X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

How did you migrate the assets? Did you follow this video?
    Ha ok.. I have migrate in my blue print project. No C++. Is this really mandatory? Can I migrate my project in your project and activate blue print?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post

Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to the code. The problem occurs after plugin migration in my project. The Ocean Shader version I'm using is UE4.19 compatible. The name of the GitHub archive is OceanProject-423ebed16e12de92bb9007766fc8a0efb2539d3d. And all camera modes have exactly the same problem.

I tested all ocean presets (SSR and Foam, etc.), same result. I tested in launching the game in all possible modes (stand alone, simulate, etc. ..), same result ..

I do not know what to do.. please
    How did you migrate the assets? Did you follow this video?

Leave a comment:

• replied

I don't know how to solve this issue, mainly because it doesn't happen with me. Did you make any changes in the code or is this happening in the original project from Github? Which Map are you playing? Which version for the Ocean material? Which is the camera mode in use set in the BP_Ocean?
    Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to the code. The problem occurs after plugin migration in my project. The Ocean Shader version I'm using is UE4.19 compatible. The name of the GitHub archive is OceanProject-423ebed16e12de92bb9007766fc8a0efb2539d3d. And all camera modes have exactly the same problem.

I tested all ocean presets (SSR and Foam, etc.), same result. I tested in launching the game in all possible modes (stand alone, simulate, etc. ..), same result ..

I do not know what to do.. please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
    Hello. Thank you so much for this wonderful plug in. Really beautiful.

Nevertheless, I encounter a problem. When I play in the editor, if I approach near the ocean, the image freezes. I can not move or turn the camera.

Do you know how to fix that?

I am using unreal engine version 4.19.2, and it is BP_Ocean that causes this problem.
    I don't know how to solve this issue, mainly because it doesn't happen with me. Did you make any changes in the code or is this happening in the original project from Github? Which Map are you playing? Which version for the Ocean material? Which is the camera mode in use set in the BP_Ocean?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello. Thank you so much for this wonderful plug in. Really beautiful.

Nevertheless, I encounter a problem. When I play in the editor, if I approach near the ocean, the image freezes. I can not move or turn the camera.

Do you know how to fix that?

I am using unreal engine version 4.19.2, and it is BP_Ocean that causes this problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NilsonLima alright thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by script526 View Post
    @NilsonLima In the video on 32:25 when the sky is orange you're connecting the SkySphere to Directional Light and the sky turns into blue but the ocean still keeps reflecting the orange color a little bit. How do you avoid this? Thanks in advance!
    Basically it goes off when you hit play, because the sky is one blueprint and it takes the sunlight vector on its own, while the ocean uses another blueprint to retrieve the sunlight vector and stores it in a Material Parameter Collection which is only updated during play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @NilsonLima In the video on 32:25 when the sky is orange you're connecting the SkySphere to Directional Light and the sky turns into blue but the ocean still keeps reflecting the orange color a little bit. How do you avoid this? Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NilsonLima thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by script526 View Post
    Excuse me for stupid question but there is no instructions on Github. Should I merge the OceanProgect with UE4 source code and compile in order to make this work?
    If you follow this video is enough to migrate the project and make it work:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excuse me for stupid question but there is no instructions on Github. Should I merge the OceanProgect with UE4 source code and compile in order to make this work?

Leave a comment:

• replied

I have played with skeletal meshes and the buoyancy like 2 years ago, so I really don't remember all of it, so I guess if I can't find the project I messed with it I will need to recreate one from scratch, but I do remember I made the 3rd person character float, thou not in a perfect simulation because I have wrongly put test points in the hands and feet, which is not correct, the test points needs to be put in head, torso and hips.

Hopefully I will get rid of some work Im almost finished and I will make a video to show how to approach the solution. If possible, I will deal with the Sequencer for the boat animation aswel, maybe a separate video for it too.
    Any update on the issue of 4.20 I posted above?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by skywaves View Post

Thanks, NilsonLima. Just getting back into this and started playing around the the sequencer idea further, but I was getting some odd results. Which is probably caused by me probably doing it wrong. So far I've had the most success with using forces to push the boat around.

Also, does anyone know if the advanced buoyancy will work on a skeletal mesh as well? Tried it out with a skeletal mesh instead of a static mesh and with skeletal mesh I just get an
    error saying "mesh missed".

Thanks.
    I have played with skeletal meshes and the buoyancy like 2 years ago, so I really don't remember all of it, so I guess if I can't find the project I messed with it I will need to recreate one from scratch, but I do remember I made the 3rd person character float, thou not in a perfect simulation because I have wrongly put test points in the hands and feet, which is not correct, the test points needs to be put in head, torso and hips.

Hopefully I will get rid of some work Im almost finished and I will make a video to show how to approach the solution. If possible, I will deal with the Sequencer for the boat animation aswel, maybe a separate video for it too.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I still vow for the Sequencer idea, you can do complex stuff with it, not to mention there is less things to worry regarding assets moving between Maya and Unreal. Im quite busy working on the new ocean version or I would demonstrate this in a video and post here. When I am about to finish here I will contact you and if you didn't find a solution I will make the video.

Thanks, NilsonLima. Just getting back into this and started playing around the the sequencer idea further, but I was getting some odd results. Which is probably caused by me probably doing it wrong. So far I've had the most success with using forces to push the boat around.

Also, does anyone know if the advanced buoyancy will work on a skeletal mesh as well? Tried it out with a skeletal mesh instead of a static mesh and with skeletal mesh I just get an
    error saying "mesh missed".

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems like there is some flickering on the shader in 4.20.

EDIT: This is how it looks like: https://gyazo.com/05d251a68fb64733bce7753d5f8a535d
    Last edited by AmbiguousInt; 07-20-2018, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X