[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trungswat View Post
    I tried and found this plugin not working well with UE4.8 integrated with Nvidia GameWorks (guess due to VXGI) the ocean surface looks like missing shader. But this one works pretty well with UE4.8 not integrate with GameWork. Any ideas to deal with this?

Another one, I feel if the shore gets wet when the wave chopping to the shore, it's kind of wet map, it's definitely a big thumb up
    I have not used VGXI yet so.. I have no idea xD I will check it out when I have time.
    Can you open one of the materials and see if there are any compilation errors? I guess materials have specific requirements to run with VGXI.
    Also in the BP_Ocean settings try using one of the shaders without SSR, see if that works.

About the wet map, that has more to do with the landscape material setup so it's not something that I will focus on any time soon (first we need some proper terrain at least ) but eventually, sure xD

Originally posted by Finntastic View Post
    1. Am I free to use it in my own project and maybe distribute it in my game (if it becomes a cool game)?
    2. When I try to download the files, they all are .uasset-files, but I can't import them. How do you do this?
    Yes absolutely, you can use it in your project any way you like (or else what's the point?)
    Project is under the MIT license (basically you are not allowed to sell the project as is but everything else is good).
    We only ask that you give credit and link to the project, but that's not really mandatory it's more like a "thanks"

You can't import .uasset files but you can copy the content files directly to your project's content folder or you can use the migrate option.

I have also put up a guide in the wiki recently
    https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project
    Last edited by TK-Master; 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
    WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
    WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

• Hey TK Master thanks for the 4.8 Update to this project.

Toying around with it now and enjoying it allot

Comment

• Thanks I will try it as soon as I can.

Are the files on GithHub compatible with version 4.7?
        Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

Comment

• Hi,

When the shader is loaded, I got a error:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ocean.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1080296

Please take a look and see what you can help me

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
            Hey TK Master thanks for the 4.8 Update to this project.

Toying around with it now and enjoying it allot

Originally posted by Finntastic View Post
            Thanks I will try it as soon as I can.

Are the files on GithHub compatible with version 4.7?
            Currently github has only the 4.7 version yes, but soon I will add a 4.8 branch there.

Originally posted by trungswat View Post
            Hi,

When the shader is loaded, I got a error:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]44658[/ATTACH]

Please take a look and see what you can help me
            From what I read that's a tessellation bug with flex
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post299133

Can you try GalaxyMan2015's branch?
            https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs

Comment

• I saw a pirateship in a few video's, are these included in the files?
              I want to create a pirateship multiplayer battle game, so maybe I can help a bit or make a game with the created models?

I love the details of this plugin and how big this is.
              Check out my ARK Mod Play As Dino!

Comment

• Originally posted by TK-Master View Post

From what I read that's a tessellation bug with flex
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post299133

Can you try GalaxyMan2015's branch?
                https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...8_NVIDIA_Techs
                I'm using Galaxy's branch. He's almost find the solution for that. I'll contact with him. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• I have a small question/issue, So i got it all onto my project and all works well, I highlighted the ocean, pp, and volume at the same time to move it to fit my leve, and when i click play the pp that makes it look like its under water is fine until u get to the very top of the water and then it goes to underwater right before the underwater part, i have moved it by itself and it snaps even with grid off to a foot below the water level or right above the water level.

Any ideas how I can fix this
                  Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

• Great work all around
                    I know this is probably an issue just with 4.8 but has anyone any look cooking this plugin with their project? I have even tried the newest 4.8.1 in the 4.8 source branch and no luck. The packaging keeps failing.
                    \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                    Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                    Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                      Great work all around
                      I know this is probably an issue just with 4.8 but has anyone any look cooking this plugin with their project? I have even tried the newest 4.8.1 in the 4.8 source branch and no luck. The packaging keeps failing.
                      it fails for me also

Comment

• Hey Im getting a crash when I try to respawn. We do have our own respawn system built into our main character and I know that in the ocean build there is a respawn system I dont know if that could be part of the issue.

Here is the crash information that pops up:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

""

UE4Editor_OceanPlugin
                        UE4Editor_Engine!UActorComponent::ConditionalTickComponent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:1108]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:656]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask:oTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:113]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:753]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:430]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:273]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:991]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FTaskGraphInterface::WaitUntilTaskCompletes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:192]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:232]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:643]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:697]
                        UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1186]
                        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1339]
                        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:366]
                        UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2359]
                        UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
                        UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                        UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
                        My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
                        My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
                        Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

• Originally posted by Axxi View Post
                          it fails for me also
                          Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'AssetEditorMessages.generated.h': No such file or directory E:\Unreal\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEdMessages\Classes\AssetEditorMessages.h 5 1 OceanProject

Not sure why the engine doesn't have that editor class generated. But that seems to be my hiccup.
                          \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
                          Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
                          Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

• Originally posted by trungswat View Post
                            I'm using Galaxy's branch. He's almost find the solution for that. I'll contact with him. Thanks a bunch.
                            Okay please let me know if you find a solution, I'm also interested.

Originally posted by bzinventor
                            So, how would you go about the jitter - this is unusable with this problem.

As I said previously if you disconnect the steering you don't have that problem so it's probably the torgue
                            Well it is unusable, no argument there none of this is a complete solution. The ships are only meant as an example.

Disconnecting the torgue doesn't change anything for me, as soon as the ship gets some momentum, physics are going insane.
                            I would not use the per-poly collision ship because of the unstable physics. Although the simple collision boat has problems of it's own as well.

Originally posted by Uprentiss View Post
                            I have a small question/issue, So i got it all onto my project and all works well, I highlighted the ocean, pp, and volume at the same time to move it to fit my leve, and when i click play the pp that makes it look like its under water is fine until u get to the very top of the water and then it goes to underwater right before the underwater part, i have moved it by itself and it snaps even with grid off to a foot below the water level or right above the water level.

Any ideas how I can fix this
                            To avoid the snapping, you can try moving the volume manually by increasing the Z coordinate value.

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                            Great work all around
                            Not entirely sure why this happens yet but my suspicion is that it's because of the infinite system I'm working on it.

Originally posted by HughieDM View Post
                            Hey Im getting a crash when I try to respawn. We do have our own respawn system built into our main character and I know that in the ocean build there is a respawn system I dont know if that could be part of the issue.

Here is the crash information that pops up:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

""

UE4Editor_OceanPlugin
                            UE4Editor_Engine!UActorComponent::ConditionalTickComponent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:1108]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:656]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask:oTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:113]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickTaskSequencer::FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:753]
                            UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:430]
                            UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:273]
                            UE4Editor_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:991]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!FTaskGraphInterface::WaitUntilTaskCompletes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:192]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:232]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:643]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:697]
                            UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1186]
                            UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1339]
                            UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:366]
                            UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2359]
                            UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
                            UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                            UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
                            Sorry I think this is also because of the infinite system.. I missed a few null checks for the pawn and so on for now try to open BP_Ocean and disable ticking on the infinite system component.
                            There should have been an update days ago but I keep finding myself busy with other stuff, sorry

Comment

• TK-Master no problem! great work by the way!

So Im in the BP and where is disable ticking on the infinite system?
                              My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
                              My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
                              Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

• Uncheck the Auto Activate option in the component settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X