This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joplin66 View Post
    Any idea why the edges are white and that whiteness creeps in more when I look down?
    Your question already has been answered after your first comment. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post407202

Comment

This is a great thread! I am doing a lot of research & work for the water in my video game and need need an artist who knows UE4 particle systems. I know I should post in the paid for hire section, but the person I need most likely is within this thread :-)

Comment

I updated my buoyancy component to support water drag based on the shape of the hull. It should prevent boats from sliding sideways when turning.
        It's at my branch here: https://github.com/quantumv/OceanProject/tree/4.10
        You'll need Unreal Engine 4.10 for this version.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubtron View Post
          I updated my buoyancy component to support water drag based on the shape of the hull. It should prevent boats from sliding sideways when turning.
          It's at my branch here: https://github.com/quantumv/OceanProject/tree/4.10
          You'll need Unreal Engine 4.10 for this version.
          Hey Nubtron, I finally had some time to take a closer look at your buoyancy mesh and I have to say you have done a great work implementing it!
          It's a very interesting approach which has the potential to be very realistic and accurate.
          I will be adding your changes to the main branch when I find some time thanks for your contributions!

One thing I noticed is that the buoyancy seems to be way too mass-dependent and requires either tons of damping or too much mass scale to be stable and not fly to space .
          It would be a good idea to implement a mesh density variable to control it (like in my buoyancy component), so that the buoyancy can automatically work for small and large objects correctly without having to mess around with the mass scale.
          Also another idea would be to alter the amount of linear/angular damping depending on how much volume of the mesh is underwater.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
          WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
          WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Thank you so much for this .

Comment

Hello to all. I feel I have this problem with Ocean, virtually all ships viewing them without sails. I can not understand how it is possible! Use UE4.
              The TEAM work with, share the same project, however the display. Can you help me?
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                One thing I noticed is that the buoyancy seems to be way too mass-dependent and requires either tons of damping or too much mass scale to be stable and not fly to space .
                It would be a good idea to implement a mesh density variable to control it (like in my buoyancy component), so that the buoyancy can automatically work for small and large objects correctly without having to mess around with the mass scale.
                Also another idea would be to alter the amount of linear/angular damping depending on how much volume of the mesh is underwater.
                Oh, good idea! I was typing in all the masses manually. Not convenient!

Comment

Originally posted by honaj View Post
                  Any plans for 4.10 support?
                  I'd like to second this request - I was dumb and upgraded my project to 4.10 and now it won't open! If there is a way I can re-compile the plug-in myself from the code on Github I'd be happy to try that, if someone would be kind enough to explain how.

Thanks!

Comment

Well the project doesn't need any changes for 4.10 all you need to do is re-compile.

For those who need a compiled version I have uploaded the compiled binaries only here:
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...11WGpGcklBVnM/

Comment

If this works then I am so grateful.

Comment

Back in business - thank you very much TK-Master! I am still just playing around with blueprints and haven't gotten into the code side of things yet. I probably should though, for the next time I screw something up .

Great plug-in by the way - this has been a real time saver for my little project. Once I get something worth showing I'll be sure to share it here!

Comment

I Am Having This Error... Please Help.....

Running E:/UnrealEngine-4.9.2_NVIDIA_Techs/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe OceanProject Development Win64 -project="C:/Users/Mendax47/Documents/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.9/OceanProject.uproject" -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles
                          @progress push 5%
                          Building UnrealHeaderTool...
                          Creating makefile for UnrealHeaderTool (project files are newer)
                          Target is up to date.
                          Parsing headers for OceanProjectEditor
                          Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:/Users/Mendax47/Documents/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.9/OceanProject.uproject" "C:\Users\Mendax47\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.9\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error"
                          Reflection code generated for OceanProjectEditor in 34.6716521 seconds
                          @progress pop
                          Performing 24 actions (2 in parallel)
                          PCH.OceanProject.h.cpp
                          PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
                          CustomVehicleController.cpp
                          OceanPlugin.generated.cpp
                          BuoyantDestructible.cpp
                          BuoyantDestructibleComponent.cpp
                          SkyManager.cpp
                          FlockFish.cpp
                          FishState.cpp
                          FishManager.cpp
                          TimeManager.cpp
                          BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp
                          E:\UnrealEngine-4.9.2_NVIDIA_Techs\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\PhysXIncludes.h(93) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'flex.h': No such file or directory
                          BuoyancyComponent.cpp
                          TimeDate.cpp
                          OceanManager.cpp
                          InfiniteSystemComponent.cpp
                          OceanPlugin.cpp
                          OceanProject.cpp
                          [19/24] Resource PCLaunch.rc
                          [20/24] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
                          [21/24] Resource PCLaunch.rc
                          [22/24] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
                          [23/24] Link UE4Editor-OceanProject.dll
                          Creating library C:\Users\Mendax47\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.9\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanProject.lib and object C:\Users\Mendax47\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.9\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanProject.exp
                          -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                          ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Mendax47\Documents\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.9\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.exp
                          Total build time: 258.65 seconds

Comment

New binaries work great for me! Thanks a lot

But I've got only question... of course. I tried to resize ocean, make it twice bigger.
                            First throught: rescale the ocean BP! Well, it doesn't work, script draws ocean in old size. I tried to play with many params, also with Infinite Ocean category, nothing makes ocean bigger. Although few params make it smaller
                            So, I what I need to do?

Comment

@Mendax47
                              You need to add Flex in the dependency modules in OceanPlugin.Build.cs like so
                              PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Engine", "Core", "CoreUObject", "InputCore", "PhysX", "APEX", "Flex" });

@kjustynski
                              I guess you are looking for "Scale Min" under the Infinite Ocean System category.
                              You can also lower the Scale Distance Factor to more aggressively scale the ocean based on camera height (Scale by Distance needs to be enabled).

Comment

I have started implementing landscape height modulation so we can prevent waves from penetrating the landscape
                                Here are some screens..

Before

(Click for original size)

After

(Click for original size)

It is not the ideal solution or anything and this method does not change the actual directions of the gerstner waves so it can still look slightly odd at some locations but even so this is without a doubt infinitely times better now
                                The technique uses the landscape's heightmap (exported as png and then imported as texture) but the landscape must have no rotation and this will not work if you have multiple landscapes but you could in theory duplicate the material nodes used to account for more landscapes if needed or you could simply switch the heightmap at runtime based on the player's location.

And since we have the height data we could potentially use it for more things such as better depth foam and such, I have yet to explore that possibility.
                                Also I want to try integrating my interactive water displacement (check it out if you haven't already, link in my signature) so that we can finally have the ships displace the ocean (assuming the performance is good enough)!

It is not ready yet for share I still need to adjust the buoyancy (among other things) to account for the height modulation (I'm thinking of simply doing a trace since reading the heightmap pixels in the cpu might be too costly) or else the buoyancy does not match near the coastline.

Comment

Working...
                                X