Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't happen to have a wake attached hey? That's what that looks like the wake is beta
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Ok, thanks I'm just trying to make an underground compound type area beneath my building, and I have an elevator shaft going to it, but you see the water inside the elevator for a split second as it's going down :P I think I'm going to try having it load in a separate UE4 level as the elevator lowers just so I don't have to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
        Yeah it definitely is a big hit for a post process, VR or no VR

I wonder, has any game ever done this the proper way? Every game that I have seen tries to avoid this by either having flat water or doing some kind of camera snap or fading.
        Dying Light had a pretty decent transition. The water seemed to have a bit of a thickness when you were half-submerged, looked really good in my opinion.

Comment

So any progress post on this? I can't use it in 10.2 on a beach that I'm making :c

Comment

Thanks for this project guys!

We used flocking system and added to our game:

• Follow me on twitter
            • Visit our website traverse.world
            • Checkout our game's forum thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
              You don't happen to have a wake attached hey? That's what that looks like the wake is beta
              Yep it was the wake. Thanks for responding . I made it invisible be default and visible on begin play which removed that. It's a good placeholder for our system for now.

Comment

Originally posted by xulture View Post
                Thanks for this project guys!

We used flocking system and added to our game:
                Yay!! Glad it was of some help !

Comment

On Ubuntu I don't see the water. In the log was something alike could not compile ocean material. Shader model 5 with opengl 4.3.
                  Any help? Thanks

Comment

Any chance on a 4.10 version?

Coming 2016| Interested joining my team, email me: daniiartsstudio@gmail.com
                    Official Thread! Unreal Forums Follow us on Facebook Watch development blog on Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by liondog View Post
                      Any chance on a 4.10 version?
                      Its running just fine on 4.10.2 for me.
                      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

UE 4.10.2 NOT WORKING - "oceanproject.dll - missing" error. Downloaded Visual studio with Common tools. Nothing works. Please help

Comment

Hi
                          I have some problems with this system when I set the waves to come to the beach , if player look at them from the front, waves get messy ! waves behind surface is shown and draw lines overlapping
                          it makes waves distorted. This problem occurs at very low altitudes and not from the top view

Comment

Liondog: Just compile the actual version, if you don't have anything to do it, someone posted the binaries somewhere in the thread.

Comment

Yes works fine in 4.10.2 only on Ubuntu this UE bug:
                              https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...texture-s.html
                              I wonder who sets this to resolved.-
                              Anyway by the time I have my stuff done I should be able to use Vulkan. So I work on Windows and only compile the final for SteamOS.
                              Love the water.
                              Last edited by Mike4; 02-12-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike4 View Post
                                Yes

I'm working on using the experimental sky for a year, month, day, hour, minute clock so that I can do time compression, I only re-started my subsim from scratch a few days ago I'll post the blueprint on blueprintue.com when I get it done. Still learning as much c++ as I can at the same time, it seems like unreals API is sooo much more complex than learning c++ on its own, Java I have no issues with but Unreals c++ is tough with all the macros and constructors and headers syntax.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224205 for progress and downloads.

Edit: Get well soon DC!
                                Last edited by Nsomnia; 02-10-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X