; 04-13-2016, 07:03 AM.

Comment

You need visual studio 2015 to compile ofc the engine can't do that.

Anyways, I will upload a zip with the compiled binaries later for those who don't want to mess with that.

Comment

Delete the build, intermediate and saved folder and try. If you still have issues, remember to check if the “Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015” also are installed. I had this issue earlier today, and after adding the “Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015” I was able to compile it.
                          Best regards,
                          Gøran Myrland

Misc Games AS
                          miscgames.no

Comment

After updating to UE 4.11.1, the water is missing when I compile it. I tried on two different computers, and the problem happens on both computers. Water works fine in editor.

The water works in my minimap, but not where it should be.

Any idea what could be the problem?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Woober; 04-13-2016, 08:59 AM.
                            Best regards,
                            Gøran Myrland

Misc Games AS
                            miscgames.no

Comment

Originally posted by Woober View Post
                              After updating to UE 4.11.1, the water is missing when I compile it. I tried on two different computers, and the problem happens on both computers. Water works fine in editor.

The water works in my minimap, but not where it should be.

Any idea what could be the problem?
                              Are you on 4.11 or 4.10 some shaders need to be changed for 4.10 but shouldnt affect your water. What OS and specs are you on? (SM5?) Read around the thread about missing and black water, common problem.

Any chance on sharing your setup for the minimap? thats what I need for my tech demo.
                              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Here are the compiled binaries and .usf for 4.11
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...RfdVkta1U/view

[MENTION=38313]Woober[/MENTION]
                                I'm not sure what is happening there, does this only happens in a packaged build?

Comment

Working...
                                X