X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
    The issue is the sky HUD doesnt compile in a level BP so you cook that level or a memory reference to that level and it fails. I think its Island_Map or either wya one of the ocean maps, check the level BP and delete the OLD_HUD sky bit. It doesnt compile and definitly doesnt cook.
    Thank you! I removed all the unnecessary files including HUD and now its packaging without any errors!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tozan View Post
    I expected the project files to be in zip format not in a directory structure. So I don't know which files I need to download
    to install or migrate this plugin into my project.

But it looks like people have been having problems running it on 4.12. As that's the version of the engine I have.
    Its ran fine on every engine verison since it was an old blueprint setup. Never an issue i've been with this project dayin and out since about 4.6.

It will ask you to build because theres source code!

The folders are in a directory structure (which are in a zip if you download from the repository so im confused how your saying its not one or the other when both are true) because its a demo project, hence OCEANDEMO. Simply migrate the entire content folder from the RUNNING OceanDemo projcet into your CLOSED project and then copy the /source/ and /plugins/ folder from OceanDemo to YourProject root folders and then rename the source code module names and such (see below).

You also need to edit your build.cs and your gamemodule and gamemodule editor code to be renamed for YOUR projects name, replacing OceanDemo strings, did you do that? That would cause these errors your having.

Can you post your /source/ YOURPROJECT.Target.cs and YOURPROJECTEditor.Target.cs as well as /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.Build.cs as well as /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.cpp and /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.h as well as ensuring they are named the same as YOURPROJECT.uproject?

Originally posted by tozan View Post
    If people are modifying the engine code and releasing their projects or tutorials based off their modified engine code, it is likely to cause file dependency problems when they are migrated or loaded into normal unmodified engines and this is WHAT I DON"T LIKE about the Unreal Engine is all the problems with other file dependencies that it causing, all because the engine is not backwards compatible.

That's why I can't get tutorials or projects to run very well on 4.12 when they have been made in 4.8 ect. when i try to do them because of file dependency problems that keep cropping up, it causes problems for the blueprints and breaks the blueprints nodes and causes compiler errrors. I couldn't get the Ledge Grabber project to migrate from 4.8 to 4.12. just crashed the engine.
    The ocean project in no way modifies any engine source. If it did it wouldnt even run most likely. LedgeGrabber may very well have a module/source/etc. that needs setting up as well. You cant expect plug and play for everything. Downlaod 4.8.3 and run ledgeGrabber so you have a reference then migrate to your 4.12.x project and see what got deprecated (depreacted means something got old and replaced with a newer "version" in the upcoming version after it was deprecated), by simply seeing what blueprint errors (or code if its code based) you have and fixing the (most likely small amount of) errors it spits out.

Its very rare I find a project from 4.4 forwards that wont run on 4.12.x as long as theres no code, and any deprecated blueprint member function nodes etc. are usually a small amount, they strive for backwards compatibility.

Another thing. When your game is ready to be developed to the public stick with an engine vesrion and leave it. pull in changes from github that you NEED and run a custom build among your team.

If you just want the plugin just download the /plugin/ and /source/ folders.

If you want the content that uses the plugin, copy the content.

If you want the whole project, do both or just rename OceanDemo to MyLittleProject in the source files and uproject and recompile and go happily developing.

Also, try delteing /intermediate/ and /saved/ and if all else fails /binaries/ and .sln: nice and clean.
    Last edited by Nsomnia; 08-22-2016, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If people are modifying the engine code and releasing their projects or tutorials based off their modified engine code, it is likely to cause file dependency problems when they are migrated or loaded into normal unmodified engines and this is WHAT I DON"T LIKE about the Unreal Engine is all the problems with other file dependencies that it causing, all because the engine is not backwards compatible.

That's why I can't get tutorials or projects to run very well on 4.12 when they have been made in 4.8 ect. when i try to do them because of file dependency problems that keep cropping up, it causes problems for the blueprints and breaks the blueprints nodes and causes compiler errrors. I couldn't get the Ledge Grabber project to migrate from 4.8 to 4.12. just crashed the engine.
    Last edited by tozan; 08-22-2016, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I expected the project files to be in zip format not in a directory structure. So I don't know which files I need to download
    to install or migrate this plugin into my project.

But it looks like people have been having problems running it on 4.12. As that's the version of the engine I have.
    Last edited by tozan; 08-22-2016, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
    Migrate the content folder to your project and copy th eplugins folder to /plugins/
    I did this and i still had to reconnect all the functions and parameter collection and everything else
    Maybe it's because i'm using a modified version of the engine?
    it forced me to do a build the first time i loaded the project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Seehr View Post
    Hello guys, i was trying to implement this in my project and when copied everything and opened the project it forced me to do a build. I did and everything was inside but i had to reconnect basically every shader and re-copy all the materials and blueprints. I'm guessing i did something wrong? (i am using this plugin inside an editor already modified which is runned trough github).

After i copied everything and spend a couple hours re writing everything so it mimic the project one (does everyone have to do this or is there a faster/better way to implement this??) this is what i got:[ATTACH=CONFIG]107421[/ATTACH]

there is blank where the waves are supposed to be. Is there a way to fix this? i checked everything referencing the waves. The material, mesh, blueprint, everyhing! help me pleaseeeeee

thanks a lot in advance!
    Seehr
    Migrate the content folder to your project and copy th eplugins folder to /plugins/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello guys, i was trying to implement this in my project and when copied everything and opened the project it forced me to do a build. I did and everything was inside but i had to reconnect basically every shader and re-copy all the materials and blueprints. I'm guessing i did something wrong? (i am using this plugin inside an editor already modified which is runned trough github).

After i copied everything and spend a couple hours re writing everything so it mimic the project one (does everyone have to do this or is there a faster/better way to implement this??) this is what i got:Click image for larger version

Name:	Captu22ra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	868.8 KB
ID:	1114181

there is blank where the waves are supposed to be. Is there a way to fix this? i checked everything referencing the waves. The material, mesh, blueprint, everyhing! help me pleaseeeeee

thanks a lot in advance!
    Seehr
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by alllesss View Post
    Guys I'm trying to Package my project [wind64- Unreal 4.12.5] including this pack but I'm getting this error :

Code:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure
    I've gone through this thread and seems like other people have some similar issues with packaging too. Is there any workaround for this ?! or should we wait for 4.13 ?!
    The issue is the sky HUD doesnt compile in a level BP so you cook that level or a memory reference to that level and it fails. I think its Island_Map or either wya one of the ocean maps, check the level BP and delete the OLD_HUD sky bit. It doesnt compile and definitly doesnt cook.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jabeds View Post
    I have directly copied the demo maps over to a new project but when viewed in the new project the underwater visual effect does not work at all.
    Look in the level BP of the stock project you need to figureout a way to findout when the camera is underwater and thus apply the PP effects in the underwater volume. You need underwater BP, PP underwater set to PP_Underwater_inst_2 and the logic that when camera goes underwtaer is calls bool isUnderwater() == true on a do once and then resets the inverse which sets it to false when its above. These functions take the player camera location and compare it to the oceans GetWaveHeightValue(bool twoIterations, FVector locIn, &FVector OutDifference, bool& OutBIsUnderwater) (or something like that) and then they subtract 10 cm for extra sureness.

Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
    Hey -

I see the folder "4.12 Shaders (by LeFxGuy)" and the contents inside - im not sure how to "add" these or where to add .....
    This maybe whats causing people (including myself) to have issues with the PP_Global not displaying the underwater effects.
    I have copy/pasted items from this project to my own, everything but the underwater view works (the blue postprocessing). I have been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours no, no luck.
    Any direction from those that have it working (4.12.5) ?
    PP_Global does not display underwater effects. PP_Underwater_inst_2 and BP_Underwater with a PP_Underwatervolume AND a way to enable it when underwater do. The shaders go in your 4.12/engine/shaders/* where all the unreal shader files are (.usf)
    Close editor first, restart and hit ctrl + shift + comma to recompile editor shaders. Same way its been since... 4.8 or so?

Boom bang bing.
    Last edited by Nsomnia; 08-22-2016, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey -

I see the folder "4.12 Shaders (by LeFxGuy)" and the contents inside - im not sure how to "add" these or where to add .....
    This maybe whats causing people (including myself) to have issues with the PP_Global not displaying the underwater effects.
    I have copy/pasted items from this project to my own, everything but the underwater view works (the blue postprocessing). I have been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours no, no luck.
    Any direction from those that have it working (4.12.5) ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have directly copied the demo maps over to a new project but when viewed in the new project the underwater visual effect does not work at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dogsofknowledge View Post
    It's probably a Skylight isssue, try setting your skylight to movable and increasing the intensity.
    You were right, thank you! As I deleted my skylight and added the blueprint for the ocean everything changed. The lightning is messed up now and I have lots of new stuff to mess around with. Is there any tutorial explaining how to properly set the plugin up. I couldn't find any here and I am completely new to this subject. Any help is much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SirPixell View Post
    No matter what I do my ocean always looks do dark / dirty. I even tried to copy the exact same settings from the demo project ocean but it just looks completely different. Does anyone know why? I mean settings are settings. How can the outcome of my ocean look totally different then the one provided within the demo project?
    It's probably a Skylight isssue, try setting your skylight to movable and increasing the intensity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SirPixell View Post
    No matter what I do my ocean always looks do dark / dirty. I even tried to copy the exact same settings from the demo project ocean but it just looks completely different. Does anyone know why? I mean settings are settings. How can the outcome of my ocean look totally different then the one provided within the demo project?
    Post process volume.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X