This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ericfisher View Post
    I'm trying to reference the speed of each fish in an Animation Blueprint, since I've made new FlockFish objects with new models that have multiple animations etc. The problem is that the FlockFish objects don't have a MovementComponent, and the AnimGraph instructional stuff assumes you're working with the player in third person.

I tried tacking on a FloatingPawnMovement component to my FlockFish object, but that's still not giving me a speed (extracted from the vector length of the pawn's velocity). I still just get zeros.

So I guess what this comes down to is, how does FishManager move the FlockFish actors? Is there a way that I can reference their speed in an Animation Graph?
    what you need is get curSpeed value of AFlockFish
    it's not UPROPERTY(BluePrint Read//Write) so you have to change it.
    AFlockFish doesn't have movementcomponent and velocity, so it's zero naturally
    Last edited by mygod; 10-12-2015, 11:03 PM. Reason: more explanation

Comment

Originally posted by somawheels View Post
      could someone please tell me how i make this project work (4.91)? I cant just open it, it says "UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.dll is missing or built with a different version, would you like to rebuild now?" I press yes, but it says "OceanProject could not be compiled. try rebuilding from source manually"

I don't see a full explanation anywhere. someone please help
      Did you have Visual Studio installed?
      And if so, open OceanProject.sIn with Visual Studio and build it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by azegabriel View Post
        Can someone help me with this, I'm not making any progress TBH, can't figure out how to have some sort of collision between the ocean and a cilinder.

Basically I want to build an underwater tower but without water in it. But whenever i submerge the hollowed cilinder (static mesh) it fills with water. Any ideas?

This is how it looks like : https://i.imgur.com/YhNJczC.jpg
        Try fixing the angle of the plane so it does not stretch that far beyond the shoreline. i.e. check below the ground's surface to see how far you are overlapping with the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubtron View Post
          Hi!

I made a mesh-based buoyancy component.

Tip: Use a simple, low poly mesh for the hull and avoid hollow spaces.
          hi dear Nubtron, your addition is amazing!

I would like to ask about your tip, what is an estimated maximal poly count for fast buoyancy check?
          I have a 13K poly version of my ship which seems fit to your tip (I think) but it doesnt contain the proper details I would need... the version B has 112K polys which seems far too big?
          (my little project is about 1:1 battles, so there is up to 2 models in scene)

thanks

Comment

13k is definitely way too much. In the original article, the author uses about 35 triangles for his ship!

You should use an invisible simplified model for the physics, and a separate visible detailed model for the graphics.

You can set the BuoyantMeshComponent as a child of your main StaticMeshComponent, then uncheck "Visible" in the BuoyantMeshComponent. Just make sure your main StaticMeshComponent has "Simulate Physics" enabled and is movable.

Comment

So I'm trying to add this to my project and it looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocean1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	814.3 KB
ID:	1091266

and the blueprint looks like this:

Name:	Ocean2.png
Size:	987.6 KB
ID:	1091267

Got the plugin installed, all assets, etc. I got the 4.8 version and our project is running 4.9. Could that be the issue? Because If I open just the Ocean Project I get this:

Name:	Ocean3.jpg
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	1091268

Name:	Ocean4.png
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	1091269

Running a GTX 970 on Win 10. I can provide more info if needed. Any quick thoughts? I ran through all the material render options and none of them work.

-Thanks!

Also checked all materials, they are all compiling fine.
              Last edited by LordTorsten85; 10-14-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubtron View Post
                13k is definitely way too much. In the original article, the author uses about 35 triangles for his ship!

You should use an invisible simplified model for the physics, and a separate visible detailed model for the graphics.

You can set the BuoyantMeshComponent as a child of your main StaticMeshComponent, then uncheck "Visible" in the BuoyantMeshComponent. Just make sure your main StaticMeshComponent has "Simulate Physics" enabled and is movable.
                thanks
                13K the whole model, but I will follow your advice.

Comment

Would someone be willing to explain how I would add this to my own project?

I tried copying the Plugin folder to the root of my own project, verified that the plugin was installed via Edit -> Plugins. However, I'm not sure how to add the new BP_Ocean to my scene. When I search for the asset ('ocean'), I only see an Ocean Manager displayed. This object looks nothing like the one in the demo scene. What steps do I need to take to get this to work?

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry.Richards View Post
                    Would someone be willing to explain how I would add this to my own project?

I tried copying the Plugin folder to the root of my own project, verified that the plugin was installed via Edit -> Plugins. However, I'm not sure how to add the new BP_Ocean to my scene. When I search for the asset ('ocean'), I only see an Ocean Manager displayed. This object looks nothing like the one in the demo scene. What steps do I need to take to get this to work?

Thank you for the help.
                    You'll want to open up the example project, and then find BP_Ocean and right click it and select Migrate, then find and select the Content folder of your project in the folder selection dialog that opens.
                    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Thank you n00854180t

It seems that migrating may be a little harder to integrate updates when they occur.

Comment

How do I get rid or change this ugly green colour in the ocean?

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Size:	860.2 KB
ID:	1091463

Comment

Is there better boat handle to be more realistic ??

Comment

Hi guys. Again I ask a question to the developers. I have problems with the density of water, and I can customize it for your ship as necessary. In one embodiment, I have a good momentum, but do not have the rotation and stability. Option 2 the water becomes too thick lost momentum, but it appears the stability of the ship, and manageability. I went through a lot of options, and played with the density of water, but to achieve the proper conduct of the ship can not. With proper inertia he refuses to turn, and goes straight for the course. Is it possible to implement so that the side with the influx of water would be strongly resisted the ship? And to stabilize the ship, so that it does not swing? Thanks in advance for a possible solution to the issue!

https://youtu.be/4Mx7JNWeUQg

Name:	I7GijoVgyYs.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1091654

Comment

Hi! When we will get water dynamics and physics like these? Go to 4:07 to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by BaekIronFist View Post
                                Hi! When we will get water dynamics and physics like these? Go to 4:07 to see it!
                                The solution offered here works different to the one you showed.
                                It looks more like a particle-based simulation, so I would say you can get the same (or better) results with Nvidia Flex as it's exactly made for scenarios like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X