This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Anyone had luck with Waveworks ever? I can't apply textures to the surface, the detail is lost, its like the UVs aren't proper or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by alllesss View Post
    Guys I'm trying to Package my project [wind64- Unreal 4.12.5] including this pack but I'm getting this error :

Code:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure
    I've gone through this thread and seems like other people have some similar issues with packaging too. Is there any workaround for this ?! or should we wait for 4.13 ?!
    I was having the same trouble but resolved by compiling the code in VS2015 including the Ocean plug in, I also striped out a lot of the items I didnt need before packaging. If you go back to page 40 you can see my long post of what I was going through I hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey just a quick question. Planar reflections are broken at the moment for VR. what can I do to not use Planar reflections. When i disable it the water goes black.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yoyomike View Post
    That black horizon seam line is ruining the whole effect, otherwise, its beautiful, the water needs more random values in color, and normal, regular water doesn't just sit.
    When you look at photos of tropical islands you can see a dark line where the deep water begins, I tried to recreate that with ExponentialHeightFog but it doesn't really work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys I'm trying to Package my project [wind64- Unreal 4.12.5] including this pack but I'm getting this error :

Code:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure
    I've gone through this thread and seems like other people have some similar issues with packaging too. Is there any workaround for this ?! or should we wait for 4.13 ?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, how's progress coming on the shore wake foam and waves?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dogsofknowledge View Post
    Hey, I'm using your ocean in my project and it looks amazing! Thank you for all your work and for making this free

That black horizon seam line is ruining the whole effect, otherwise, its beautiful, the water needs more random values in color, and normal, regular water doesn't just sit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, I'm using your ocean in my project and it looks amazing! Thank you for all your work and for making this free

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool. I believe those highlighted green areas is the SSS? Because it is much better this way, where appear more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
    Progress is been made on the GPU implementation.
    I'm currently out of town for vacation.. I can still work on my laptop but progress will most likely be slow for the next few weeks

In the meantime, here's an (early wip) screen of a new water shader I'm working on, using a custom lighting model.

It is so cool, want it bad!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm currently out of town for vacation.. I can still work on my laptop but progress will most likely be slow for the next few weeks

In the meantime, here's an (early wip) screen of a new water shader I'm working on, using a custom lighting model.

That looks great man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I may...MAY have migrated CONTENT into content...I need to check. Baaaw.

Leave a comment:

• replied

YES! Cant wait for the update when this beauty gets in! By the way for custom lighting model, does that mean that shader itself is using/having it, or does scene has to contribute to some special non-default dirrectional light?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
    My co founder is trying to get our project going on his mac, stock ue4 install, xcode installed, nothing set (new to UE4, but very experiance with cpp) and he gets these warnings on just ocean files when compiling any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/c8aDimye - Compile log with warnings, but no errors. Then the project fails to compile.

No problems on PC for either of us so repo/source/etc is fine AFAICT.

There seems to not even be a log file generated, thats as much of the warnings/fail compile as can get before the UnrealBuiltTool closes.

I should note it works for other win users fine as well.

Edit: finally got a full log inside of xcode, really weird errors i cant pin it down to anywhere to start.
    http://pastebin.com/uM7HMT0i
    When I was digging through the 40 pages looking around for answers, I saw a few times that it isn't supported on Mac or any openGL device. One of my dev buddies is on a mac and he couldn't run it either.

ADD+ I had an idea that it might work with the changes in 4.13.1 preview soon since they added a lot of mac specific features, maybe he could see what needs to change and get ahead of the curve.
    Last edited by Vexar; 08-11-2016, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X