This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plugin built work with macs?

Im getting a few errors in my X Code manual compile for some of the classes.
    My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
    My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
    Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

Originally posted by HughieDM View Post
      Is this plugin built work with macs?

Im getting a few errors in my X Code manual compile for some of the classes.
      No it's not I can only test in windows.

Post some of these errors and I will try to help.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
      WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
      WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Haha I thought so it would be cool if maybe we could!
        So not totally sure how to send you the error info so I took a screen cap of what I got Ill give you the lines for each of the errors

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 4.24.10 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	1080911

1: (no line?)doesnt go to any code
        2: (no line?)doesnt go to any code
        3: 311
        4: 311
        5: 40
        6: 49
        7: 105 and 116
        8: 105 and 116
        9: 55

lol dono if this will help you figure out any thing but

Thanks for all the awesomeness
        Attached Files
        My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
        My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
        Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

Okay these look like easy enough to fix I just committed a fix to github, let me know if there are any more errors.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
            What are you trying to do exactly? all the includes are there so not sure why you would be getting these errors

this should be in BuoyantDestructible.cpp

and these should be in the build.cs public dependency modules
            I'm trying to rebuild the plugin so that it's been built with my source built UE4. When I try to start your OceanProject, it tells me that the plugin and the project has been built with another version of the engine and that means that I need to rebuild both of them. These errors show up when I try to rebuild the project with the plugin included in Visual Studio and I'm trying to figure out why I get these errors as it appears there's some kind of dependency that's not being identified correctly. I already tried adding both of those dependencies to the build.cs module, the "PhysX" and "APEX" strings weren't in the array in the newest revision of the github atleast. Is there something else that I need to build seperately besides PhysX and APEX?

Comment

Hey Capsup, which source version of the editor are you using? master? promoted? release? 4.8?

The dependencies strings are already in the plugin's OceanPlugin.Build.cs so you shouldn't need to add them somewhere else.

Comment

Hey Capsup, which source version of the editor are you using? master? promoted? release? 4.8?

The dependencies strings are already in the plugin's OceanPlugin.Build.cs so you shouldn't need to add them somewhere else.
                I've been using the promoted branch.

Comment

Hey, can anyone give me any tips on how to get this all setup into an existing project? I have the 4.8 branch from Github, but I am not entirely sure what I should be copying over to my main project. I want all the features so I don't want to miss anything.
                  --
                  Joshua
                  Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                  www.joshuaezzell.com
                  www.druidgameworks.com

Comment

So my only guess is that your graphics card does not support DX11 (Shader Model 5) and therefore no tessellation (maybe it's time for upgrade ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45743[/ATTACH]

There are ways to make it work with SM4 however, it might not look as good but better than flat I guess

Open the following materials: M_Ocean, M_Ocean_SSR & M_Ocean_Depth (found under Ocean/Materials/M_Ocean_Versions folder)
                    And disconnect whatever goes to World Displacement, plug it into World Position Offset and save.
                    My grafics card indeed doesn't support Shader Model 5.

The suggestion you made did work, I have waves now!

Thank you very much!!!
                    Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

Comment

Originally posted by joshezzell View Post
                      Hey, can anyone give me any tips on how to get this all setup into an existing project? I have the 4.8 branch from Github, but I am not entirely sure what I should be copying over to my main project. I want all the features so I don't want to miss anything.
                      I have the same question earlier, there is a page about it:
                      https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project
                      Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

Comment

Personally I'm not that interested in submitting this into the marketplace (github allows for instant updates etc.) but if there is demand for it and Epic improves the submitting process then maybe we can work something out in the future once the project is more polished and "marketplace worthy"
                        -----------------------------

Question: Are you guys still having troubles with packaging?

Question #2: What would you like to see next? (choose one)

1) Improve the sky system - Better clouds, correct sun/moon orbits based on time of year, seasons, weather etc.

2) Improve the map - Island terrain with docks, vegetation, wet map, and better transition/fade the wave amplitude near the shore (I might be able to feed the terrain heightmap to the ocean shader and buoyancy system).

3) Keep improving the ocean shader - Stormy ocean, add setting presets (calm, rough etc. maybe Beaufort scale), add more gerstner waves option (currently the shader is using only 8 waves but a 16 or 32 version could improve the look with "acceptable" performance hit)
                        first of all, I would like to thank you for this fantastic project that you released, helped me very much to give a touch of class to my project.

Unfortunately, having updated the project with your last relase, I can not make a package. build failed

To the question, vote to Improve the sky system

I apologize for my poor english

Comment

@TK - Thank you so much for your help with this, I haven't gone through the (probably dozens) of replies here yet, but I noticed your posts above and was humbled to know this project is still active! I have a few things to take care of first, but I will be back on Skype later on, talk to you then, and thank you so much!

-------------------------

@Everyone - For reasons out of my control I have not touched this project for the past 3 months, I know a lot of you have sent me PM's that have gone unanswered as well as all the posts I have not read yet on this thread. I apologize for not letting you guys know what was happening, but I didn't really know either until recently.

I just wanted to leave a quick note here stating I am finally back. I know I said this a few months ago, but things literally took a turn for the worse the very next day. I had an emergency corrective surgery performed 2 weeks ago and I am now starting to feel better finally, so this time I can say this with more certainty.

Once I get caught up on all of the changes (that TK has made, and ver 4.8) I will start working on this project again.

Thank you all for your patience through this, and a huge thank you to TK for working on this while I was gone!
                          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Hey Cam, glad to hear you're feeling better. TK's been doing a great job with the heavy lifting, but I'm sure he'll be glad to have you back. You've already contributed so much to the project that you're entitled to a little time off . Take care of yourself, and welcome back.

Comment

Dot!!!!!! so good to hear from you man I was starting to worry after all these months, figured something must have gone wrong
                              I should be on skype most of the day so talk to you there.

Anyway glad you are okay!

Comment

@DotCam - welcome back, hope you're feeling better mate. The Ocean project has matured into something truly awesome!
                                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Working...
                                X