Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you package a game and used Enable Stay Upright Constraint, then you most likely will receive a crash when running the game. Modify BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp, about line 279 should be:

Code:
    ConstraintInstance.AngularSwing1Motion = EAngularConstraintMotion::ACM_Free;
    Well at least that worked for me.

Comment

Hi all. It really is a wonderful plugin, but I have a problem with it:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fe516-clip-134kb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1082219
      In the editor, the water looks good, but in the game there's a bug:

Name:	6f18b-clip-102kb.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1082220

Name:	acbeb-clip-103kb.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1082221
      Do you happen to know what could be the problem?

Comment

I'm following this thread because everyone love to see a nice water in videogames. But, here's the thing I didn't see yet here. How to built a realistic water shader and the water itself reacting with other object, deforming its shape when a character walks over it just like in Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Crysis...?? It's sad that we don't have any facility to do that kind of water stuff yet Epic please JUST DO IT!!

Comment

Hi, I hope you have some smash from wall or any object..Thanks more power

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
            I am trying to add this to a project (using this guide: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project) but I keep running into this unhelpful error when I try to use BP_Ocean:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48673[/ATTACH]

The message log is empty.

I think it is probably because the Blueprint was compiled/saved with a different engine version (I am using 4.8, but evidently not exactly the same version).

I am able to open some other BPs. I have compiled the C++ components for the version I am using.

Any ideas?
            So I managed to get the BP_Ocean into the level, but now there is another problem:

Name:	NYZiIUi.png
Size:	841.3 KB
ID:	1082271

While I was searching for the cause I noticed this in M_Ocean:

Name:	I5i1jXT.png
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1082272

Not sure if it's related

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by Jervy View Post
              Okay fixed my problem.
              If anyone got the same issue:
              The Mathematical Waves are off-sync with the material waves if you only simulate your scene. You have to actually play the game.
              Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
              Even then its not perfect. It all depends on the weight of your buoyant object, the number of test points, the density of your water and your test points etc. Theres a formula in the source, or at least there was. Its not 100% physically accurate ocean simulation. But close enough for most needs without more expensive displacement algorithms.
              When running in Simulate mode the Network Time Offset won't be active, it was added to the BP_Ocean event graph to sync the time with the server. Without a server running, it is likely the reason for the time difference.

Originally posted by mastergrief View Post
              Im loving this but you should add the ability to tie wave height to a variable so that we can have storms where the waves get higher.
              That is something I am currently working on, a complete overhaul of the Sky/Weather that will include the Beaufort Scale for various sea states (calm to hurricane). I now have the calendar system working correctly, which allows me to get an accurate representation of the sun's rotation/position for any point in time (-2000 to 6000 year) with about +/- 1 degree error tolerance.

Now working on the moon Phases/positioning/tide values, hope to have an initial version out very soon.

Originally posted by risc View Post
              What about something close to this style any shader around here

thank you
              That shader looks a lot like the Nvidia WaveWorks shader (which can be downloaded here, and more info can be found here). You need to download/compile a custom engine version from source in order to use it, but you can get a similar look with it. Note that it does not have Buoyancy or a realistic looking ocean material out of the box, you will need to add those in yourself.

I may try integrating WaveWorks at some point in the future, however since it requires building a custom version of the engine we have not tried it with this project yet. Right now I am waiting to see if Nvidia will be implementing a plugin version for the engine.

Originally posted by kickassitus View Post
              Hey guys, absolutely amazing work so far!

Running into this error when source building UE4 with the ocean plugin, any help at all would be appreciated!

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
              1> Building UnrealHeaderTool...
              1> Target is up to date.
              1> Parsing headers for UE4Editor
              1> C:/Users/*****/Documents/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/Ocean/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/OceanManager.h(18) : Property is exposed to the editor or blueprints but has no Category specified.
              1>Error : Failed to generate code for UE4Editor - error code: -1073741819 (-1073741819)
              1> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'UE4Editor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\*****\Documents\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
              1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1.
              ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks!
              Hey there,

Which version of UE4 are you using, and which branch did you download from the GitHub page? I checked the code, line 18 is the declaration of a struct which doesn't use categories so I'm a little bit confused...

If you downloaded the Master branch, try switching to TK's branch (or if you downloaded TK's branch, try downloading the Master) to see if that helps. Let me know if it won't work though!

Originally posted by Xosh project View Post
              Thanks for this water! Look like the better one for me. I have a question for you, I want to use the water two time with different setting, but the second water overide the setting of the first one. How can I use this water two time in my game ? Thanks for the future answer good day all of you!
              When you say two times, do you mean in the same level? It should work so long as there are 2 separate blueprints (they should control their own setting separately). I will look into that a bit more on my end, but it should work.

Originally posted by Norealium View Post
              Hi all. It really is a wonderful plugin, but I have a problem with it:
              In the editor, the water looks good, but in the game there's a bug:
              Do you happen to know what could be the problem?
              Hi there, most likely that is being caused by not having the BP_SkyDome in your level with a Directional Light, which are required for the SSS to work, without those active it causes the yellow surface in your image. If you want to use your own sky then you will have to set it up manually or you can set the SSS intensity to zero.

Originally posted by trustme95 View Post
              If you package a game and used Enable Stay Upright Constraint, then you most likely will receive a crash when running the game. Modify BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp, about line 279 should be:

Code:
              ConstraintInstance.AngularSwing1Motion = EAngularConstraintMotion::ACM_Free;
              Well at least that worked for me.
              Thanks for the info! I will add that in asap

Originally posted by BaekIronFist View Post
              I'm following this thread because everyone love to see a nice water in videogames. But, here's the thing I didn't see yet here. How to built a realistic water shader and the water itself reacting with other object, deforming its shape when a character walks over it just like in Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Crysis...?? It's sad that we don't have any facility to do that kind of water stuff yet Epic please JUST DO IT!!
              Originally posted by Peude View Post
              Hi, I hope you have some smash from wall or any object..Thanks more power
              Do you mean Dynamic wave interaction with objects? if so that is not implemented at this time, but I found some info on how this can be done using DistanceFields and plan to add it in very soon. Fully dynamic interaction is a very difficult thing to do without performance issues among other reasons, so that will take some time to implement.

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
              So I managed to get the BP_Ocean into the level, but now there is another problem:

While I was searching for the cause I noticed this in M_Ocean:

Not sure if it's related
              Hmm... That is a really odd error, I don't use either of those structs directly so something must be messed up in the material itself.

Which version of the project did you download (TK's branch or Master)? Also did you migrate the files over to another project or are you using the demo project from GitHub?

If you moved the files to a new project then that error makes a bit more sense, let me know which it was and we'll get you up and running
              Last edited by DotCam; 07-22-2015, 06:31 PM.
              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post

Do you mean Dynamic wave interaction with objects? if so that is not implemented at this time, but I found some info on how this can be done using DistanceFields and plan to add it in very soon. Fully dynamic interaction is a very difficult thing to do without performance issues among other reasons, so that will take some time to implement.
                I mean this kind of water reacting with characters and other objects colliding with it:

In UDK this is a fluid surface actor I think.

Where can we get that info mate?
                Last edited by BaekIronFist; 07-22-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                  Which version of the project did you download (TK's branch or Master)? Also did you migrate the files over to another project or are you using the demo project from GitHub?

If you moved the files to a new project then that error makes a bit more sense, let me know which it was and we'll get you up and running
                  I downloaded the .rar from Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...VRYXl2Q21oSTQ/)

I am trying to use it in UT4, which is currently on some instance of UE 4.8.

I have tried directly copying the plugin and content folders over in Windows Explorer as well as migrating from within the editor itself. Whichever way I do it I am prompted to recompile when I launch my project (which I do) because the dlls were built with a different version of the engine .
                  Last edited by Crafty; 07-22-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I mean this kind of water reacting with characters and other objects colliding with it:

In UDK this is a fluid surface actor I think.

Where can we get that info mate?
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...+surface+actor

Comment

Dear Guys,

first, your work is so **** nice!

Second, I got a question concerning underwater live (flock fish). How can I prevent them fished to swim through the landscape mesh, rock meshes etc? I thought the collision setting would reach this goal but they don't (blockall, blockdynamic etc don't do anything).

I would be very happy to get some help soon as I need this to be done 'til next friday.

Thanks a lot!

Patric

Comment

It doesn't work. I've tried to get the source code from github but it gives me all the time "404 page not found" even logged in it.
                        Last edited by BaekIronFist; 07-23-2015, 05:17 AM.

Comment

It doesn't work. I've tried to get the source code from github but it gives me all the time "404 page not found" even logged in it.
                          https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Z9...HFPWEkxUkxwOEE

Comment

Oh thanks! But how I execute it on UE4? That still works in 4.8?
                            Last edited by BaekIronFist; 07-23-2015, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Sachse View Post
                              Dear Guys,

first, your work is so **** nice!

Second, I got a question concerning underwater live (flock fish). How can I prevent them fished to swim through the landscape mesh, rock meshes etc? I thought the collision setting would reach this goal but they don't (blockall, blockdynamic etc don't do anything).

I would be very happy to get some help soon as I need this to be done 'til next friday.

Thanks a lot!

Patric
                              NavMesh blocking volumes? Would the player really notice it?
                              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

DotCam, would it be possible to add a value for Skylight intensity during night in the new skydome? The current skydome has issues if you are trying to get realistic values for night and day. I am using 1.5 intensity during day and the directional light has a value of 6. Day looks great but at night shadows are pitch black (even raising things like exposure all the way up still has black shadows).

In a nutshell, we need better control over our day and night look so that both look attractive and the player is able to navigate. Maybe include the ability to have separate post processes blend together from day to night as well? I find night time is usually to saturated, but I have to add the functionality into the blueprint myself to blend between a night PP and day PP. This would be an awesome feature to have out of the box.

How long till the new skydome is done? Really looking forward to the features that the kite demo has.
                                --
                                Joshua
                                Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                                www.joshuaezzell.com
                                www.druidgameworks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X