This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Korablev View Post
    Hi guys. Again I ask a question to the developers. I have problems with the density of water, and I can customize it for your ship as necessary. In one embodiment, I have a good momentum, but do not have the rotation and stability. Option 2 the water becomes too thick lost momentum, but it appears the stability of the ship, and manageability. I went through a lot of options, and played with the density of water, but to achieve the proper conduct of the ship can not. With proper inertia he refuses to turn, and goes straight for the course. Is it possible to implement so that the side with the influx of water would be strongly resisted the ship? And to stabilize the ship, so that it does not swing? Thanks in advance for a possible solution to the issue!

https://youtu.be/4Mx7JNWeUQg
    To stop the ship from sliding sideways, you could try something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UREJt1.png
Views:	1
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1091719

Comment

I Am Getting Compile Error Don't Know Why..... :/ Any Idea...?

Comment

Hi 01767456513parag,

The guys here are really great at helping out. But, they need something to see to help.. could you cut and paste you output window here that shows the error. That way the peeps here can see what error your getting/
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12042757_984876834903674_3849626039196435179_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1091882
          Does anyone know why the edges of my screen are white and also why when I look down the water illuminates? It's not the water as ive tested with another blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by joplin66 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]62912[/ATTACH]
            Does anyone know why the edges of my screen are white and also why when I look down the water illuminates? It's not the water as ive tested with another blueprint.
            It's due to how screen space reflections work. The dark area in the middle is a screen space reflection of the dark sky. On the edges of your screen there isn't anything to reflect (because it isn't on screen) so it ends up white. You can help it by putting down some reflection capture actors.

Comment

Originally posted by BaekIronFist View Post
              Hi! When we will get water dynamics and physics like these? Go to 4:07 to see it!

Ignoring the physics for a sec. Is UE4 even capable of nice looking water like that?

Engine seems great for most stuff but i've yet to see nice looking clear water. Has a plastic look to it compared to even much older games. Nice work on this community project so far though!

Comment

Hi guys great work on this project it looks amazing. Is there a tutorial or instructions on how to put the sky, ocean, buoyancy into my own project from the example?

Comment

Hello all.
                  I've never used this before and having downloaded the full package I'm unsure as to exactly which folders I extract to which locations? Does it all go in my individual project files? Do I put some of it in the EpicGames\4.9\Engine... ?I have searched this thread but can only pick up pieces and I'm getting a bit confused. It's my first plugin! Please be gentle!
                  Regards
                  Slinky

Comment

So I migrated the bpocean and bpsky. I want the ocean and sky in my project to look exactly like the ocean project. Going through the details from the Ocean/sky Project and changing everything the same on mine. it ends up not looking similar. These are images showing the differences. I am new to this which is why this isn't so simple for me lol. Is there any instructions or tutorials on how to exactly import every blue print or even something like how to put my landscape into the Ocean Project but not as a static mesh because i still have some tweaking once i get the correct Ocean and Sky. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out much appreciated.

Some Issuses,

sky Lighting
                    wave smoothness
                    ocean water lighting
                    ocean shader
                    no calender on sky
                    Attached Files

Comment

https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

Comment

Any plans for 4.10 support?

Comment

The github hasnt been updated in months so I assume nothing.... try compiling it on 4.10 on vs '13 and '15 and see what happens.

PS in the last few pages I've seen questions being asked over and over agian that either a) have been answered before in this thread countless times b)are due to not enough basic skills in ue4 yet or c)thinking a free community project is a answer for everything and will also receive support like a paid plugin (i could add d) no common sense)

Do some research in the thread first!
                          Last edited by Nsomnia; 10-29-2015, 04:33 PM.
                          Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hey everyone, unfortunately I don't have as much free time to spend on the project as I would like, so you are most likely not going to see any new features from me any time soon (although I am slowly cooking something ).

However I will be updating the project for 4.10 (as soon as the non-preview version is out) and any future releases, so you don't have to worry about that at least.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                            WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                            WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Korablev thanks for the instruction link. Helped me out a lot, you're the best.

Comment

Any idea why the edges are white and that whiteness creeps in more when I look down?Click image for larger version

Name:	12042757_984876834903674_3849626039196435179_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1092381

Comment

Working...
                                X