Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ran into a Visual Error with the Experimental Skydome, not sure if you knew about it or not but here's an image: http://postimg.org/image/9abyhca4t/aa67edf9/
    Is there a quick fix I can apply?

I'm using the 9/3/2015 update from Git, and UE4 4.9

Oh and Awesome project DotCam and all contributors to it I love it.

P.S.

As I seem to experiment with this some more, it seems that it's the Cloud Cover Settings, anything Above 1.0 causes that shimmering in the Image.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darkkitten; 09-04-2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

You have a Mac fix but don't support OpenGL yet?

Anyway, me too I'm looking forward for a Linux version.
      THANKS

Comment

Wow, i am still impressed how this project moves forward! If you don't mind - i have a question.

Is there any approach on dealing with the transition between the ocean surface and the
        underlying water surface using a post process that will blend into the typical dark blue environment?

I know it might work with a box, but would be cool to inherit the oceans displacement.
        KhenaB made such a cool translation but i think he used a simple plane inside the ships cabin.
        (source: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...progress/page5)

GTA V faked it quite good by skipping the part by switching the camera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9k3u2giOw,
        but i am more looking forward to first person and within the desired smooth effect.

Regardless this, outstanding work! Looking forward to test it in 4.9 - Thank you!
        Last edited by Kajiisan; 09-05-2015, 10:13 AM.
        Tobias Löffler
        Senior 3D Artist

Comment

So now Im getting a wierd error in VS

1>------ Build started: Project: TikiGalore, Configuration: Development_Game x64 ------
          1> Performing 18 actions (4 in parallel)
          1> PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
          1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TikiGalore\Development\OceanPlugin\PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp': No such file or directory
          1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
          1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\TikiGalore-OceanPlugin.lib
          1> Total build time: 2.80 seconds
          1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "S:\Abyss_Development\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat TikiGalore Win64 Development "S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\TikiGalore.uproject"" exited with code -1.
          ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and when I try to run it directly it asks to rebuld the plugins dlls and it fails to build
          My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
          My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
          Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

Originally posted by HughieDM View Post
            So now Im getting a wierd error in VS

1>------ Build started: Project: TikiGalore, Configuration: Development_Game x64 ------
            1> Performing 18 actions (4 in parallel)
            1> PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
            1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TikiGalore\Development\OceanPlugin\PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp': No such file or directory
            1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
            1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\TikiGalore-OceanPlugin.lib
            1> Total build time: 2.80 seconds
            1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "S:\Abyss_Development\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat TikiGalore Win64 Development "S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\TikiGalore.uproject"" exited with code -1.
            ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and when I try to run it directly it asks to rebuld the plugins dlls and it fails to build
            Did you download the latest version posted just a coupledays ago to github by DotCam? The -1 exit code makes me tihnk source code error, weird bugs usually exit with -3. try temporarily removing /plugins/oceanplugin/ and then regenerate project files, and see if a clean rebuild works. Also make sure your games core module is in order spelling etc.
            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I got it working sorry I totally didnt realize I was just doing a development build and not a development editor build!:/

As always thanx!
              Last edited by HughieDM; 09-07-2015, 06:32 PM.
              My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
              My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
              Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

The ocean looks so real I feel like I could touch it, amazing work
                Check out the horror themed adventure game RELAPSE

Comment

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread and the original authors for their development, contribution, and expert skill producing excellent wave motion and effects, and then sharing that information with others in this community freely. Well I'm new to Unreal4 from Arma3, and was noticing a lack of shared information especially in relation to free assets and weapons etc until I saw this thread. I was also just about to uninstall Unreal4. The idea of a freely made Community Project/GAME (eg a Worldmap) that we can all attribute to sounds like a great idea. I can only image an amazing FPS game like Arma3 on Unreal4 that is visually perfect in all aspects, a lifelong Project that everyone could play and enjoy, make Mods, etc. Even your children could inherit/play. Sharing of profits and contribution should come at the end of the Project rather than peace meal market sharing of selected assets. Food for thought? Anyone interested in such a Large Community Project just let me know.

Cheers Dex

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                    Are you using the no gerstner version with SSR or without? SSR is going to provide the majority of the reflections, so that is the first thing to check.

Have you scaled anything up at all? The second image looks like SSS (SubSurface Scattering, the turquoise color) has been stretched quite a bit, but it's hard to tell from that angle.

It is really hard to tell from those images what is going on, could you please take a screenshot of the settings you are using for the ocean? I tested it out earlier and was not able to reproduce this, so I'm not entirely sure what is going on.

And for confirmation, is your skydome blueprint named "BP_SkySphere", "BP_Skydome", or "BP_Sky"? Could you also select it in the scene and post a screenshot showing the details panel (specifically the Sun and Atmosphere sections).

EDIT: Also remove the reflection capture for now, it does not provide proper reflections when using dynamic lighting. 4.9 will introduce a new feature for that, but for now it does not really help. Make sure your lights are all set to movealbe too.
                    It's "skydome".. I've done everything you've said but with no success. However I was able to use your project as a base for my own. That worked out nicely untily yesterday, when the same issue appeared out of nowhere.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	refl.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1087586

See that the left side reflectsa really bright part of the sky that simply isn't there.. I'll try to dig a little deeper after the winery challenge deadline. Back to Epic's lame water for this...
                    I'll stick to the skydome!

Comment

I looked around a bit, but couldn't see how to enable the infinite ocean feature, anyone know?
                      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                        EDIT: Also remove the reflection capture for now, it does not provide proper reflections when using dynamic lighting. 4.9 will introduce a new feature for that, but for now it does not really help. Make sure your lights are all set to movealbe too.
                        What new feature is this? It really bugged me when I found out reflection captures were useless with a fully dynamic setup.
                        --
                        Joshua
                        Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                        www.joshuaezzell.com
                        www.druidgameworks.com

Comment

Hey DotCam, I'm just curious to know what will be the next thing you will change on the water (or sky or whatever). Continue on this way and have a good day !

Comment

I just downloaded this and started messing with it a bit.

I'm currently working on adding adaptive tessellation LOD, depth bias wave and undulation height masking (smaller to no waves/undulation at the shoreline) as well as a few other rendering optimizations to the water materials.

I will let you know how it turns out and share with the project manager.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Can't wait to see your improvements CharlestonS!
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

So I've been trying to get this sweet looking ocean working in my project, and the instructions in the wiki seem simple enough, but I get as far as Step #5: dropping BP_Ocean into my map, and the editor wont let me? If I try to edit BP_Ocean, I get: "Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn't been removed!"

The example maps work fine, but I would really rather avoid having to rebuild everything else on top of one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X