This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Complete noob here, I wanted to use this to make an aquarium or fish tank but since the water stretches infinite, even when deleting the infinite ocean parameter in the blue print it still follow the camera as I move around even when it technically resized. (Basically, it goes whenever the camera goes, so I cannot move around it in a 3D space, as if it glued to the camera at certain position). What do I need to do to make it act like an piece of independent resize able mesh like any normal object? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zoc View Post
    Submitted a pull request for a version fully functional with UE4.14

https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...roject/pull/26
    I am downloading it now and I will test it on backup of my project from 4.12 using the plugin. Thanks for updating it! I will update this post after testing.

One note it would be nice to reduced version of the download with just what is needed for the water, with out of the time of day and content included. I did this manually for 4.12 on my own project to reduce the size but the github imho cleaned up. 942 MB DL includes a lot of content that is not required for the water to work.

Fired up the OceanPlugin in 4.14 only warnings using the latest from Zoc is a constraint warning, and a few dynamic shadow errors hurting the frame rate.

I am going to update my 1080's drivers to the latest before installing it on my own projects but it feels safe enough to move forward. Good job Zoc!

Forgot to update: I converted my 4.12.5 project to 4.14 to test the plugin, working as expected.
    Last edited by Vexar; 11-26-2016, 01:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does Ocean shader "Ocean Lite" work right? Coz when I changed the Ocean shader to "Ocean Lite" only appear a grey plane.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe try Vulkan?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to easily cut down on the FPS loss from using this?
    I have a very large map that loses about 40FPS (1080GTX) just adding in a default water.
    I have tested with/without Gersh waves, with/without SS, etc etc, and, it seems its about the same loss all around.
    Could this be because its such a massive plane by default?
    Last edited by AP_Studios; 11-24-2016, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Submitted a pull request for a version fully functional with UE4.14

https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...roject/pull/26

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Didnt worked for me . I only copied plugin folder to my project. But it give me so many errors. Did I miss something?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tested the plugin in UE4 4.14, it works. (I used the v4.13 one)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    pls ~ TT version 4.14

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will there be an update to make this work in UE4.14?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    deleted, nevermind
    Last edited by HanoGames; 11-19-2016, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would love to see rivers and lakes added to this pack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we compile that on Ubuntu?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Frequia View Post
    Oh, anyway its nice to support developers
    you can support me with 1000$ if you got so much money

Leave a comment: