Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt look at any of your test points. But your fluid density should be like 500. Have you checked physics settings?
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I will try that. Physics are turned on.
      Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

Comment

With fluid density on 500 and mesh density on 1000, it still doesn't work:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	No Bouancy.png
Views:	1
Size:	850.3 KB
ID:	1083699

Does collision make any difference?

Comment

We are using this plugin for our game Fishing: Barents Sea, is there an good way to implement boat wakes waves, something like Risc is doing?

I've tried to find some information how to make good boat wakes, but its very hard to find anything about this matter.

Thanks in advance
          Best regards,
          Gøran Myrland

Misc Games AS
          miscgames.no

Comment

Hope someone can help.. I am actually interested in the FishManager more than the ocean.

I was wanting to spawn the Manager in different areas and then destroy it (and associated fish) when the player moved out of the area, and then respawn in the new area, etc. (Basically different areas around an island.) Spawning crashed UE4 and I couldn't get it working, so I added an Enabled boolean to the C++ class, so when it starts up it basically idles until you set Enabled. Added a trigger volume, which turns on it on and off successfully when going in/out. I also loop through all fish actors and destroy them so they don't consume resources while you are on land.

So I thought I had this licked, until I tried to create another BP_FishManager instance somewhere else. It correctly spawns the fish selections chosen, but it spawns them in the ORIGINAL fishmanager location!? Instead of instancing the blueprint, I created a duplicate blueprint for the other location, and each one had it's own instance.. same story.. it's as if the FishManager object when instantiated somehow servers all instances of the blueprint...?!

Can anyone help with this.. it's a very cool addition to my level, and this would really allow me to use it effectively. At worst I will create an entirely new cpp/header if I have too. .but that's a last resort!

Thanks
            Stuart

Name:	fishy2.png
Size:	543.0 KB
ID:	1083810
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Macw0lf; 08-15-2015, 12:08 AM.

Comment

ARK: survival evolved is now available for free to mod. Maybe there are some features in that game, which can improve the weather and ocean simulator?

Comment

I attached the BouancyForce to the Body, now it doesn't sink anymore! But instead the ship gets trown in the air when it hits the water...

Where is the option to see the test points in the viewport of the blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Finntastic View Post
                  I attached the BouancyForce to the Body, now it doesn't sink anymore! But instead the ship gets trown in the air when it hits the water...

Where is the option to see the test points in the viewport of the blueprint.
                  Hi there,

To see the test points, open the blueprint and select the Viewport tab, then in the Components list select the BuoyancyForce component, which will show all of the properties in the Details panel. Under the Buoyancy Settings section, expand the properties using the down arrow button at the bottom, and enable "Draw Debug Points". You should be able to move them into the proper positions, try adjusting the other settings to get it working well for your ship.

One other thing necessary is ensuring the Mass of your ship is within an acceptable range. To change the mass select the Ship model also in the Components list and look in the Physics section of the Details panel. Open up the example ship/boat to see how the mass is set up and check it against your settings.

ARK: survival evolved is now available for free to mod. Maybe there are some features in that game, which can improve the weather and ocean simulator?
                  I will not be looking into their project whatsoever, not because I don't think it may have a good technique, but because copying something from a commercial game is illegal. The only assets and ideas in this project are from other open source and freely available tutorials where the license permits its use. There have been a couple of ideas for implementing a system in the past that I couldn't guarantee the license allowed it's use, and those were dropped in favor of other methods.

To ensure this project can be used freely by anyone, and that I am in compliance of all licenses I may transfer to the users of this project, I won't be using anything that is not explicitly allowed.

Thanks for understanding. Let me know if you have any further issues with the buoyancy.
                  Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Macw0lf View Post
                    Hope someone can help.. I am actually interested in the FishManager more than the ocean.

I was wanting to spawn the Manager in different areas and then destroy it (and associated fish) when the player moved out of the area, and then respawn in the new area, etc. (Basically different areas around an island.) Spawning crashed UE4 and I couldn't get it working, so I added an Enabled boolean to the C++ class, so when it starts up it basically idles until you set Enabled. Added a trigger volume, which turns on it on and off successfully when going in/out. I also loop through all fish actors and destroy them so they don't consume resources while you are on land.

So I thought I had this licked, until I tried to create another BP_FishManager instance somewhere else. It correctly spawns the fish selections chosen, but it spawns them in the ORIGINAL fishmanager location!? Instead of instancing the blueprint, I created a duplicate blueprint for the other location, and each one had it's own instance.. same story.. it's as if the FishManager object when instantiated somehow servers all instances of the blueprint...?!

Can anyone help with this.. it's a very cool addition to my level, and this would really allow me to use it effectively. At worst I will create an entirely new cpp/header if I have too. .but that's a last resort!

Thanks
                    Stuart
                    I will have to get Kyle (Komodoman) to give you a definite reply, but I remember him saying there could only be on FishManager active at a time in the current build. I will message him and get back to you with more details asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Woober View Post
                      We are using this plugin for our game Fishing: Barents Sea, is there an good way to implement boat wakes waves, something like Risc is doing?

I've tried to find some information how to make good boat wakes, but its very hard to find anything about this matter.

Thanks in advance
                      This is the next feature we plan to work on, and have a really basic version in the latest release. See these files in the ShipsAndExamples folder.

There is some info in this thread if you go back 2-3 pages, but again it is all in the very early stages at this point. Hopefully I will have some more info on this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                        Hi there,

To see the test points, open the blueprint and select the Viewport tab, then in the Components list select the BuoyancyForce component, which will show all of the properties in the Details panel. Under the Buoyancy Settings section, expand the properties using the down arrow button at the bottom, and enable "Draw Debug Points". You should be able to move them into the proper positions, try adjusting the other settings to get it working well for your ship.

One other thing necessary is ensuring the Mass of your ship is within an acceptable range. To change the mass select the Ship model also in the Components list and look in the Physics section of the Details panel. Open up the example ship/boat to see how the mass is set up and check it against your settings.
                        Thanks for the help!
                        I found the "Draw Debug Points" option and the test point are visible when I play the game, so that is not the problem I think. Changing the mass doesn't seem to do any difference. When I raise the Mesh Density and Lineair/Angular Fluid Damping, the ship doesn't get trown in the air,but it falls over (every time the same side). The controls of the ship also don't work anymore, but that probably something I did wrong.

I am not so experienced with the Unreal Engine yet, so maybe I have missed something that is obvious for you.

Here are some screenshots of the settings:Click image for larger version

Name:	No Bouancy 2.png
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	1083958Click image for larger version

Name:	No Bouancy.png
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	1083959

Hope you are now able to see what the problem is, thanks a lot if you would try to.

Comment

Thanks for the help!
                          I found the "Draw Debug Points" option and the test point are visible when I play the game, so that is not the problem I think. Changing the mass doesn't seem to do any difference. When I raise the Mesh Density and Lineair/Angular Fluid Damping, the ship doesn't get trown in the air,but it falls over (every time the same side). The controls of the ship also don't work anymore, but that probably something I did wrong.

I am not so experienced with the Unreal Engine yet, so maybe I have missed something that is obvious for you.

Here are some screenshots of the settings:

Hope you are now able to see what the problem is, thanks a lot if you would try to.
                          Looking at your settings, the biggest issue I see is the "Test Point Radius" in the second image set to 50. For a large ship that is to small, for example the man-o-war ship in the examples is set to 570 (which appears to be the same ship you are using)

Here is an image showing the default BuoyancyForce setup for that ship (I highlighted the most important settings):

Name:	BuoyancyForce_LargeShip.PNG
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1083961

Try adjusting your blueprint settings to match my image above, that should make a big difference. Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Comment

Hi, I have a problem I can not compile the project, there is such an error in the logs.
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Build: ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: You are attempting to compile on a machine that does not have a supported compiler!
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace: в AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в BuildCommand.Execute()
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): в AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: You are attempting to compile on a machine that does not have a supported compiler!
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                            LogD3D11RHI: InitD3DDevice

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                              Looking at your settings, the biggest issue I see is the "Test Point Radius" in the second image set to 50. For a large ship that is to small, for example the man-o-war ship in the examples is set to 570 (which appears to be the same ship you are using)

Here is an image showing the default BuoyancyForce setup for that ship (I highlighted the most important settings):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53062[/ATTACH]

Try adjusting your blueprint settings to match my image above, that should make a big difference. Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
                              The test point radius doesn't seem to make a big difference. Raising the Fluid Linear/Angular Damping and Mesh Density makes it worse. The ship keeps falling over like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	Fallingover.png
Size:	576.4 KB
ID:	1084024

It is very strange because the ship is very symmetric. But it does float and moves with up and down.

Thanks for helping and I hope you know the problem now.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Found the problem. On one side of the ship there were more cannons ( the weight of each was 0.01 kg, but apparently that made the difference). When you set it to your settings the buoyancy becomes better.

So for now the problem is solved. Thanks for the help and if there are other problems I will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X