This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xnihil0zer0 View Post
    Default period for sin and cos nodes is 1 in the material editor, but it's 2pi in blueprints.
    Thanks! Somethings still a bit off, but it's a lot closer now. I'll keep at it...

Comment

Mac version?

Comment

Is the project dead?
        Unreal Developer since Unreal Engine 3

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
          That looks awesome

One thing I was planning to do is copy over UE4's ExponentialHeightFog with the in-scattering to use for underwater fog, as the hacky fog I made is almost the same code anyway. I haven't had a chance to hook that up yet though, since it will need a material parameter collection to pass through the sunlight direction.
          I have been trying to figure out the masking as well. Have you applied your changes into a fork, or into the plugin - or do you have a blueprint I could follow. It would make a big difference to what I am working on, which is a clumsy push camera up/down to avoid the mask problem entirely...

Comment

@Macw0lf - TK-Master's masking of the surface was already a lot better than mine, so I'm just waiting for his version for now.
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Wow, already Xmas? Wonderful attempts creating underwater fog. This is by far one of the best UE4 forum threads.

I can't help with BP coding but hopefully i can use it in a small showcase project next year that may need both underwater fog and landscape height modulation.
              Let's kick Cryengine out of the water.. indeed, this is what we need to top:

Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Climb-Oculus-Rift-Game-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	907.2 KB
ID:	1097446 Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Climb-Crytek.jpg
Size:	810.8 KB
ID:	1097447

I believe that it's possible. You're close.
              Last edited by Kajiisan; 12-23-2015, 01:06 AM.
              Tobias Löffler
              Senior 3D Artist

Comment

Hi,

i just try your project.

That's really a good stuff.

the ocean system work very well for what i need it.
                Do you plan to add more options on the weather system ? like random weather change for snow / rain / sun / fog ?

thx

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 9.25.55 AM.png
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	1098094

Hi,

Thank you for this wonderful project. The waves are great.
                  I have been fiddling around with this for a couple of days now to no avail. After following the wiki and attempting to load the project on its own I cannot seem to get the waves to appear. They appear to be functioning as the objects are bobbing up and down, but the ocean shows up as the infinite noise plane.
                  Any suggestions?

Thanks

I am using Version: 4.10.1
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by hiddenhidden; 01-06-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Hi, try this https://github.com/quantumv/OceanProject/tree/4.10

This should work with 4.10, the old GIT hasnt been updated for 4.10 yet, even if it should work with 4.10 aswell.

But see if this helps!
                    Best regards,
                    Gøran Myrland

Misc Games AS
                    miscgames.no

Comment

Hello DotCam,

What are the licensing plans for the project in its current and final states? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BaekIronFist View Post
                        Hi! When we will get water dynamics and physics like these? Go to 4:07 to see it!

Originally posted by Magneto View Post
                        Ignoring the physics for a sec. Is UE4 even capable of nice looking water like that?

Engine seems great for most stuff but i've yet to see nice looking clear water. Has a plastic look to it compared to even much older games. Nice work on this community project so far though!
                        I would like to know the answers to both of these :/

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                          I tried the updated download as recommended and still run into the default grid texture covering the ocean.
                          When loading I am also told this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 11.56.41 AM.png
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1098152

Last night I tried it on a different machine with 4.10 and had the same issue. Maybe it should also be noted I'm on osx.
                          Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Well i don't have much to offer to the project sorry to say, as i haven't be using unreal for long a month at most, but i did add in a Auto Lighting option for the moon.

All this does is adjust the MoonEmmissiveStrength and DayFadeStrength which is transparency depending on the time of day it uses the default set if Auto Adjust is clicked.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by OverRated_AU; 01-08-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I finish my uni Java course soon and I'm going to take on learning the Unreal 4 API in C++ since they are similar languages it shouldnt take me toooo long and I'd like to start contributing to this project since development has went private or dead. Physics interests me more as well as modifying the engine to enable modding in your game so I'll probably start there but this project is essential to one of my pet projects so I'll definitly be putting some c++ time in when I can in the near-ish future.
                              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I fixed the clouds and also improved the moon a lot thoughts?

Images are from my current project.

Comment

Working...
                                X