X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by FastD View Post
    Sorry for sily question but what i should do to open plug-in and project file in 4.12.4 ? try to compile it but always with errors, maybe who knows how correct compile it ?
    You don't need to open it

Here, follow this:
    https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for sily question but what i should do to open plug-in and project file in 4.12.4 ? try to compile it but always with errors, maybe who knows how correct compile it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, I've done this before but for the life of me, I can't remember how, and I've read about 20 pages of the thread... how do I disable/modify the crosshair in the HUD when it switches to first person?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Orion View Post
    I did do that before I posted here but it didn't seem to have any effect :/ Any other ideas?
    There is a Heightmap/mask right under the landscape on the BP_Ocean. If you load the Default map and change that Heightmap your are going to see what you are talking about, i guess it controls the density/movement of the waves based on black, normal wave movement to white, no movement at all.

i didnt read this part:

Originally posted by Orion
    How would I fix this? and is it possible to do it without a height map? I just built the landscape in UE4 and don't have a height map to import.
    try to export it as a png file from the landscape menu, here is the answerhub question related to it.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...heightmap.html

Hope it helps
    Last edited by gOreteQ; 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rathren View Post
    When you select the ocean_bp in the details panel you can select to use your landscape. Did you do that?
    I did do that before I posted here but it didn't seem to have any effect :/ Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Orion View Post
    Hi there,

First off thanks for making this, it looks incredible. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it to look exactly like some of the example maps, in my own map.

The main issue is the area around the beach, I noticed in the example maps that you have it working where the waves die down and you get foam along the shoreline.

Right now in my project the water just continues to wave right through the landscape.

How would I fix this? and is it possible to do it without a height map? I just built the landscape in UE4 and don't have a height map to import.

Thanks!
    When you select the ocean_bp in the details panal you can select to use your landscape. Did you do that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awezome. Tried it with TrueSky and its great for me that enjoys storms and lightning. Now I can simulate my own storms, when its not a real storm outside

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there,

First off thanks for making this, it looks incredible. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it to look exactly like some of the example maps, in my own map.

The main issue is the area around the beach, I noticed in the example maps that you have it working where the waves die down and you get foam along the shoreline.

Right now in my project the water just continues to wave right through the landscape.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
    You can use a lower res texture but you will have to do some changes so that you can pass the original landscape size manually via parameter.. currently if you plug a low res texture then it will assume your landscape is smaller and therefore will not match the actual landscape in the game.
    Open BP_Ocean and check out the Set Global Parameters function, the heightmap size x,y is taken directly from the texture via GetSizeX, GetSizeY.. you can switch that to a variable which then you can manually set.
    You will also have to do a similar change in the OceanManager.cpp thought so that buoyancy is synced
    So that seems to have worked, in that I am seeing the wave size is being controlled now by a 1024 texture while manually setting the landscape size of 4081x4081 in the function within BP_Ocean. However this now causes my game to crash when trying to simulate in the editor The crash seems to have something to do with linear color? I've tried to look into this crash but can't figure out what could possibly be causing this, any ideas?

EDIT
    - Looks like I spoke too soon! For some reason upon importing the texture, the compression settings were not applied to the new lower resolution texture which was causing the crash. Just went in and manually changed the texture compression settings to match the settings that was automatically applied to the previous high resolution heightmap.
    Last edited by tsnodgrass; 06-24-2016, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fantastic work guys, thanks for that!

As far as I can tell from my first experiments the ocean plane simulates the earth's curvature, is that right? And if so, could someone guide me to the proper blueprint so I could take a look how it's implemented? Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X