Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Quick note:

    Ver 4.9 has been released, and TK-Master was able to create a new branch for ver 4.9 on GitHub (available here). There were a few breaking changes that needed to be fixed, Epic had moved some code around so he had to re-write a couple of the classes in code. Therefore upgrading your project from 4.8 will not work without making some changes.

    If you need to upgrade your 4.8 project, please see my post below.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by DotCam; 08-31-2015, 03:19 PM. Reason: added more info in a new post.
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

    Comment


      If you only need the updated plugin for 4.9 (for those who are using their own project), you can download the new plugin below. So long as you haven't made any custom code changes to the plugin itself (in C++), this should be all you need to do to get up and running in 4.9. If you have made changes to the code, you will need to manually update the changed code files in your project with the changes on GitHub.

      If you have not edited the Plugin, follow these steps:

      Download the new plugin here:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u...ew?usp=sharing

      Open your ProjectName\Plugins folder in Windows Explorer and delete (or remove) the "OceanPlugin" folder that is currently in the Plugins folder, then un-zip the file you downloaded into the Plugins folder.

      If you have edited the plugin, please PM me if you have any trouble getting up and running.

      For everyone who wants all of the sample content and the latest plugin, simply download the 4.9 build available here:
      https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...oject/tree/4.9

      Thanks!
      Last edited by DotCam; 08-31-2015, 03:39 PM.
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

      Comment


        Originally posted by DotCam View Post
        If you only need the updated plugin for 4.9 (for those who are using their own project), you can download the new plugin below. So long as you haven't made any custom code changes to the plugin itself (in C++), this should be all you need to do to get up and running in 4.9. If you have made changes to the code, you will need to manually update the changed code files in your project with the changes on GitHub.

        If you have not edited the Plugin, follow these steps:

        Download the new plugin here:
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u...ew?usp=sharing

        Open your ProjectName\Plugins folder in Windows Explorer and delete (or remove) the "OceanPlugin" folder that is currently in the Plugins folder, then un-zip the file you downloaded into the Plugins folder.

        If you have edited the plugin, please PM me if you have any trouble getting up and running.

        For everyone who wants all of the sample content and the latest plugin, simply download the 4.9 build available here:
        https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...oject/tree/4.9

        Thanks!
        download it, and project when i open it - crashed. already trying many times.

        Comment


          Originally posted by dragonikus View Post
          download it, and project when i open it - crashed. already trying many times.
          Make sure you open it from 4.9, don't double click your project file:

          Open the Launcher and launch 4.9, then in the dialog that pops up click browse and locate your project.

          Can you confirm this is the way you are trying to open your project? Make sure you always choose "Convert a Copy" so you can roll back if there are any issues.
          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

          Comment


            I,m following all the instructions but "UE4Editor-OceanProject.dll" isn't compatible with 4.9.

            "UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.dll" works fine but "UE4Editor-OceanProject.dll" give the problem of "built with different engine version".

            Comment


              Originally posted by Borja View Post
              I,m following all the instructions but "UE4Editor-OceanProject.dll" isn't compatible with 4.9.

              "UE4Editor-OceanPlugin.dll" works fine but "UE4Editor-OceanProject.dll" give the problem of "built with different engine version".
              You have to add the /source/ folder from the 4.9 project zip and rename all the OceanGame instances to yourGameNameThere including file names. .Target.cs and the like.
              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

              Comment


                Thanks! it works!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                  If you only need the updated plugin for 4.9 (for those who are using their own project), you can download the new plugin below. So long as you haven't made any custom code changes to the plugin itself (in C++), this should be all you need to do to get up and running in 4.9. If you have made changes to the code, you will need to manually update the changed code files in your project with the changes on GitHub.

                  If you have not edited the Plugin, follow these steps:

                  Download the new plugin here:
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u...ew?usp=sharing

                  Open your ProjectName\Plugins folder in Windows Explorer and delete (or remove) the "OceanPlugin" folder that is currently in the Plugins folder, then un-zip the file you downloaded into the Plugins folder.

                  If you have edited the plugin, please PM me if you have any trouble getting up and running.

                  For everyone who wants all of the sample content and the latest plugin, simply download the 4.9 build available here:
                  https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...oject/tree/4.9

                  Thanks!
                  I downloaded the complete project, but when I try to open it in UE4 it sais that oceanplugin.dll and oceanproject.dll are having modules missing or are built in another engine version, and after I press Yes to rebuild them it fails. I am using 4.9

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by katta View Post
                    I downloaded the complete project, but when I try to open it in UE4 it sais that oceanplugin.dll and oceanproject.dll are having modules missing or are built in another engine version, and after I press Yes to rebuild them it fails. I am using 4.9
                    Read my directions above. Is the source folder there and all the files named OceanGame filenames and inside files?
                    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

                    Comment


                      Hey Ive been trying to get our mac build going and had a weird error

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.51.07 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1086898

                      I have no clue what this means but I do know it is a class in the ocean plugin

                      any idea what to do for this?
                      My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
                      My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
                      Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                        You have to add the /source/ folder from the 4.9 project zip and rename all the OceanGame instances to yourGameNameThere including file names. .Target.cs and the like.
                        Sorry. You can tell us more? I translate from English into Russian and do not understand the details.

                        Step 1. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-03 12-38-15 Скриншот экрана.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1086925
                        Step 2. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-03 12-41-01 Скриншот экрана.png
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1086926
                        Step 3. Insert files where?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Korablev View Post
                          Sorry. You can tell us more? I translate from English into Russian and do not understand the details.
                          Step 2. [ATTACH=CONFIG]55523[/ATTACH]
                          Step 3. Insert files where?
                          No that is not the right location (in the image above), you should extract the content to the location you keep your Projects.

                          By default, that folder is:
                          C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Unreal Engine

                          Make sure you remove the OceanProject folder from:
                          C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source

                          and move it (or extract a new copy) to the projects folder in your documents. Once it is there, open the folder and double click the OceanProject.uproject file to open it in UE4.

                          The Source folder Nsomnia was referring to is the Source folder in the OceanProject folder itself. If you are just trying to run the project you can ignore that part.
                          Last edited by DotCam; 09-03-2015, 11:31 AM.
                          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                          Comment


                            Sorry for all the issues guys, there were some breaking changes in ver 4.9 that are making this more difficult than it needs to be.

                            @HughieDM: I will push an update to fix that issue in a few minutes, that error does not show up in Visual Studio on PC... sorry about that, the class isn't being used at this point.
                            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                            Comment


                              Ok 4.9 branch has just been updated with:

                              - Fix for compiling on a Mac, commented out un-used code
                              - Fix for odd moon rotation values
                              - Fix for TimeScale, it was being multiplied by 60 erroneously.
                              TimeScale=1 will produce: 1sec real time == 1sec game time

                              Let me know if you have any further upgrading issues.

                              --------------------

                              Regarding OpenGL support, it is going to be much more difficult than I first thought to get an OpenGL implementation that is on par with DX11. Some sacrifices will need to be made to the look of the material, something I had hoped to avoid. Will update with more info on this soon.

                              --------------------

                              Further updates to the weather/sun/moon will be up shortly, had a couple of bugs come up that are delaying it's release.
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                              Comment


                                Is there a link Im missing for the update?

                                Again great work and thanx!
                                My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
                                My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
                                Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X