Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic! The way how ocean fades into beach is perfectly done. Also storm waves are nicely deep. Are those strong waves displaced by height map or is it tesselation requiring DX11?

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
      The 4.10 branch is now on GitHub!
      Awesome Job so far! Really thankfull for a the work put into this.

I have a small Problem, I just can't get the Underwater PostProcess to work on my Projekt. I have tried to replicate everything exactly as presented on the Island_Map, but It just won't work.
      Is there a specific option I have to activate, or Code I have to modify?

Hope someone can help me

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
        Edit: Anyone getting a crash due to physics constraints line 71 (stay upright constraint based) I fixed it by finding the class that had the actual BuyoancyForce component on it, deleting and compiling it, re-adding and compiling int, and then compiling all child and parent classes.
        Can you replicate the crash in the default project? the upright constraint thingy doesn't work as I intended as far as I have seen and it probably needs to be rewritten, I haven't worked on it since the first release since I don't use it.

Originally posted by janpec View Post
        Are those strong waves displaced by height map or is it tesselation requiring DX11?
        DX11 tessellation is not required but you might need make a small edit in the material to use World Position Offset instead of World Displacement if you are going to use it with DX10.. I wanted to add a feature level switch in the material so that is handled automatically but I keep forgetting

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
        I have a small Problem, I just can't get the Underwater PostProcess to work on my Projekt. I have tried to replicate everything exactly as presented on the Island_Map, but It just won't work.
        Is there a specific option I have to activate, or Code I have to modify?
        Uh yes I forgot to mention that you have to enable the stencil buffer when adding it to your project since it's disabled by default.

Edit > Project Settings > Rendering > Custom Depth-Stencil Pass = Enabled with Stencil

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
        WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
        WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Uh yes I forgot to mention that you have to enable the stencil buffer when adding it to your project since it's disabled by default.

Edit > Project Settings > Rendering > Custom Depth-Stencil Pass = Enabled with Stencil
          Ahh thanks a lot, works perfectly now.

Comment

Videos up. Got the masking workign, thanks TK! Now i just have to plug it into the main ocean material... and then write some CPP to take my boat mesh and create a mask shape and apply it to GetPlayerPawn->GetActorLocation somehow.

Time to start learning the UE4 API maybe? Start taking apart all my blueprints via the right click -> show native code menu and try to reprouce all my classes.... or wait for a proper video/book tutorial?(2 years still waiting)

If anyone needs the bluepritns behind the masking letme know its just simple vector math with TK's material setup.

Its clear to re-create the beaufort scale assuming oceanstorm is the highest level (5x8sum sets) we are going to need 2 things I can see
            1) waves with a larger height (amplitude?) need to have a longer wavelength (aka less sharp?) so they dont break as easy. and
            2) MAJOR perormance improvments. That was recorded on a gtx760M which isnt a terrible card with only simple gameplay stuff going onin the background mainly buoyancy and GUI stuff plus boat physics.

FFT time? I wouldnt mind trying to implement FFTs over gerstner style waves using all my reference projects that _appear_ to use FFT's.

Could be a good way to give up on CPP or a good way to see if i've come far enough to code what I need in a timely/clean/proper manner.
            Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-04-2016, 03:45 PM.
            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

How are you updating the capsule start/end points? it seems off

Comment

Can you replicate the crash in the default project? the upright constraint thingy doesn't work as I intended as far as I have seen and it probably needs to be rewritten, I haven't worked on it since the first release since I don't use it.

DX11 tessellation is not required but you might need make a small edit in the material to use World Position Offset instead of World Displacement if you are going to use it with DX10.. I wanted to add a feature level switch in the material so that is handled automatically but I keep forgetting

Excellent i think many users would like to see this in DX10 version aswel so it can be used on mid end graphic cards.

Comment

How are you updating the capsule start/end points? it seems off
                  I assume 'capsule' means its using a z value as well and im just using GetPlayerPawn.worldLocation() so its a plane capsule (an ellipsoid?) I assume im just setting z to 0 or at least a const value for all vectors.

Seems ffts involve matrixes. Havnt touched that in cpp yet, maybe I have more learning to do. https://github.com/CSWest/FFT-Ocean/...er/FFT/FFT.cpp This is based on jerrys paper, there is lots out of there to look at for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/BkVKka4.png

That video is also using no gravity because using a transparent bp_ocean for buoyancy before was just finicky.
                  Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Used your idea TK of creating the interior walls so I dont have to have 2 sided geometry and its working great, I can sit inside a big tube inside the ship with no waves

Comment

Whoa ! I have only a thing to be said, it's an AMAZING WORK !
                      I was inspired by your project for my student project for the water.
                      I have a question, I send you a PM to avoid ''ruin'' the topic.
                      But, really, it's just awesome !
                      Thank you !

Comment

I just want to go ahead and say that this is the update that I've been waiting for for a very long time and it looks fantastic, this will really help my project out, especially the underwater effect. So thank you TK, your time and effort is much appreciated. I'm having a problem with the underwater effect that I can't quite figure out. The underwater effect is working perfectly fine in the GitHub project file, however when I migrate everything to my project, I can't get the underwater effect to appear at all. I've duplicated all of the settings as seen in BP_Underwater in the example project, but nothing happens, almost as if the M_Underwater_PP material doesn't seem to be working properly in my project. I can't quite work out why it wouldn't. The wet lens effect works perfectly though. Would anyone happen to know what might be happening?

Comment

you did excellent work again Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by NCMcClure View Post
                            I just want to go ahead and say that this is the update that I've been waiting for for a very long time and it looks fantastic, this will really help my project out, especially the underwater effect. So thank you TK, your time and effort is much appreciated. I'm having a problem with the underwater effect that I can't quite figure out. The underwater effect is working perfectly fine in the GitHub project file, however when I migrate everything to my project, I can't get the underwater effect to appear at all. I've duplicated all of the settings as seen in BP_Underwater in the example project, but nothing happens, almost as if the M_Underwater_PP material doesn't seem to be working properly in my project. I can't quite work out why it wouldn't. The wet lens effect works perfectly though. Would anyone happen to know what might be happening?
                            Check the level BP and player camera manager, thats how it finds out if its below the surface or not in oceanlevel01 or whatever

Comment

I'm talking about for the most recent 4.10 update where it doesn't use that effect anymore.

Comment

NCMcClure please read the previous posts when possible you need to enable the stencil buffer when migrating to another project since it's disabled by default.

Comment

Working...
                                X