Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dot!!!!!! so good to hear from you man I was starting to worry after all these months, figured something must have gone wrong
    I should be on skype most of the day so talk to you there.

Anyway glad you are okay!
    This. Starting to get into C++ more and more thanks to your advice
    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hello there,
      i need some help, because my mapper is using this plugin in our project; it's not a problem for him because it work, but when i try to open the same project in my computer, i have theese error.

http://prntscr.com/7pf31k

http://prntscr.com/7pf3e7

Comment

problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
          Glad you enjoy

Today I made a simple boat wake test.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44006[/ATTACH]

It basically spawns planes with the same gerstner wave displacement on top of the ocean (you can think of it as decals).
          It doesn't look that great right now but I think with a proper material it might just look believable.

The main problem is that the ocean is not being displaced by the boat, if only we could combine this with something like the fluid surface plugin... *keeps dreaming*
          Is the wake being added to the source on github? This would add a lot to the look!

Comment

Originally posted by trustme95 View Post
            Is the wake being added to the source on github? This would add a lot to the look!
            It's not on github since it was just a quick test and the result isn't all that great.
            I plan to work on it at some point but if you want this version to play around with it, no problem I can upload it to github

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
            WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
            WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
              @TK - Thank you so much for your help with this, I haven't gone through the (probably dozens) of replies here yet, but I noticed your posts above and was humbled to know this project is still active! I have a few things to take care of first, but I will be back on Skype later on, talk to you then, and thank you so much!

-------------------------

@Everyone - For reasons out of my control I have not touched this project for the past 3 months, I know a lot of you have sent me PM's that have gone unanswered as well as all the posts I have not read yet on this thread. I apologize for not letting you guys know what was happening, but I didn't really know either until recently.

I just wanted to leave a quick note here stating I am finally back. I know I said this a few months ago, but things literally took a turn for the worse the very next day. I had an emergency corrective surgery performed 2 weeks ago and I am now starting to feel better finally, so this time I can say this with more certainty.

Once I get caught up on all of the changes (that TK has made, and ver 4.8) I will start working on this project again.

Thank you all for your patience through this, and a huge thank you to TK for working on this while I was gone!

Welcome Back! Great to hear things are getting better. I hope I will be able to put some time in on this project again soon too.

Comment

It's not on github since it was just a quick test and the result isn't all that great.
                I plan to work on it at some point but if you want this version to play around with it, no problem I can upload it to github
                Yes please... that would be fantastic.

Comment

Upload it to a wake-proto branch? You never know people will start playing with the code and come up with something they share!
                  Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Dijon View Post
                    Hey Cam, glad to hear you're feeling better. TK's been doing a great job with the heavy lifting, but I'm sure he'll be glad to have you back. You've already contributed so much to the project that you're entitled to a little time off . Take care of yourself, and welcome back.
                    Thanks Dijon, it is great to be back finally. TK's done a lot of polishing & adding new features, it looks fantastic!

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                    @DotCam - welcome back, hope you're feeling better mate. The Ocean project has matured into something truly awesome!
                    Hey thanks man. And it really has turned into an awesome project hasn't it! It looks fantastic, TK's done a great job!

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                    This. Starting to get into C++ more and more thanks to your advice
                    Hey thanks, good to hear from you. How is your submarine game going?

Originally posted by Komodoman View Post
                    Welcome Back! Great to hear things are getting better. I hope I will be able to put some time in on this project again soon too.
                    Hey thanks Kyle! Hope you are enjoying your new job, I'll catch up with you soon on Skype. Don't worry about it though, I know you are busy

---------------------------------------------

I have started working on the dynamic TOD/Weather/Calendar system again and am planning on using the KiteDemo system as a base to build from. It has nearly everything we will need already implemented, but it will need some work to add in missing features, and make the existing features work with the Ocean system. I will be adding in the "Beaufort Scale" to the weather system to allow switching between various storm intensities, and will hook all of it in to control the sea states.

It has been a while so I was wondering which features are the most important to you in the near future? TK is working on boat wakes/splashes, and I will be working on the atmosphere/weather as mentioned. Are there any other major features you guys are looking for?

Also, I have a request for you guys:

Do any of you happen to have (or could make) some simple swimming animations for the Epic default character? I do have some that were made for a scuba diver, but I haven't had any luck with retargeting them so far. If any of you are good with animation and want to add your name to the contributors list, please let me know either here or in a PM. Thanks!
                    Last edited by DotCam; 07-10-2015, 12:26 PM.
                    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Hey guys, the experimental boat wakes are now on github (currently added only to the small boat).

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                      WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                      WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Thanks Dijon, it is great to be back finally. TK's done a lot of polishing & adding new features, it looks fantastic!

Hey thanks man. And it really has turned into an awesome project hasn't it! It looks fantastic, TK's done a great job!

Hey thanks, good to hear from you. How is your submarine game going?

Hey thanks Kyle! Hope you are enjoying your new job, I'll catch up with you soon on Skype. Don't worry about it though, I know you are busy

---------------------------------------------

I have started working on the dynamic TOD/Weather/Calendar system again and am planning on using the KiteDemo system as a base to build from. It has nearly everything we will need already implemented, but it will need some work to add in missing features, and make the existing features work with the Ocean system. I will be adding in the "Beaufort Scale" to the weather system to allow switching between various storm intensities, and will hook all of it in to control the sea states.

It has been a while so I was wondering which features are the most important to you in the near future? TK is working on boat wakes/splashes, and I will be working on the atmosphere/weather as mentioned. Are there any other major features you guys are looking for?

Do any of you happen to have (or could make) some simple swimming animations for the Epic default character? I do have some that were made for a scuba diver, but I haven't had any luck with retargeting them so far. If any of you are good with animation and want to add your name to the contributors list, please let me know either here or in a PM. Thanks!
                        Hey I told/asled TK already I think you all are working on it not really sure. but when you go to import it into your own level and move it all at once to fit ur level. when you get really close to the water it goes underwater effect right before u hit the water but if u try to move the volume by itself then it only goes a bit below or right above like it does not match up with the water exactly.
                        Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

Hey guys, the experimental boat wakes are now on github (currently added only to the small boat).
                          Thanks, that is a fantastic start. I did have to hook up WakeEmitter.WorldLocation.Z to SpawnActor.BP Wake.Spawn Transform Location.Z. My ocean is not at 0.

Comment

Hello guys

This is a great project.!!.. i searched a bit this thread -without success- looking for instructions on how to migrate this content into another project. I am guessing migrating all content with the migration tool and copying the plugin folder to my project's plugin folder? or just merging the content folders?
                            Also maybe a bit of explanation on how to use BP_Ocean and the Ocean Manager work? Is there a wiki? maybe first post can have this info?
                            Thanks in advance
                            Last edited by catalejo; 07-11-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                              Hello guys

This is a great project.!!.. i searched a bit this thread -without success- looking for instructions on how to migrate this content into another project. I am guessing migrating all content with the migration tool and copying the plugin folder to my project's plugin folder? or just merging the content folders?
                              Also maybe a bit of explanation on how to use BP_Ocean and the Ocean Manager work? Is there a wiki? maybe first post can have this info?
                              Thanks in advance
                              https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project
                              Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

I looked heavily through the kitedemo code and while its kite complex in parts is truely does have a lot of great stuff "for the taking". I will get a swimming animation done for the blue? grey? man. No problem... monday... tuesday... wesdnesday at the latest unless someones already started. I'm not a swimmer but hopefully I can find some animation references.

The weather system will be amazing, wakes also, infact any kind of "dynamic micro-displacement" is great. Work on the infiniteplane is nice but rebasing the world origin so you dont slam into the skydome is always a good little addition. Swimming is also obviously one thing missing from making this a truely plug and play water system.

Bow wakes + regular wakes, "cutting" through the water with a bow wake would really up the realism with any boats, as would dynamic splashing. around say even test points with a UV map particle system maybe, we experimented with it a bit never got that far.

Prop wash/rotor wash is another thing from Tritons ocean "missing".

I was thinking last night biolumanisance from prop wash? Its from when the screws (props) spin the water up it excites the biolumanecent life up from below the surface and carrier pilots are taught to look for it if their instruments ever went out. Could be a little cheesy.

The foam also needs some tweaking out of the box IMO, maybe some blending between textures (I havnt even looked at the foam and SSR setup yet TBH). Underwater always could use some improvment (although very very much better looking lately.

BlueprintCallable, even pure/BPFunctionLibray nodes for people to get say current weight height +/- at 3vector 1230,1231, amount of buoyancy total on actor, ltitle things like that for debugging/creative uses.
                                Last edited by Nsomnia; 07-12-2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X