I love you DotCam. Superb work.
    Youtube
    Machine Learning C++ Plugin
    Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

"Thanks guys! new version should be out very soon. "

Cant wait!!! Thx DotCam!!!

Comment

DotCam, I sent you the code to my BuoyancyMovementComponent. It allows you to add buoyancy to any BP without a base BP. It's C++ though since we cannot create MovementComponents in BP yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Handkor View Post
          DotCam, I sent you the code to my BuoyancyMovementComponent. It allows you to add buoyancy to any BP without a base BP. It's C++ though since we cannot create MovementComponents in BP yet.
          Handkor! Good to see you bud!

Responded to your PM as well, but I will give this a try over the weekend and let you know how it goes, thank you very much for doing this! A BP only solution to this is proving to be exceedingly difficult, I wanted to try so it would be accessible to all, but the performance hit is too much.

Just an FYI for everyone reading this, this project would not have been possible without Handkor. For anyone wanting to know more about how this shader works I highly recommend watching his tutorials and checking out his thread on the topic, he explains in detail how and why it works, it was a huge help for me to understand it all. You can find more info on this here:
          https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...physical-ocean

Thanks again Handkor!
          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

DotCam my good man, epic work you've done with this. i wonder, could i trouble you for a 4.4 compatible version? i'v played around with it on 4.5.1 and absolutely love it, my problem is, when i convert my project from 4.4 to 4.5.1 all my colors for my sky sphere get real messed up and i cannot reproduce it how i want it.
            Last edited by ixicalibur; 12-02-2014, 07:05 AM.
            CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
            Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

As far as licensing goes, Is there any fees, royalties, or agreements that we have to abide by if we want to use this in a commercial game? I ask because I want to use this on a project that will hopefully be completely or nearly complete in half a year and I don't want to abuse you're amazing contributions to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by DestructDez1 View Post
                As far as licensing goes, Is there any fees, royalties, or agreements that we have to abide by if we want to use this in a commercial game? I ask because I want to use this on a project that will hopefully be completely or nearly complete in half a year and I don't want to abuse you're amazing contributions to the community.
                There is absolutely no fees/royalties/agreements or anything else like that, it is completely free to use for anything.

One caveat is the Moon textures and the Milky Way night sky texture are downloaded from a website where they were labeled free to use in your project. I have not looked into it any further for commercial games, so to be safe I would make sure to replace these textures.

All other content was either from the free example games from the UE4 Launcher (Epic allows us to use these in commercial games) or were created by me, with Handkor providing some code as well (not yet released).

So there shouldn't be any issues with this aside from those textures, but they can be replaced if you are using the sky blueprint as well.
                ------------------

To everyone else, I have been working at this as best I can, but have been going through a difficult time lately and haven't been able to work on this as much as I would like. It is still in the works though, I hope to have an update very soon. Thanks for understanding!

As far as a 4.4.3 version goes, it is very difficult to do (needs to be recreated entirely). There are features in version 4.6 that will be necessary for further development of the shader, the biggest one being 128 texture sampler's instead of 16 in 4.6. Since so many of the samplers are used by the engine itself, currently I can only use 6 textures in 4.5.1 and before. So I will be moving this to version 4.6 in the coming update, since most of the project is already in 4.5.1 it won't be as difficult to back-port the parts I add in, but the shader will not be updated for the reason I mentioned.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Keep up the good work. Take all the time you need, we understand. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Just came here to say It's a very good job I've saw here.
                    Migration to my project was super easy (right click on Ocean folder -> migrate), and in just a drag n drop, it was functionnal.

Thanks !
                    Yup, proudly writing in European B2-class English.
                    All grammar mistakes are under copyright protection from my english teacher. Thank you for her.

Comment

It stopped working for me in the 4.7 preview. Is that expected?
                      Last edited by Crafty; 12-30-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
                        It stopped working for me in the 4.7 preview. Is that expected?
                        Hey Crafty,

Unfortunately it is expected at this time, the root cause of this is a known issue in 4.7. This is from the 4.7 Preview page:

UE-6745 - Values in Material Parameter Collections are not carrying over
                        Right now MaterialParameterCollections just don't work in 4.7. :/ To get around that limitation would mean moving all of the 50+ parameters from the collection to the 2 material graphs as instance parameters, adding more set params to the blueprint for the 2nd material, replacing every set parameter in the blueprint, and other misc fixes... It would be quicker to start over really.

I am hoping this will be resolved for Preview #2 coming soon. It's really not worth it to convert all of these parameters if it's going to be fixed in the next version, so for now I am going to wait it out. I'll let you know if I hear any updates on this though!

Thanks
                        Last edited by DotCam; 12-30-2014, 02:21 PM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Awesome Job DotCam! I hope the Team at Epic will get those 4.7 bugs dealt with quickly so that you can continue your work on this awesome project.

Comment

As well, thanks a lot for this contribution, it looks great and since water covers a bunch of the earth and we see it a lot, having more realistic water and simulation is important!

Thanks
                            Surfing on Sine waves.
                            http://www.teotigraphix.com
                            http://twitter.com/teotigraphix

Comment

Very impresive, Im waiting for the "native" implementation for bouyanci on your project
                              [MARKETPLACE] The forest like gameplay system | building/crafting game
                              Dark Souls 2 fighting system style
                              Drivable Space Ship
                              Run Knight Run | 48h game made
                              Unreal Travel | 48h game made

Comment

Can't wait for buoyancy! Great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X