This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows this for a swim anim? zippy.gfycat.com/BestBlondCatfish.webm

Only took about 30 minutes, placeholder quality? looks retarded from that angle haha.
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I had an interesting save/load problem where my player character would load a short distance away from my boat instead of on it, maybe a physics issue? Changing the execution order to saving the boat location before the player location fixed it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Hey how do I make a crabbing game with this.

Comment

Amazing!

That water shader looks amazing. There are not many water shaders available for free use as of yet but this one is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Slumpdog View Post
            Hey how do I make a crabbing game with this.
            Little too broad. You'd need a boat, and blueprints/C++ to handle every aspect of the game, and depending on how you want to traverse the seas, origin rebasing or world composition.

If your trying to make a "Deadliest Catch" game. Its been done, and it failed horribly.
            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Lower waves on the beach would be nice. As in the video below.

Comment

First of all: Great Work, Guys!

Now I got a problem with the Buoyancy, that I was not able to figure out yet.
                My Buoyancy Objects and my waves are not synchronous. My Boat moves up the wave, when the wave did not even reach the boat and moves down in the middle of the wave. Looks like its just shifted by PI.
                Maybe you guys can help me on this one.

Cheers

Comment

Im loving this but you should add the ability to tie wave height to a variable so that we can have storms where the waves get higher.

Comment

Okay fixed my problem.
                    If anyone got the same issue:
                    The Mathematical Waves are off-sync with the material waves if you only simulate your scene. You have to actually play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jervy View Post
                      Okay fixed my problem.
                      If anyone got the same issue:
                      The Mathematical Waves are off-sync with the material waves if you only simulate your scene. You have to actually play the game.
                      Even then its not perfect. It all depends on the weight of your buoyant object, the number of test points, the density of your water and your test points etc. Theres a formula in the source, or at least there was. Its not 100% physically accurate ocean simulation. But close enough for most needs without more expensive displacement algorithms.

Comment

What about something close to this style any shader around here
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocean31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	1081941

Name:	Ocean32.jpg
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	1081942

thank you

Comment

I am trying to add this to a project (using this guide: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project) but I keep running into this unhelpful error when I try to use BP_Ocean:

Name:	1Z0XckX.png
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1082031

The message log is empty.

I think it is probably because the Blueprint was compiled/saved with a different engine version (I am using 4.8, but evidently not exactly the same version).

I am able to open some other BPs. I have compiled the C++ components for the version I am using.

Any ideas?
                          Last edited by Crafty; 07-19-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for this water! Look like the better one for me. I have a question for you, I want to use the water two time with different setting, but the second water overide the setting of the first one. How can I use this water two time in my game ? Thanks for the future answer good day all of you!

Comment

If I add a physics constraints component to my boat it starts spinning ferociously, I assume that it somehow messes with the buoyancy. Any thoughts?

Comment

Hey guys, absolutely amazing work so far!

Running into this error when source building UE4 with the ocean plugin, any help at all would be appreciated!

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                                1> Building UnrealHeaderTool...
                                1> Target is up to date.
                                1> Parsing headers for UE4Editor
                                1> C:/Users/*****/Documents/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/Ocean/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/OceanManager.h(18) : Property is exposed to the editor or blueprints but has no Category specified.
                                1>Error : Failed to generate code for UE4Editor - error code: -1073741819 (-1073741819)
                                1> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'UE4Editor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\*****\Documents\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
                                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code -1.
                                ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X