X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by KuroSekaie View Post
    Thank you for your Awesome ocean Project, just an ASK i have an BIG Ocean for my RPG Game.., Well the Only Problem is Planar Reflection takes a HUGE PErformance hit, even when you dont see the Ocean, Its Like i have an BIG Ocean with a Lots of Island.. I get - 10-12 FPS even when you dont see The Ocean.. so it renders even when it doesnt Should..

and thats a really Big performance Problem, can anyone Help me?

Checkout treat as Background, and use as Occulder (checked out both) didnt Worked.
    I think we have to wait for a plugin update as 4.13 has improvements with planar reflection:

New: Planar Reflection Improvements

Added "Render Scene Two Sided" to planar reflections, which can be useful to limit leaking.

Added "Show Only Actors" and “Hidden Actors” to Scene Capture Component for easy use without having to call BP functions.

Added "Show Preview Plane" to Planar Reflection actors

The view state is recreated on planar reflection edit, which resets the Temporal AA history, allowing instant previewing of changes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader project is several megabytes in size?????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The project is several megabytes in size???
    Great, Thanks a lot Guys
    Last edited by Ahmad0Karami; 09-02-2016, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for your Awesome ocean Project, just an ASK i have an BIG Ocean for my RPG Game.., Well the Only Problem is Planar Reflection takes a HUGE PErformance hit, even when you dont see the Ocean, Its Like i have an BIG Ocean with a Lots of Island.. I get - 10-12 FPS even when you dont see The Ocean.. so it renders even when it doesnt Should..

and thats a really Big performance Problem, can anyone Help me?

Checkout treat as Background, and use as Occulder (checked out both) didnt Worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Evening all. Using this in UE version 4.12.5 and I seem to have an odd bug.

I'm using this with a tiled world with "World Origin Rebasing" and I seem to get a rather large square of water that is completely flat. It just doesn't appear to be affected by displacement.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0Rid1qO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1114418

As I move around the world, this flat area moves with me, due to the origin rebasing.

I'm not entirely sure. But could it be something to do with having no reference to a landscape? I don't know how I would use a reference to a landscape as my world is made up of lots of landscape actors.

Any ideas whats going on? Cheers all! And keep up the great work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Unmei no kizuna View Post
    upgrade to 4.13 please
    Ditto ... upgrade to 4.13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    upgrade to 4.13 please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.13 is out Any chance the bug that everything close to the ocean gets planar reflection will be fixed with this version? That would be great! Thanks for the awesome work guys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question regarding the heightmap....what is the point of reference for it? It takes a 1024x1024 heightmap by default...does it map the 512,512 point to the origin of the BP_Ocean?

Trying to feed a dynamically generated heightmap from my procgen terrain into it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ocean plugin

Originally posted by CraigColby View Post
    First of all, thanks for the excellent work on this project. I LOVE it. It is perfect for my island map project.

Ever since this was converted to a plugin, I am not able to get this to work after building my project.

I am using the latest version of the plugin and UE 4.7.3

Everything works great in the editor. I can package the project without an error but when I try and run the exe after packaging I get error that the plugin cannot be found.

I have read all I can find on the forums about this. My plugin is in the plugins folder within my project folder. \Unreal Projects\IOTA\Plugins\OceanPlugin\OceanPlugin.uplugin

I have tried suggestions (at least the ones I can understand). Some of the comments suggest rebuilding the plugin project (I think) but I don't understand how I can do that with this plugin as it does not seem to have all the files I would need to rebuild source in visual studio (or I just don't understand how to do it i.e. how do I get a .sln file for this?). FYI I have also tried rebuilding the UE4 engine via github etc.

Also, I was able to build and use this shader just fine before it was converted to a plugin. It is quite likely that I am just missing some simple step. I have no experience with VS beyond just following the step by step instructions for rebuilding project via github.

I am fairly new to game development and need simple/basic instructions on how to make this plugin work. Please forgive my inexperience with all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

hi all, thanks for the 'Weather & Ocean Water Shader', no words to describe your work.
    I'm experiencing the same problem of CraigColby: 'after packaging I get error that the plugin cannot be found',

the Oceanplugin works perfectly in preview mode,
    engine version is 4.12.5 ,
    please, i need help to figure out how to fix this problem!
    Thankyou!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First of all, holy moly this is awesome and thank you and everyone who worked on it so much for providing it.

Secondly, I've spent about 8 hours trying to develop an ocean water system that works similar to what you can see in this asset (photo below). The simple solution I came up with is use a transparent material with depth fade to create the foam on the shore effect. But the problem I've come across is I can't have multiple world position offsets. What this means is I can't have the shore have smooth water, while deeper into the ocean the waves be more rough.

Based on the asset here I see it can be accomplished, but I'm looking for a simpler solution for a more stylistic game. Is there any way to achieve this? Here's an example of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/uhyYne5.png

Thanks in advance for anyone that might know the solution.

Also, how do you handle off-screen reflections? Is that through the Planar Reflection?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe so, but, you might read the 44 pages to be certain.

I can't quote the page the ok was on, but, I do believe I remember seeing that. The only certain way to be sure is to read the 44 pages. On the flip side, you get a lot of good info on the project.. how to use it.. set it up and so forth, as well as finding your answer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tarly View Post
    Welcome GAmeCr3atrz.

First page of this thread.. third post.. Answers your question.
    but commercially? (sorry, im a bit busy right now so im not reading a bunch)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Welcome GAmeCr3atrz.

First page of this thread.. third post.. Answers your question.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, this would be excellent for my open world game! got a marketplace page or is it free to use in commercial projects?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X