• Show
Clear All

That worked thanx!
    My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
    My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
    Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

So now Im trying to create a build and Im getting a failed build in VS:

1>------ Build started: Project: Get_Golden, Configuration: Development_Game x64 ------
      1> Parsing headers for Get_Golden
      1> Reflection code generated for Get_Golden
      1> Performing 21 actions (4 in parallel)
      1> PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
      1> CustomFunctionLibrary.cpp
      1> OceanPlugin.generated.cpp
      1> InfiniteSystemComponent.cpp
      1> CustomVehicleController.cpp
      1>C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEdMessages\Classes\AssetEditorMessages.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'AssetEditorMessages.generated.h': No such file or directory
      1>C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEdMessages\Classes\AssetEditorMessages.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'AssetEditorMessages.generated.h': No such file or directory
      1> TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp
      1> ProceduralTerrain.cpp
      1>S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\Get_Golden_UE4\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainGenerationWorker.cpp(31): warning C4996: 'FRunnableThread::Create': Function deprecated. Use FRunnableThread::Create without bAutoDeleteSelf and bAutoDeleteRunnable params and delete thread and runnable manually. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
      1> C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\ThreadingBase.h(256) : see declaration of 'FRunnableThread::Create'
      1>S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\Get_Golden_UE4\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\ProceduralTerrain.cpp(95): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
      1> C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\Class.h(2717) : see declaration of 'ConstructObject'
      1>S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\Get_Golden_UE4\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\ProceduralTerrain.cpp(143): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
      1> C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\Class.h(2717) : see declaration of 'ConstructObject'
      1> BuoyantDestructible.cpp
      1> FishManager.cpp
      1> FishState.cpp
      1> FlockFish.cpp
      1> MarchingCubes.cpp
      1> BuoyancyComponent.cpp
      1> TerrainMeshComponent.cpp
      1>S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\Get_Golden_UE4\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\Terrain\TerrainMeshComponent.cpp(342): warning C4996: 'ConstructObject': ConstructObject is deprecated. Use NewObject instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
      1> BuoyancyForceComponent.cpp
      1> Noise.cpp
      1> OceanManager.cpp
      1> OceanPlugin.cpp
      1> SimplexNoise.cpp
      1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
      1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\Get_Golden_UE4\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib
      1> Total build time: 38.53 seconds
      1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.8\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" Get_Golden Win64 Development "S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\Get_Golden_UE4\Get_Golden.uproject" -rocket" exited with code -1.
      ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Comment

We are all getting that one.
        I think he's referencing an editor message class so cooking for noneditor fails.
        You'll have to just play in editor until he updates it.

Build Development_Editor not game then you can load the editor with the plugin
        \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
        Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
        Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Ah gotcha. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to see your still giving to the community TK, was worried! Good to see you Handkor, very smart approach to the wake, people always outsmart me.

Does anyone know why copying /content and /plugins (after deleting the previous oceanplugin) from TK's beta to my old project it doesnt update ceertain stuff like infinite ocean? I even tried rebuilding from source with a blank Myproject.cpp/.h and .build.cs's (even though I have no code)
            Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-25-2015, 08:50 AM.
            Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hey have you found out how to fix this? I'm struggling with the same issue...

Comment

I have updated the plugin code.. this should fix the packaging and all other issues caused by the infinite system.

Delete the plugins folder and add this.
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...JqbmhTZ1ozb2s/

Let me know if there are any more issues.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Great work , Thank you.

What are some of the plans moving forward with your community plugin.
                  \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                  Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                  Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Changed the plugin folder and now am getting:
                    >------ Build started: Project: OceanProject, Configuration: Development_Game x64 ------
                    1> Performing 6 actions (2 in parallel)
                    1> PCH.UELinkerFixupsName.h.cpp
                    1> PCH.OceanProject.h.cpp
                    1> UELinkerFixups.cpp
                    1> [4/6] Resource OceanProject.rc
                    1> OceanProject.cpp
                    1> [6/6] Link OceanProject.exe
                    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'HACD_64.lib'
                    1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                    1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: P:\Unreal Engine 4\OceanProject\Binaries\Win64\OceanProject.exe
                    1> Total build time: 43.07 seconds
                    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" OceanProject Win64 Development "P:\Unreal Engine 4\OceanProject\OceanProject.uproject" -rocket" exited with code -1.
                    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Also it still does not let to package the project.

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                    I have updated the plugin code.. this should fix the packaging and all other issues caused by the infinite system.

Delete the plugins folder and add this.
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...JqbmhTZ1ozb2s/

Let me know if there are any more issues.

Comment

I'm not getting any errors in VS, but I still can't package the project.

Edit: Updating my old project didn't work, but for some reason making a new project with the new plugin did work.
                      Last edited by honaj; 06-26-2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your effort

Comment

Not sure why it still fails to package for some of you guys.. make sure to delete the plugin folder first or you might be left with some removed files.
                          Also delete the intermediate folder and any folder left previously by the packaging build.. it might explain why it worked in a new project honaj.

I don't know if it matters or not but you might need to be on 4.8.1 if you are not already.

I will be uploading the 4.8 project version to github today, you should see a 4.8 branch so make sure to update, there a couple of new minor things such as distance fade for the foam so it doesn't look like a tiled texture mess from distance.

Also I changed some of the branch names..
                          4.7 = former TK's-Dev branch
                          Experimental = former master branch (outdated but includes procedural terrain example map and some wip fish code updates by komodoman)

Edit:
                          4.8 branch is up https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject
                          Last edited by TK-Master; 06-26-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

For those getting the AssetEditorMessages.generated.h error. This is how I addressed that issue in the original 4.8 source:

In Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\OceanPlugin.Build.cs:
                            Remove the reference to "UnrealEd".
                            Code:
                            PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Engine", "Core", "CoreUObject", "InputCore", "PhysX", "APEX", "RHI", "RenderCore", "ShaderCore" });
                            In Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\InfiniteSystemComponent.cpp:
                            Modify:
                            Code:
                            #if WITH_EDITOR
                            #include "UnrealEd.h"
                            #endif
                            And in Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\CustomFunctionLibrary.cpp:
                            Remove the include for UnrealEd.h. That is not needed.

Then rebuild the plugin. You can now package. Of course the infintesystem tick in editor will not work.
                            Last edited by trustme95; 06-26-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

just for curiosity sakes

would it be possible to add this plug-in to the market place? I know this is a community project, but it would allow for easier downloading, and the source-code can still be edited, if someone choices

Comment

Personally I'm not that interested in submitting this into the marketplace (github allows for instant updates etc.) but if there is demand for it and Epic improves the submitting process then maybe we can work something out in the future once the project is more polished and "marketplace worthy"
                                -----------------------------

Question: Are you guys still having troubles with packaging?

Question #2: What would you like to see next? (choose one)

1) Improve the sky system - Better clouds, correct sun/moon orbits based on time of year, seasons, weather etc.

2) Improve the map - Island terrain with docks, vegetation, wet map, and better transition/fade the wave amplitude near the shore (I might be able to feed the terrain heightmap to the ocean shader and buoyancy system).

3) Keep improving the ocean shader - Stormy ocean, add setting presets (calm, rough etc. maybe Beaufort scale), add more gerstner waves option (currently the shader is using only 8 waves but a 16 or 32 version could improve the look with "acceptable" performance hit)

Comment

Working...
                                X